+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do I #@$%!ing queue as tank?

Shadowlander

Default How do I #@$%!ing queue as tank?

I've tanked all the levelling dungeons on my Justicar alt. No problems at all with my gear or spec.

Ever since the LFG tool has gone in, though, I haven't been able to tank at all (still levelling slowly at 45). I've tried swapping through all my roles, putting up my buffs, etc. My gear is blues and greens. Still no luck.

So other clerics out there: How do I get this stupid tool to recognize that I am a tank?

Is this tool just broken? If so, it's been broken a very long time.

Rift Disciple

Not sure what could be going on, at 50 its no issue.

Do you have 34 + points in Justicar tanking?

So the que sees you as a tank...

Rift Disciple

It appears that the game compares your stats in your tanking gear vs everyone else's stats in their tanking gear and picks the person who is the 'best' tank.

Due to focus differences between myself and our main tank my offspec has higher health so now when we LFG into a dungeon I get set as a tank much to his delight. Which I don't mind at least I'm not healing \o/

it lets me queue as tank for t2s in my shamicar support spec with only 23 justicar, and i have 0 toughness gear but it still lets me queue, i find this hilarious.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Ponytoucher View Post
    It appears that the game compares your stats in your tanking gear vs everyone else's stats in their tanking gear and picks the person who is the 'best' tank.

Due to focus differences between myself and our main tank my offspec has higher health so now when we LFG into a dungeon I get set as a tank much to his delight. Which I don't mind at least I'm not healing \o/
    theres no cleverness like that. its purely random. you can have a raid MT queue and a dps warrior with blue crap and it still might select the warrior in blue (despite him not having tank checked because lets face it... the LFG thing just doesnt care what you check in/out)

Quote Originally Posted by mooo View Post
    theres no cleverness like that. its purely random. you can have a raid MT queue and a dps warrior with blue crap and it still might select the warrior in blue (despite him not having tank checked because lets face it... the LFG thing just doesnt care what you check in/out)
    not to mention if you have two tanks and one is queued as tank only and the other is queued as tank/dps then the tanking role will not go to the tank/dps.

Soulwalker

At one point or another, you have to have the majority of your points in Justicar to queue as a tank. After that, even if it's not your main role it will allow you to do so.

+ Reply to Thread