+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Highest burst DPS for PVP ?

Soulwalker

Default Highest burst DPS for PVP ?

Hello boys, i'm looking for a build with good burst damage for PVP, ATM i am with 45 sham 10 sent 11 inq, which is quite good, specially when you have Rage of the North active , but i'd like to know if theres any other that can have also good burst like this one, maybe a sham/druid build?

Btw, finding a melee build with some good survability would also be great, since my build doesnt have anything to stun/fear/silence...

Ty guys

Telaran

I don't PVP a lot in Rift, but I had been thinking about doing it (I'm on a PVP server and people without PVP gear get screwed regularly) and this is what I was thinking of using:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...z.Axzzt0c.xhMo

This is my go-to melee support build for PVE and I think it'd be good for PVP too. I moved some of the physical damage increase to the Shaman damage shield and the snare vengeance, as there aren't enough points to get the battle charge. Good mana control, full powered Jolt, a decent amount of increased crit damage should lead to a very spiky "hello" to your target, and the added Satyr damage (make sure your pet's with you with careful macro control) certainly doesn't hurt. 11 points in justicar will add ludicrous survivability - I don't think you need Doctrine of Bliss as DoL heals for nearly as much and helps your allies, and you also have Balm. The main problem is, as ever, the fact that you can be kited.

Angry

Honestly, Druid tree has theoretically lots of opportunities for PvP but you can't get both the Justicar's almighty survivability AND the Battle Charge, which is absolutely necessary for a melee in my opinion.

I'm toying with the idea of a build like this:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...shk.Eu0o0x.V0x

Admittedly, it won't have highest burst DPS for PvP but it will be hard to kill, plus coming 1.3 it will also have AoE interrupt (InterdicT) available, so that you can:
    • Battle Charge
    • Interdict
    • Even Justice (to snare them, with Vengeance of the Frozen Earth)
    • Rage of the North
    • Even Justice spam for massive AoE healing and decent damage.

Telaran

Theoretically for the build I linked, you could drop the satyr, use the Greater Faerie instead (and if you want burst dps the faerie can deliver, although after the first few seconds it becomes noticeably inferior), and pop the points you save into Shaman to get Battle Charge. You'd only need to take 2 points out - probably Summon Satyr and Natural Dedication.

Something like this:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...Axzztbsoz.xhMo

If you manage to get 3 people standing on top of each other, *and* they let you cast soul drain next to them, *and* you already had 3 stacks of lurking decay, *and* obliterate was off cooldown . . .

you can hit them all for about 5k non-crit in a single GCD using a 51/14 cabalist spec.

That's a lot of "if's" though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tastum View Post
    Theoretically for the build I linked, you could drop the satyr, use the Greater Faerie instead (and if you want burst dps the faerie can deliver, although after the first few seconds it becomes noticeably inferior), and pop the points you save into Shaman to get Battle Charge. You'd only need to take 2 points out - probably Summon Satyr and Natural Dedication.

Something like this:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...Axzztbsoz.xhMo
    Uhm, yes...But that looks more like some PvE raiding build variation (with Justicar in place of another DPS soul) than anything. I don't doubt it deals more consistent damage, however it lacks some survivability (which you would get by going further into Justicar tree) and some burst damage (no Rage of the North, or even Rage of the Fae) and those are the most important things in PvP.

Anyway, I'd change a few points so that you get a CC (sleep), a silence and Doctrine of Bliss to selfheal if needed.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...yxzztbs0z.xuzo

Plane Walker

When I had 20 points in Templar, it gave the 'instant/critical' effect to any spell every 2 minutes, and I could use soul drain very effectively. Blast everyonem heal and then 10 seconds later use fanaticism/soul drain to hit them again. If I could get the second spell off, and if the enemies were kind enough to not move away, it was pretty devastating dps. But often I died before the second spell was cast, and often they moved away, so it was often just one instant/crit soul drain which is nice but not a game changer.

Now its rare I use soul drain without dying, experienced pvp players are too smart to just stand there. When I do cast it i am almost dead by the time it goes off. I use Circle of Oblivion more for aoe which is far safer but of course much less damage. Surprisingly enough people stay lumped together in lvl 50 pvp more than you might think. Then again, maybe its just because CoO's damage isnt enough to make them move, LOL.
    Eol, Chloromancer and Justinian, Inquistor, Guardians of Faeblight.
    Previous incarnations include: Camring and Camran, SWTOR; Ceol & Duri - LotRO; Eol - L2; Kili - WoW; Camring - SWG; Justinian, Camring - DAoC

Tbh, iwe tryed all of the above + 100 of otherspeccs.. being BIS pvp geared with relic oh, i found the most optimal dps specc for pvp without question 2 be 38inq/11just/rest sent... The survivability + procs are crazy. The best specc for Burst tho iwe tryed.. is Shaman inq sent... know it sounds wierd but ye.. the burst is rediculess.. +pop rage charge BOD on use pop charge massive blow = insta gibbed.. + you have 60+ crit dmg = soul drain just hits for a rediculess amount ... i Oneshot 5 people in Black garden... even made a video of it.. called shamanistic or something on yourtube... anyways

Best pvp build for 2h melee cleric dps vice = 51p druid.. The debuffs you deliver in it. makes other clerics qq when u get to them :P and your basicly invincible if u play your cards right... hate it tho... but yer go for it..

/se
    serafh: Day and night they never stop saying: "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Cit Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come."
    Quote Originally Posted by Isila View Post
    But the modern gamer, particularly the modern MMO gamer, has come to erroneously equate "requires time" with "difficult".

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by serafhin View Post
    Tbh, iwe tryed all of the above + 100 of otherspeccs.. being BIS pvp geared with relic oh, i found the most optimal dps specc for pvp without question 2 be 38inq/11just/rest sent... The survivability + procs are crazy. The best specc for Burst tho iwe tryed.. is Shaman inq sent... know it sounds wierd but ye.. the burst is rediculess.. +pop rage charge BOD on use pop charge massive blow = insta gibbed.. + you have 60+ crit dmg = soul drain just hits for a rediculess amount ... i Oneshot 5 people in Black garden... even made a video of it.. called shamanistic or something on yourtube... anyways

Best pvp build for 2h melee cleric dps vice = 51p druid.. The debuffs you deliver in it. makes other clerics qq when u get to them :P and your basicly invincible if u play your cards right... hate it tho... but yer go for it..

/se
    So the spec's pretty good in PVP? I actually have 10sham/12 sent/44 inq as a ranged support for t2 bosses where melee is nearly impossible. DPS numbers aren't as good as the melee build I posted, and Eruption of life -> Combined Effort -> Massive Blow -> Strike of the Maelstrom looked pretty good to me, but I can understand the complaints about the lack of cooldowns.

The inq build is pretty criittastic. I was getting 2500 crit instant cast BoDs on the dummy - and more importantly it's ranged. I'll have to give it a try.

Plane Touched

I use the 44/11/11 spec ( Inq, Just, Sent ) for PvP and it has been working well. If the opposing team is tankish, I go with my Shamicar spec. It it is ranger/caster heavy, I go with the Inquisicar.

Affinity - Dayblind
    50 Cleric - Ciru
    50 Rogue - Voraz
    50 Warrior - Guerrera
    50 Mage - Jasyere

+ Reply to Thread