+ Reply to Thread

Thread: my inquisicar build and why i like it.

Rift Disciple

Default my inquisicar build and why i like it.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...xkdxx0o.E0x00o

30% parry
    35-40% armor rating
    + 40-80 endo
    spellpower/spellcrit bonuses and buffs
    5% heal bonus
    6 life based instas for building convictions and 2 convictions on a crit.
    40% crit bonus
    2 types of mana regen
    1 pbaoe fear
    1 pbaoe heavy dmg
    1 aoe melee
    2 single target melee attacks
    1 insta aoe heal no recharge
    1 castable aoe heal no recharge
    1 cheap insta self heal with no recharge
    2 castable single heals one of which is very heavy
    1 make next heal insta
    1 make next dmg crit
    1 insta, no recharge, cc debuff
    makes strong dot vex a dot/hot that u can spread around to lots of enemies for good self healing when pulling many mobs for the big pbaoe dmg
    knock back which is fun in pvp to chuck peeps of cliffs

I really like this build because it offers really good healing, really good defense, and respectable damage. along with a little cc action.

my base stats are somewhat crit base, i have 880 spellpower and 19.5% crit, i could improve my spell power with some better gear, but i like my crit to be at least around 20% if i can.

in the end i have 4800-5500hp & 35-40ish armor percent or 880-920spellpower & 20-23% crit depending on which inquisitor buff i use, and 30% parry. not gonna wear a shield so no point in block rating....

so far this is my favorite general purpose build.

Rift Disciple

and 1 strong insta heal with recharge

Keep in mind that you cannot actually have more than 20% chance to parry, and Mein of Leadership reduces your healing and damage from all non-Justicar abilities. Otherwise, have fun
    Cleric Tank -Guardian- Sunrest
    <Esti Efiu>

Rift Disciple

weird, why cant you have more than 20% parry, the stat sheet says 29.54%.
    why would the stat read that high if it doesnt actually happen.?
    where does it say that u can only use 20% parry?

when i'm being attacked by melee types i do seem to parry often.

and i dont use mein of leadership.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyboy View Post
    weird, why cant you have more than 20% parry, the stat sheet says 29.54%.
    why would the stat read that high if it doesnt actually happen.?
    where does it say that u can only use 20% parry?

when i'm being attacked by melee types i do seem to parry often.

and i dont use mein of leadership.
    It's a hardcap, it won't show anywhere though. You won't have to worry about that come 1.3 anyways as their changing it to give some dodge and some parry instead of all parry.
    Hitme (W) - Byriel - Dark Horizon
    Darane (C) - Faeblight - Knights of Septoria

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...xkdxx0o.E0x00o

That would work out better than going so deep into justicar and sentinel. For AoE grinding you can toss vex around and group up a ton of mobs then soul drain and they should all be dead. If not then CoO and they will be.

For PvP you now have stronger DoT to toss around if that's your thing. Remember not many people will die like this, but at the same time you will have constant heals coming in. The amount of buffs you need for this spec will be a deal breaker for any smart PvPer though.

In raids your DPS is higher, and you still offer support for your group.

As someone else said don't use Mein of Leadership. Less healing, and damage=bad.
    The daemonic are without number, and their legions span the galaxy. But faith does not tire. Should it take us an eternity, the Ordo malleus will find and exterminate them all. - Lord Hephaestos Grudd

Rift Disciple

huh, well alright, thnx for the info man, i'll take a point out of parry and put it someplace else useful.

Rift Disciple

i've tried the high inq build, 44 in inq, rest in just/sent. and i have to say i dont like it as much, yes, it does do more damage with specific spells like vex and SH, but the durability and group aid isn't as good.

also with the sovereignty insta from just u can make up for whatever dmg u lost from SH not being tweaked so high. and u get a conviction for using it too.

with my build i have insta heal for 1200(healing breath), insta heal for 2500-3500 (touch of light+healing invocation), and my doctrine self heal for 800, a debuff/dot purge, insta grp heal for 10 peeps and a castable group heal for 10 peeps.

also after using soul drain i can use even justice to finish em off if need be, and even justice charges the convictions. and can be used for the mana regen thing.

also getting shield of faith is good too for the static 15% dmg reduction.

my build is a hybrid build with its focus on healing and toughness while still being able to pump out damage when needed. you dont have to stand on the out skirts of the battle, u go in there and get dirty.

for a heavy distance damage build i go more for the caby/inq build like this
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...tzqz.VzAVz.V0x

Telaran

I use this Inquisitor / Justicar build for experts: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10....Egkigx0qz.V0x

You can stay at range, it delivers high DPS and very high AoE potential. You are also mobile. The two heals you get from 10 in Sentinel are often enough to keep the tank alive with enough spellpower. What I like most is the constant group heal of 15% of your damage, which can be a lot, especially in AoE situations. It makes expert trash killing really fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowbob View Post
    I use this Inquisitor / Justicar build for experts: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10....Egkigx0qz.V0x

You can stay at range, it delivers high DPS and very high AoE potential. You are also mobile. The two heals you get from 10 in Sentinel are often enough to keep the tank alive with enough spellpower. What I like most is the constant group heal of 15% of your damage, which can be a lot, especially in AoE situations. It makes expert trash killing really fast.
    Hey Lowbob, could I trouble you long enuff to get your rotation and macros you use for this spec? I've been trashing thru alot of different builds lately, but nothing caught my eye like this one of yours.. So I don't wanna disrespect it by using the wrong rotation or macros. Thks man, I really appreciate it.

I dont use L&D in any of my Inq builds, free cast of BoDs just does more damage. That 10 second cd is a huge dps loss. On high movement fights ask for momvement speed buffs and use performance insoles on your boots, getting from point a to point b quicker increases dps.

+ Reply to Thread