+ Reply to Thread

Thread: raid dps with deep druid (50/16)

Plane Touched

Default raid dps with deep druid (50/16)

ive heard that a cleric with 50/16 (drui/shaman) manages 1.8k dps in fire raid rift. i wasnt there so i didnt c the parse. ive asked some other clerics and they all said that deep druid sales extremly well in raids.

unbuffed i managed 850 dps on boss dummy on my first attemps, which still is about 100 dps lower than my inqui/shaman/warden spec.

i wonder if anyone here could prove that deep druid with greater fea scales that well and i wonder how much dps u guys u could parse and how much u would parse unbuffed at dummy

im at 1211 ap and 597 melee crit, but only wearing a 1hander...

i concentrated on spamming Fervant Stike, for max pet dps. not sure if adding spells like bombard, or maybe shaman styles like Massive Blow will result in more overall dps. ill do some testing

this is the build i was using:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10ane.EqIqAkqVz.Ex00z

i didnt use Natural Dedication since i heard archont has this spell ready all the time and they dont stack. if someone can confirm this too, it would b nice.

ill do some testing with satyr too, but i think satyr is only the way to go with ow points in druid, it doesnt scale as well as the feary

this is the parse:
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...ebitmapmk.png/
    Last edited by Mathom; 06-20-2011 at 06:33 AM.

Natural Dedication is overridden. I don't think going for 51 points to get Strength of the Fae is worth sacrificing Jolt, so you were probably wise to drop Natural Dedication.
    Last edited by beawr; 06-20-2011 at 06:49 AM.
    Cleric Tank -Guardian- Sunrest
    <Esti Efiu>

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by beawr View Post
    Natural Dedication is overridden.
    thanks. but that sux

I wouldn't even bother if you only have access to a 1-hander.

Plane Touched

well i have legendary 1h and t2 two hand. so i have access to a 2hander, but my 1h is way better...but thats not the reason for this thread

on topic:
    with bombard, Massive Blow and lightning hammer added in my macro im at 880 dps
    Last edited by Mathom; 06-20-2011 at 07:03 AM.

Plane Touched

just tested 45/21 (for 50% increased air dmg) and its quit about or even a bit less than the 50/16. pets dps is 100! dps lower, thats ****ing much for 5 points missing. pets dps dropped from 335 to 235, but jolt and lthe dot of lightning hammer make this difference up.

Telaran

What was your shaman warden iq spec? And how do both out these compare to the cookie cutter druid shaman inquisitor spec?
    Beat, Defiant, Mage of Deepstrike
    Beet, Guardian, Cleric of Belmont

RIP Emberlord may you be ascended in another life.

He was likely running 40 inquisitor, 21 shaman, 5 warden. It's a pretty high DPS build that is only a bit behind the unbuffed cookie cutter. The problem is that cookie cutter benefits from raid buffs a bit more due to the double dipping on spotters orders etc. Still, if you need to bring the SD debuff, 40/21/5 is a good build to go with.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Mathom View Post
    on topic:
    with bombard, Massive Blow and lightning hammer added in my macro im at 880 dps
    when i used that spec i didn't use lh or massive. my resoning was that lh without sotrmborn+massive blow dont add that much damage to myself to miss the 30%chance for a crit from the fairy.

the reason i prefer the fairy is exactly because of the fervent strike proc. for the satyr it seems to be borked and apply to autoattcks and stuff, while the fairy has only 1 attack ability and if fervent procs then it is guaranteee that it will affect her ability and not a silly auto-attack.

as for numbers, i use both specs because i'm still trying to figure out which is best, raid buffed, for the same encounters i feel like the 50/16 was behaving a bit better, but i recently bought my 4th engine that i geared with crit and cookie cutter is better with it (i dont have an engine with 6lesser with full sp).

i wouldn't mind running with the 50/16build this week to compare numbers directly, but afaik with the changes in lessers the numbers will be borked once again...

Soulwalker

So what is the t2 dps spec look like, I have been doing duracell bit was told I could do better for t2

Quote Originally Posted by beawr View Post
    Natural Dedication is overridden. I don't think going for 51 points to get Strength of the Fae is worth sacrificing Jolt, so you were probably wise to drop Natural Dedication.
    Yes, but it also lasts longer than its counterparts so with some coordination, it could actually be of some use.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Russdog View Post
    What was your shaman warden iq spec? And how do both out these compare to the cookie cutter druid shaman inquisitor spec?
    as i posted i use a 1hander, thats y i thought the cooky cutter drui/shaman/inqui is nothing for me. with "joltinq" (40/21/5) i get sth about 900 dps, while cooky cutter was a bit less for me (both with selfbuffs only). ive seen a friend with slightly worse eq than me but with a t3 epic 2hander parse for 1k dps self buffed with the joltinq.

tomorrow is our guilds raiding day and ill try joltinq and the deep drui (50/16) on trash for some static dps tests raidbuffed without movement.

for bosses im forced to go inquisicar, since our raid needs my souldraindebuff AND my DoL spam heals, so i wont b able to do a parse on bosses.

+ Reply to Thread