+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help building / playing Inquisicar

Telaran

Default Need help building / playing Inquisicar

Hello!

I'm quite new to RIFT and my English isn't very good, I hope you can still help me.

I'm level 47 now and I leveled questing as a 44 Inq (rest Warden and Sentinel), which I like very much. I also played loads of dungeons, where I'm hitting 51 points in Warden at lvl 50.

I often played tank also, especially in dungeons for which I was a bit overgeared. With my Tank Role, I was able to queue as Support also.

Of course a 40+ Justicar is not really a support to the group, so I do not queue as support any more. But today I bought my 4th role and I'm trying to find a good "Inquisicar" build. I have seen lots of posts talking about their usefulness, but I could not find a good build suggestion.

I don't want to spend more than 11 points in Justicar. I want lots of points in Inq, just because I already know how to play it. What would be the 3rd soul to chose? I don't really want the direct healing spells that come with sentinel. Should I take Cabalist to boost DPS some more?

This would be my suggestion for the first 54 points to spend: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00rd_.VhMo.EEoVxx0qz

What spell rotation would I use as Inquisicar?

Thank you very much for any help.
    Last edited by Lowbob; 06-17-2011 at 08:59 AM. Reason: added talent tree

Ascendant

It all depends but a "typical" support/OH's build would use Sentinel. Something along the lines of http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...0q.VhMo.i0x0fo

If you really want 43 in Inq, then you could just do http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...EoVxx0qz.V0x0M
    Last edited by mattya802; 06-17-2011 at 09:14 AM.
    Hitme (W) - Byriel - Dark Horizon
    Darane (C) - Faeblight - Knights of Septoria

Telaran

Telaran

I don't really want a healing soul in my support spec. Can I go with about 10p in cabalist?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Lowbob View Post
    I don't really want a healing soul in my support spec. Can I go with about 10p in cabalist?
    Why not? The cabalist soul is garbage (in my opinion) in every aspect. Not worth having, almost any other soul can provide more support, but sentinel is definitely the best for the build.

Plane Walker

I guess I dont understand, if you dont want a healing soul, why have justicar? Thats pretty much all that 11 points of justicar will do is heal.

I am currently playing a PvE spec of 44I/12J/10S.

One of the long time great Inq specs is 51I/10S/5W. Some people put 10 in Cabalist but then you cant get the additional 20% crit bonus from Sent, although your base damage will be higher (your self healing ability will be much worse without sentinel). 5 points in Warden gives you the 10% bonus on instant spells which is nice for a 51 Inq's vex and SH as well as the Justicar instant... and of course the sentinel instants if you go for sentinel. I view 51I/10S/5W as more of a solo/dps spec and 44I/12J/10S as more of a dps/group heal hybrid spec.
    Eol, Chloromancer and Justinian, Inquistor, Guardians of Faeblight.
    Previous incarnations include: Camring and Camran, SWTOR; Ceol & Duri - LotRO; Eol - L2; Kili - WoW; Camring - SWG; Justinian, Camring - DAoC

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ceol View Post
    I guess I dont understand, if you dont want a healing soul, why have justicar? Thats pretty much all that 11 points of justicar will do is heal.
    Yah, not getting that either. That's a support roles job. But, like I said, it all depends on what you really want. If the group you run with doesn't require that amount of OH's then throw the extra points in Cab I guess for the passives although the Sent passives are probably better and CAN provide healing if need be. Meh.
    Last edited by mattya802; 06-17-2011 at 11:20 AM.
    Hitme (W) - Byriel - Dark Horizon
    Darane (C) - Faeblight - Knights of Septoria

Rift Disciple

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...xkdxx0o.E0x00o

i like this build, works well in pvp and pve, it's a really swell general purpose build. you can do everything pretty well with it.

Telaran

I tested out some builds since I opened the thread. The 45Inq 11Just 10Sent works best for me. I agree the two direct heals from Sentinel really boost your oppotunities to support the group and the DPS is still very nice. Thanks for all your advices.
    Last edited by Lowbob; 06-19-2011 at 04:11 AM.

+ Reply to Thread