+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Updated PvE Inquisicar mini-guide - DPS/Support Cleric

Default Updated PvE Inquisicar mini-guide - DPS/Support Cleric

TLDR;
    45/11/10 - Raiding Your main source of heals is DoL, keep up improved Soul Drain.
    42/14/10 - Experts (RM) Your main source of heals is Reparation & RM

Hello. I made a short guide about Inquisicar roughly 3 months ago and it's about time I update it.
    The old guide is here
    I find it interesting that in 3 months, it is still as effective as ever. The comments on my old guide were quite funny, many said Inquisicar wasn't effective, bard does it better, build is laughable etc. And now Inquisicar is a pretty common build for most clerics.

Inquisicar
    As the name implies, Inquisicar is a combination of Inquisitor and Justicar. It is Inquisitor heavy, your damaging abilities and spells will all come from this tree. Your secondary tree will be Justicar, which with only a few points grants excellent offhealing. Keep up Salvation, Reperation, Cavalier, Armor of Awakening, Mien of Honor. Your DPS rotation is identical to pure Inquisitor.

When to use Inquisicar over 51/10/5 Inquisitor?
    The best places to use this build are in expert dungeons and raid fights that require a lot of offhealing.
    Expert dungeons are excellent for showing off how useful Inquisicar is, even though experts have been nerfed into oblivion. The combination of threat reduction and offhealing is excellent for large trash pulls.
    For example raid fights, I generally use Inquisicar on Hylas, Greenscale, and Alsbeth. If your guild is learning new content, I would also suggest using Inquisicar on fights like Oracle and Herald.
    Even in experts now, when I run with guildies who completely outgear the content, I run Inquisicar solely for the 50% threat reduction MoH gives.
    I use a pure Iniquisitor build (51/10/5) in raids when there is A) not much AoE damage on the raid and B) it is a DPS race.
    I would suggest always using Inquisitor over Inquisicar on: Infiltrator, Warmaster, and Plutonus

The starting build, 40/11/0

This is the starting point for all Inquisicar builds. You need at least 11 in Justicar to grab its core abilities, Reparation, Mien of Honor, and Doctrine of Loyalty. The 40 in Inquisitor picks up all essential DPS talents.

From here, there are many places where you can put your points. You may opt to put more points into Justicar. I would suggest no further than 14. 14 gives you Righteous mandate, which essentially doubles your reparation healing on the tank (assuming you are at full health). Going 16 for Doctrine of Righteousness is not worth it unless you are really concerned about the tank's gear or your healer's skill.

For a tertiary tree, I would suggest Sentinel. Sentinel has a spell power talent and a crit bonus talent, both of which are excellent and benefit both damage AND healing spells. You also get an effective instant heal via Healing Breath and an instant cast nuke that you can use when on the move (Life's Vengeance, just macro it to BoJ). Alternatively you can go Cabalist as your third tree, but it does not provide as much DPS as Sentinel. Warden is also an option. Warden can provide 10% bonus damage on instants and 15% bonus healing on instant heals (e.g. DoL), as well as a spammable nuke when on the move (Waterjet).

Here's a list of sample builds:
    45/11/10 - Raiding
    This is my raiding Inquisicar build-of-choice. This build provides the maximum DPS possible for an Inquisicar build while granting Doctrine of Loyalty and Mien of Honor. These two abilities are why you raid with an Inquisicar - spamming Doctrine of Loyalty during Hylas or Greenscale makes a huge difference, your raid can even forgo a healer in exchange for a DPS with an inquisicar or two in the raid.
    Your job is to keep up Improved Soul Drain, heal the raid when AoE damage goes out, and DPS when neither of those need to be taken care of.

42/14/10 - Experts (RM)
    This is identical to the Raiding build, but it removes three points from Inquisitor for the sake of Righteous Mandate. Righteous Mandate really shines in experts on large packs of enemies. Soul Drain will heal the tank of a large amount, and following it up with Circle of Oblivion will keep a steady stream of healing incoming

In either of the above builds you can substitute Cabalist or Warden in for Sentinel if they fit your play style better.

That's about it for this guide. For more information on how to gear or inquisitor rotations, go to Sokanon's excellent inquisitor raiding guide
    Hiphop - Cleric
    Nasa - Warrior
    of <Dominance>, Faemist

Plane Touched

I pull more DPS with 44/11/11 than 45/11/10....Could just be my gear setup though.

Affinity - Dayblind
    50 Cleric - Ciru
    50 Rogue - Voraz
    50 Warrior - Guerrera
    50 Mage - Jasyere

Is it possible to queue my Inq/Just as Support in the LFD? (And what do I need as a third soul to do it pls)
    My shiny carapace is cracked. I should have never left the sea. Krugon.

I'm not sure, I'm able to queue as support with 45/11/10 (10 sentinel). But I also have a Justicar spec with 21 in Shaman, it might be using that to determine that I can support, so I can't be sure D:
    Hiphop - Cleric
    Nasa - Warrior
    of <Dominance>, Faemist

Quote Originally Posted by Bobopedic View Post
    TLDR;
    I find it interesting that in 3 months, it is still as effective as ever. The comments on my old guide were quite funny, many said Inquisicar wasn't effective, bard does it better, build is laughable etc. And now Inquisicar is a pretty common build for most clerics.
    Nice guide, hopefully more will follow the thread and help tweak the build to get to it's max potential.

I noticed the same thing from the quote. For some reason the cleric forum is a lot more conservative then other forums, which is why it's behind so to speak. I can tell you from playing a rogue, that every conceivable permutation of builds has been tried, tweaked and talked to death. For some reason these cleric forums are full of people who post 'my build is best', don't experiment and just stick their head up their ***. I also see lots of misinformation and very little actual testing by players.

Soulwalker

Just a quick thought, could you include a little more about macros you use in groups and other tips for someone new to the build? Currently for dps/support in t2s I'm running Shamicar with 14 points in Inq for Soul drain, the stereotypical Duracell build.

Also, what benefits does this build offer for group dps/healing over Shamicar? Is it just the range?

Shadowlander

what I dont get is how you can say that 10sentinel adds more dps than 10cab. the reason you spec cabalist for is NOT the passive stuff, but its tyranny!

I strongly encourage you to do this test: go to xAP or whatever and test 2 things on the big pulls (trap crabs):

first try circle of oblivion on them (NO souldrain+ for the sake of testing)

on the next bunch try tyranny (bonus points for stacking decays on the last mob before them, no souldrain either)

you do that once or twice, and youll NEVER spec CoO again, because its utter garbage compared to tyranny.

I have a question does Light efficiency effect Reparation?

Telaran

The 51/10/5 build that you linked seems to be a bad link. I guess it should be like that? http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10deo.EEkigtkqz.V.V0V

I ran quite some dungeons the last days as the 45/11/10 type Inquisicar with Sentinel and I love it. You can stay ranged, you are mobile, you have amazing AoE potential and the two healing spells from Sentinel are often enough to keep the tank alive if the healer dies. You do not lose much damage potential compared to the 51 Inq raid build, but you gain SO much utility. Btw I put 2 points into contempt instead of the mana saving talent as I don't ever experience mana problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowbob View Post
    The 51/10/5 build that you linked seems to be a bad link. I guess it should be like that? http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10deo.EEkigtkqz.V.V0V

I ran quite some dungeons the last days as the 45/11/10 type Inquisicar with Sentinel and I love it. You can stay ranged, you are mobile, you have amazing AoE potential and the two healing spells from Sentinel are often enough to keep the tank alive if the healer dies. You do not lose much damage potential compared to the 51 Inq raid build, but you gain SO much utility. Btw I put 2 points into contempt instead of the mana saving talent as I don't ever experience mana problems.
    I believe this is the 51 inquisitor spec he's referring to:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00dej.EEkigtkqz.V.V0x

It's the highest dps inquisitor build - warden effects everything but BoD when it's instant. Stack SP.
    Last edited by Mayi; 06-19-2011 at 04:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mooo View Post
    what I dont get is how you can say that 10sentinel adds more dps than 10cab. the reason you spec cabalist for is NOT the passive stuff, but its tyranny!

I strongly encourage you to do this test: go to xAP or whatever and test 2 things on the big pulls (trap crabs):

first try circle of oblivion on them (NO souldrain+ for the sake of testing)

on the next bunch try tyranny (bonus points for stacking decays on the last mob before them, no souldrain either)

you do that once or twice, and youll NEVER spec CoO again, because its utter garbage compared to tyranny.
    If ur going in as hybrid, u want to be able to heal, and CoO does exactly that, with soul drain in between its enough, tyranny is very good sure but u also have to use the tarded decay to get charges. Cab for experts sure but for raidhealing u want to have senti for the 2 extra conviction spells and healing bonus (remember ur a raidhealer with decent dps, not dps with some healing). and who care about aoe dps except maybe in ros anyway.
    Last edited by Ixpha; 06-19-2011 at 05:47 AM.

Plane Touched

I would not pass up touch the light + HI. On a macro that is a life saver. Also Protect the flock is pretty much a given 5% less damage to the whole group and it will be up all the time with reparation.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...o0xx0qz.V0xxbo

Quote Originally Posted by Mogus View Post
    I would not pass up touch the light + HI. On a macro that is a life saver. Also Protect the flock is pretty much a given 5% less damage to the whole group and it will be up all the time with reparation.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...o0xx0qz.V0xxbo
    It depends on raid setup. Like in your build you're missing the 7% extra magic damage debuff.

Personally, I think it's best to usually have 1 MT healer, warden, justicar and a inquisicar. Justicar can maintain protect the flock, and multiple people casting it doesn't stack.

If the inquisicar doesn't take the soul drain debuff, someone else has to or you're gimping raid dps.
    Last edited by Mayi; 06-19-2011 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    I believe this is the 51 inquisitor spec he's referring to:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00dej.EEkigtkqz.V.V0x

It's the highest dps inquisitor build - warden effects everything but BoD when it's instant. Stack SP.
    \

my bad with the wrong link. this is indeed the spec i was referring to, 51 inq/10 sent/5 warden.
    Hiphop - Cleric
    Nasa - Warrior
    of <Dominance>, Faemist

If crit > 50% Highest DPS spec is 46/10/10 for max crit damage bonus. Extra 20% on all crits > 10% on all instants.

Crit > 50% is easy to acheive in a raiding situation.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast