+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: The Druid ( the presentation Trion gives on the site )

  1. #1
    Rift Chaser Vivvi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    396

    Default The Druid ( the presentation Trion gives on the site )

    This is what the web says about Druids.
    Shouldnt the pets become quite abit stronger for this text to have a value? Im 42 druid / Justicar / Sent....if my Satyr dies im in no trouble at all. He gives me abit of dps sure, but he is no way as needed as this text says...goes for the Greater Fae aswell.
    Trion, you need to boost the Druids pets abit.
    I like the druid alot, I rather spec druid / justi before Justi/ shaman. Mainly because I like having a pet.
    And I didnt notice much diffrence in dps between the classes anyway.
    This text is what made me get intrested in the druid...I havnt yet put 51 points in the druid-tree..who knows perhaps the pets gets alot better with a full tree ?

    Weaknesses

    A Druidís bond with their Fae Spirit is both the key to their power and their greatest weakness. Enemies who destroy a Druidís companion greatly reduce the Druidís prowess and endurance.

  2. #2
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vivvi View Post
    This is what the web says about Druids.
    Shouldnt the pets become quite abit stronger for this text to have a value? Im 42 druid / Justicar / Sent....if my Satyr dies im in no trouble at all. He gives me abit of dps sure, but he is no way as needed as this text says...goes for the Greater Fae aswell.
    Trion, you need to boost the Druids pets abit.
    I like the druid alot, I rather spec druid / justi before Justi/ shaman. Mainly because I like having a pet.
    And I didnt notice much diffrence in dps between the classes anyway.
    This text is what made me get intrested in the druid...I havnt yet put 51 points in the druid-tree..who knows perhaps the pets gets alot better with a full tree ?

    Weaknesses

    A Druidís bond with their Fae Spirit is both the key to their power and their greatest weakness. Enemies who destroy a Druidís companion greatly reduce the Druidís prowess and endurance.
    I'm starting to get concerned as well...

    The 51 point druid is quite strong and scales well with spell power, however is by no means great...

    When druids had their healing instead Natural dedication I complained for the druid tree to grow stronger, I was hoping for more pet strength and more healing strength from the tree.

    With the Satyr providing a good portion of damage, with talents improving their skills or cooldowns, and the fairy allowing the character to become an off healer.

    Very similar to the way that justicar plays switching between tank and offhealing.

    However, the pets were improved slightly but with the restriction that they were 'good' at 51 points and baseline at 31 - 35 points in druid.

    The difference is huge.

    The satyr can do something like a 100 -200 damage at 31 points and 300-600 at 51 points

    The fairy can do a 80-100 damage at 26-35 points, and 600 damage at 51 points.

    Removing just a single point from the druid tree reduces the pets damage and prowess by a huge amount, totally restricting druids.

    Not to mention that druids lack alot of useful skills that other pet souls gain, we have the least amount of pet buffs, pet skills and pet talents and have traded it with a super scaling talent at 36 points.

    I feel the druid's versatility should be much stronger than this, on par with the justicar soul, at the moment the druid is only 'ok' and not totally viable for many things in comparison to other souls.

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple AlexiousITA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whistlingwind View Post
    I'm starting to get concerned as well...

    The 51 point druid is quite strong and scales well with spell power, however is by no means great...

    When druids had their healing instead Natural dedication I complained for the druid tree to grow stronger, I was hoping for more pet strength and more healing strength from the tree.

    With the Satyr providing a good portion of damage, with talents improving their skills or cooldowns, and the fairy allowing the character to become an off healer.

    Very similar to the way that justicar plays switching between tank and offhealing.

    However, the pets were improved slightly but with the restriction that they were 'good' at 51 points and baseline at 31 - 35 points in druid.

    The difference is huge.

    The satyr can do something like a 100 -200 damage at 31 points and 300-600 at 51 points

    The fairy can do a 80-100 damage at 26-35 points, and 600 damage at 51 points.

    Removing just a single point from the druid tree reduces the pets damage and prowess by a huge amount, totally restricting druids.

    Not to mention that druids lack alot of useful skills that other pet souls gain, we have the least amount of pet buffs, pet skills and pet talents and have traded it with a super scaling talent at 36 points.

    I feel the druid's versatility should be much stronger than this, on par with the justicar soul, at the moment the druid is only 'ok' and not totally viable for many things in comparison to other souls.
    I agree. Anyway, Druid is perfectly viable in PvE and in fact most melee DPS builds are Druid-heavy; however it is not viable at all in PvP, in my opinion it fundamentally lacks the Shaman's Battle Charge, too important for melee players when PvP'ing.
    I actually believe that the problem lies in Shaman tree: they should bring Battle Charge down in the tree, so that players don't have to choose between it and dropping Justicar's amazing survivability.
    This would make Druid builds totally viable, even in PvP.

  4. #4
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    250

    Default

    God forbid one soul is better at pvp than another. Oh wait druids have access to three forms of cc


    50 Cleric <Fires of Heaven>
    Recruitment - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf6DGgZnjWw
    0 valor PvP - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv5JtuQuqXA
    Rift PvE - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulPTfNf_k40
    Site for everything rift! www.riftjunkies.com

  5. #5
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ssly View Post
    God forbid one soul is better at pvp than another. Oh wait druids have access to three forms of cc
    AND druids have the only healing debuff in the cleric class.

    A druids role in PVP is not to burn someone down. Its to CC and heal debuff so the shaman can burst someone down.

    Work as a team and you will melt face. Work alone and your face will be melted.
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple AlexiousITA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivengar View Post
    AND druids have the only healing debuff in the cleric class.

    A druids role in PVP is not to burn someone down. Its to CC and heal debuff so the shaman can burst someone down.

    Work as a team and you will melt face. Work alone and your face will be melted.
    So Druids are debuff/CC bots? Anyway, their CC capabilities are more than fine, however Druids are not ranged which means actually hitting any ranged player in PvP, without a Charge skill, is basically unfeasible.

    That's the problem. As for the rest, they're great even.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Rheven's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,933

    Default

    Yeah druid is melee heavy. I hit bombard and then hammer away mostly. I agree not great for PvP. I find my justicar build is much more melee happy in warfronts.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

  8. #8
    Prophet of Telara Morguloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    1,114

    Default

    Another weakness for the Druid is that unlike Necro (Soul Purge) you don't have a spell that'll keep you AND your pet up when blitzed. Doesn't have enough synergy imho with the pets. I agree with the OP with regards to the website description. Reading that it sounds like a melee cleric version of the necro who IS heavily dependant on his pet in a 51 pnt. build.

    Trion should throw in more abilities that'll tie us more to our pets. And as for Shamans only having a charge, why not give our Satyr pet a charge ability? Make it so you have to feat for it high in the tree and put it on a reasonable CD. A charge/stun ability on a CD might make PvP more fun, let the pet catch the prey.

    But I also agree that PvP is a pain with Druid, between micromanaging my pet(s) and chasing ppl down it downright sucks at times. I end up using mostly ranged abilities in WF battles since it's such a pain to chase ppl down. Maybe allow us to feat to let Bombard stun first before the snare, dunno, but it seems like it does need something.

  9. #9
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexiousITA View Post
    I agree. Anyway, Druid is perfectly viable in PvE and in fact most melee DPS builds are Druid-heavy; however it is not viable at all in PvP, in my opinion it fundamentally lacks the Shaman's Battle Charge, too important for melee players when PvP'ing.
    I actually believe that the problem lies in Shaman tree: they should bring Battle Charge down in the tree, so that players don't have to choose between it and dropping Justicar's amazing survivability.
    This would make Druid builds totally viable, even in PvP.
    Battle Charge being lower would buff everything, especially tanks. 16 in Shaman for tanking instead of 26 would be fantastic.
    They could just swap Battle Charge and Vengeance of the Frozen Earth. Done.
    Last edited by Valanceer; 06-19-2011 at 11:18 AM.

  10. #10
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valanceer View Post
    They could just swap Battle Charge and Vengeance of the Frozen Earth. Done.
    This.... ^

  11. #11
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexiousITA View Post
    I agree. Anyway, Druid is perfectly viable in PvE and in fact most melee DPS builds are Druid-heavy; however it is not viable at all in PvP, in my opinion it fundamentally lacks the Shaman's Battle Charge, too important for melee players when PvP'ing.
    I actually believe that the problem lies in Shaman tree: they should bring Battle Charge down in the tree, so that players don't have to choose between it and dropping Justicar's amazing survivability.
    This would make Druid builds totally viable, even in PvP.
    Its true that druids are viable in PVE thats because the synergy that druid gives to the shaman talents, shaman talents which are above 15 points, and each point above 15 drastically reduces the pets effectiveness.

    Basically it can reduce the pets damage by like 100 per hit per point almost.

    Which other tree has that kind of handicap?



    Quote Originally Posted by Ssly View Post
    God forbid one soul is better at pvp than another. Oh wait druids have access to three forms of cc
    Theres a major difference between one soul being better at pvp than one soul that has pvp skills but is pretty useless in group PVP.

    The cast time to sleep and its duration is not very effective in PVP unless your running away or stopping people from catching someone.

    The inability to get close in combat fast makes the melee debuffing a pain and more often than not you will die before your target does because you don't have enough damage and would have incurred damage or CC before even hitting the enemy.

    The AOE root is usefull, but mainly only for escape, because due to the immunities when in combat you rarely can root the enemy when escaping, and that is the only form of capture you have, and if that doesnt work bombard is not gonna work as well.

    Do not put this beside a mages teleport, Warriors AOE fear, undispellable -50% healing debuff, those type of CC and tools work majority of the time allowing those classes to effectively combat at close quarters for a short time.

    Sleeping 1 person does something, but very little to stop you from dying in the next moment, bombard and the AOE root suffer from immunity problems not to mention you'll most probably be dead before you can AOE root unless your sole purpose was to kamikaze root to save someone.

    Also the healing debuff is on a cooldown and dispellable, and it takes a while to even reach the target, I hardly see these abilities as something amazing or for the as something for the enemy to fear.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts