+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What are the PVP cookie cutter Inquisicar and Shamicar specs?

Rift Disciple

Default What are the PVP cookie cutter Inquisicar and Shamicar specs?

title says it all. I've seen a few rank 6 cleric posts..but none of them go into any details about these 2. I'm really interested in some sort of ideal doctrine-oriented inqui or shami types. I've experimented with my own but not quite liking it.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Straun View Post
    title says it all. I've seen a few rank 6 cleric posts..but none of them go into any details about these 2. I'm really interested in some sort of ideal doctrine-oriented inqui or shami types. I've experimented with my own but not quite liking it.
    you dont want them most R6 clerics i have seen are absolutely terrible. stick to a warden,sentinel,templar build while grinding out prestige.

Rift Disciple

I didn't ask your opinion of what i wanted. please someone with something constructive feel free to reply

Rift Disciple

still lookin for link or post about PVP inquisicar and shamicar..any1?

Shadowlander

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...Mo.VEkixtkqz.E for inquistar. a guildie of mine runs this and its pretty strong

Quote Originally Posted by Brytag View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...Mo.VEkixtkqz.E for inquistar. a guildie of mine runs this and its pretty strong
    Wouldn't you rather have Armor of Virtue rather then Hammer of Virtue considering 99% of your damage is going going to be magical ranged attacks?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...x.yxkbxxzqz.xx

My build as a rank 6 cleric.
    also allows me to ranged tank magical bosses in pve

but sereiously, IMO the -15% chance to BE crit is mandatory and the justicar -15% damage taken is also very highly advised.

I like inquisitor because of the ability to place 1 dot on everyone in eye sight, to give yourself constant stream of heal tics. and dispite you dealing damage you can still let loose with a raid heal when necessary.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post

but sereiously, IMO the -15% chance to BE crit is mandatory and the justicar -15% damage taken is also very highly advised.

I like inquisitor because of the ability to place 1 dot on everyone in eye sight, to give yourself constant stream of heal tics. and dispite you dealing damage you can still let loose with a raid heal when necessary.
    Wouldn't you rather have Armor of Virtue rather then Hammer of Virtue considering 99% of your damage is going going to be magical ranged attacks?
    Doesn't seem like you will be in melee range enough for the points to matter.

Telaran

Check out Bishop's pvp video while you're at it. He'll also teach you how to keyboard turn with a ton of back peddling as well as how to click all of your abilities. R6 means he must know what he is doing right? LMFAO

This build seems a bit gimped to me. 5% less magic damage isn't that much and the 15% less chance to be critted is maybe 5% in actuality. You would be better off sticking the 10 points into sentinel for more spell damage, more crit damage, and another instant cast heal for when you're out of convictions.

Are you actually using a shield too? That gimps your damage even more.

Personally I just go with the glass cannon approach and use the cookie cutter 51-point Inquisitor build. Learn to stay at max range, use your 2 knock-backs, and use your sentinel heal and warden HoTs to stay topped off. With this build I can burst most people down before they even get to me, and I can kill marksmen faster than they can kill me. Nysyr's Rebuke is also a powerful tool that most people tend to overlook.
    Last edited by kidbs; 07-05-2011 at 10:26 AM.

+ Reply to Thread