+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mana regen nerf and the effect on raid AoE healing

Rift Disciple

Default Mana regen nerf and the effect on raid AoE healing

With all the Doom and gloom about mana regen in raids.

Has this placed the the xx-icar raid healer with its bucketful of mana regen tricks in to strong of a position for a hybrid?

In the current patch it could be argued they are already over powered, is this going to make them a step to far?

I seriously see no need for being a normal healer.
    The absurd things you can do in pve raids with endless winter from the shaman tree and 2 melee to regen abilities you never run out of mana. I seriously TRIED to run out of mana and couldnt... litterally SPAMMING the justicar raid heal.
    now that your telling me normal backline cloth healers have more mana issues now... im just gonna stay focused on this raid healing justicar shaman nonsense til they nerf it.

Quote Originally Posted by JusticarToki View Post

Has this placed the the xx-icar raid healer with its bucketful of mana regen tricks in to strong of a position for a hybrid?

In the current patch it could be argued they are already over powered, is this going to make them a step to far?
    If the change is kept its about the only healing spec that wont be OOM more than their pots are off cooldown I would imagine yes. The trouble is I dont want to play a Justicar hybrid healer.

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

Quote Originally Posted by JusticarToki View Post

Yeah, I had a guildie healing in the Justicar build. I am specced into Warden/Sent and he beat me... though I was focusing on the tank heals but I still felt I couldn't believe how much heals he pumped out basically only using 3-4 abilities.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Pokket View Post
    Yeah, I had a guildie healing in the Justicar build. I am specced into Warden/Sent and he beat me... though I was focusing on the tank heals but I still felt I couldn't believe how much heals he pumped out basically only using 3-4 abilities.
    not to mention DoL is much more mana effecient.

I definitely saw a loss in mana regen BEFORE this hit PTS, it'll be interesting to see how this plays out. Pot cd's might be enough to make it a non-issue with HK-ready gear

50 Cleric <Fires of Heaven>
    Recruitment - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf6DGgZnjWw
    0 valor PvP - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv5JtuQuqXA
    Rift PvE - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulPTfNf_k40
    Site for everything rift! www.riftjunkies.com

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    I seriously see no need for being a normal healer.
    Try doing a raid without any tank healers, and you will quickly see the need for them.

Quote Originally Posted by paspinall View Post
    If the change is kept its about the only healing spec that wont be OOM more than their pots are off cooldown I would imagine yes. The trouble is I dont want to play a Justicar hybrid healer.
    I use 51 point Purifier, and 34sent/32ward in raids quite often, and very rarely do I ever go below 90% mana, so I dont think the regen nerf is going to make that all of a sudden drop to zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokket View Post
    Tank healing will ALWAYS be at the bottom of healing charts, was that way in WoW, is now. THAT IS NOT A BAD THING. Thats why healing charts should be used with caution, as they will show what is arguably the most important and challenging healing jobs as performing the least, which is just untrue. Thats just the mechanics of the game.

+ Reply to Thread