+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for a little confirmation (Light Makes Right on DoT crits)

Telaran

Default Looking for a little confirmation (Light Makes Right on DoT crits)

Hi all,

Normally I play a melee DPS or melee support Cleric, so my itemization is very heavy on Intel/spell crit. Since I have to have a Justicar-heavy build to queue as support anyway, I was looking to turn the role I used for that into a viable T2 healer for my somewhat overgeared for T2 self like the one below. Sure it's not going to put out the most HPS, but Even Justice spam can keep a good tank up on trash without any other heals at all, purpose will let me do that all day, and Aggressive Renewal means I'll never run OOM on bosses.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...ko.E0E0b0z.Vxk

I ran over and mucked around on the dummy in Meridian, switching between the healing dummy and casting single target heals and popping a few instant light nukes (this build has four of them, plus the sentinel DoT) on the boss dummy for convictions. The numbers looked pretty decent for not being a very efficient build, as I crit a lot even without any crit buffs.

Then I noticed something - I was gaining convictions as if at random. I did a little testing, and realized I was getting them when Sanction Heretic was critting. Because of that (and Doctrine of Righteousness being just below Healing Breath on my macro) somewhat over half the heals I cast were instant. My question is, is that supposed to happen?

Telaran

To clarify, I meant when the individual ticks crit, not when the first hit happens.

Plane Touched

as far is ive noticed and read, all proccs do only proc on the first dot tick.

Sanction Heretic works like 2 spells. first spell is the dd part. second spell is the dot. so if ur lucky, u can get 4 doctines out of one Sanction Heretic, if the dd part and the first dot tick crit

Telaran

That makes a lot of sense. Definitely keeping Sanction at the top of my nuke list then, as it sounds like I am guaranteed to get at least 2 convictions out of it and am highly likely to get 3. That and it hits for a lot, which means that even though it doesn't get as much splash it'll still be comparable to bolt of Radiance and Sovereignty in healing contribution.

+ Reply to Thread