+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mana Regen how is it looking.

Default Mana Regen how is it looking.

So was anybody who played on the Public Test Shard able to setup similar stats to what they have on Live. I am asking this because I am wondering how mana regen is going to be concerned for PvE. PvP wise I don't think is going to matter to much because well who waits to regen mana. People tend to either run in and suicide so you can res with full mana or go hide and drink. I only as because I am kinda worried what its going to be like when some of my friends catch up and I start healing Tier 1 and Tier 2 content.

Plane Walker

It is actually a buff at lower gear levels. I haven't checked in a couple of days but I think they upped regen slightly, it is still a huge nerd raidi g wise though.

Its terrible for mid geared players.

Must be very low levels you see a buff. But yeah its dire which unfortunatly means I may not raid after the patch because I want to raid as a healer made from the 3 healing souls, i dont want to have to play a justicar healer which seems to be the only builds abale to last out with mana.

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

Shadowlander

aggressive renewal, purpose/fae hammer/ageless ice and mana potions are still working as before.

mana regen from WIS is still as meaningless as it is on live right now

Plane Walker

i wonder if whith this change to would be better to start investing in intelligence instead of wisdom if you already hit the 1000 spell power as priest healer

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by mooo View Post
    mana regen from WIS is still as meaningless as it is on live right now
    QFT. There is a lot of concern over the changes, but cleric passive regen has always been mediocre. It's going to be even worse than it was before, but it's not like wisdom was effective in the first place.

So in a sense, wisdom is transitioning from bad to worse. Hoping Trion will offer clerics a viable regen mechanic that doesn't involve stacking stats.

Ya wish we could get more mana regen abilities in the upper tiers of our healing trees just like Chloromancers can. I mean if we just stick to only the Chloromancer tree they have Empathic Bond and Living Shell. I could go on about how they can get other things from other trees too but I won't. Just as a comparison to Warden, Sentinel, and Purifier I think Warden is the only one with any type of in combat regen called Cascade.

I guess I just wish our mana regen was a little more even with Chloromancers as far as healing is concerned. Anyhow Sad Panda I guess until we get some changes and no I do not wish to see any nerfs to mages. In fact I think mages are closer to the base of what mana regen should look like when you take active skills into consideration.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fluxions View Post
    QFT. There is a lot of concern over the changes, but cleric passive regen has always been mediocre. It's going to be even worse than it was before, but it's not like wisdom was effective in the first place.

So in a sense, wisdom is transitioning from bad to worse. Hoping Trion will offer clerics a viable regen mechanic that doesn't involve stacking stats.
    Like.....

http://rift.zam.com/en/ability/1544478028/Living-Shell
    http://rift.zam.com/en/ability/197338624/Empathic-Bond

and all of those other mana regen abilities available at low point costs to mages?

Regen is decent at high gear levels now, not self sustaining by any means, but this nerf is still rather large. I don't think clerics will ever again receive patch changes that favor us for anything or even address issues like overflow/serendipity not proccing properly, serendipity being consumed by instant-cast abilities, and various other bugs that are still around from beta.

It's hilarious though, because we have to admit this is true. Look at the proposed changes to chloros. They even get a fix to LGV while all of our stuff remains purge-able on the PTR. Fail more, Trion.
    Last edited by jMerliN; 06-20-2011 at 03:30 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Fluxions View Post

Every game has always given regen by Wisdom or some stat, this is nothing new. Saying there is a lot of concern and then saying wisdom wasn't effective, kind of saying the opposites in the same sentence eh?

Mana regen is actually pretty important on live right now. I mean we wouldn't have even noticed the change on test the first time we got in combat if it wasn't a big change. I mean calculate the regen, over an 8 minute fight regen is about 10-12k mana if not more, that is a pretty big deal....
    Candy

+ Reply to Thread