+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvE Melee DPS - Which Codex Trinket?

Shadowlander

Default PvE Melee DPS - Which Codex Trinket?

I was wondering, if running a melee dps spec like 31Dru/24Sha/11Inq, would the AP codex trinket (+20End, +16 AP, +250AP on use) have any benefit over the SP (+20End, +16 SP, +125 SP)?

Does AP contribute only to physical damaging and SP to elemental damage? Or does AP contribute to all melee damage in which case AP would be better?

Any Thoughts?

RIFT Guide Writer Kutsuu Isback's Avatar

From what I understand, every point of SP that you have is converted and also applied to AP, so 125SP is actually 125SP 125AP. I know the druid DPS in my guild uses the caster version, but that's as far as I can go on insight for it.
    http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii144/sparks03max/kutsmuffinsig.png

Shadowlander

Yeah I was just wondering if anyone has any insight on how the coefficients work. Does SP come into dps calculations at all (apart from conversion to AP), or will 250 AP outweight 125 SP procs?

Shadowlander

Some initial testing without buying the trinket suggests 0.5SP > 1AP (very rough stacking of low level dex gear) so is it only abilities that state 'phyiscal damage' which benefit from AP? In which case SP trinket would far outweigh AP.

+ Reply to Thread