+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: inquisicar spec

Rift Chaser

Default inquisicar spec

i fail at searching and can't find the post with the spec for the build. someone mind posting it.

Soulwalker

it is interesting that with all the discussion you can find searching on "Inquisicar", none seem to have a build...

Rift Disciple

45/11/10. And variations around that.
    You're welcome.

Soulwalker

@ Tinu; that might be the least helpful response anyone has ever given, for anything :P and you expect and require gratitude?

@ OP; there are two ways to go for an Inquisicar, either split more or less even between the two, or heavy into Justicar with at least 14 in Inquisitor for Soul Drain.

Here is an example of an even split, which is very useful for PvP and soloing as it gives you a lot of damage and survivability.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...ckRR.VxoiMxzqz

Here is an example of going Heavy into Justicar, with just enough in Inquisitor for Soul Drain, for insane survive.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00rdG.vuMsoeekRR.Vtob

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Tinu View Post
    45/11/10. And variations around that.
    This is the correct answer.

Personally I use 42/14/10 Inquisitor/Justicar/Sentinel so that I have Righteous Mandate available. In general I would say 45/11/10 is better for raid sized groups while 42/14/10 is more useful for 5 man content where the main healer may want some backup.

Inquisicar spec is used for solo play (AoE grind/quests/rifts) and also offers large amounts of instant cast AoE healing with a moderate amount of single target ranged dps for group play. The AoE dps is also fairly strong. The main macros to use are Fanaticism with Soul Drain and a 'stopcasting' macro with Doctrine of Loyalty so you don't have to manually cancel your current Bolt of Judgment when you want to heal.

Aggressive renewal keeps your mana up quite well.

The main reason for taking Sentinel is for Walk in the Light's 20% crit bonus.

You might also explore a build that forgoes Life and Death Concord and uses Bolt of Depravity over Bolt of Judgment. However, the 3 second cast time is painful on fights which require movement.

Most spec around the 44 Inquis / 11 Justicar / 11 Sentinel or 45/11/10 versions of it.

For a slightly higher heals spec and IMO not giving up much dps at all, there's also the 38/16/12 version.

This gives you Righteous Mandate for the tank as well as Doctrine of Righteousness. It also gives you another AE heal in Healing Communion.

I find I prefer Shards of Light to Bolt of Judgment as my primary nuke. Between SoL, Sanction Heretic, Vex, Life's Vengeance, Bolt of Radiance and a proc'd Bolt of Depravity, I've always got *something* single-target available to cast in any given moment. I don't take Harsh Discipline becuz I can heal myself better with a Doctrine of Bliss or a nice Soul Drain than I can with that channel.

I don't know how well it does in Experts, but I've been able to take over for a dead MH on the final bosses in AP and CC at level 48 with the amount of healing this build puts out, while maintaining what seemed (no parser, so just felt) like decent dps while doing it.

"Inquisicar spec is used for solo play (AoE grind/quests/rifts) and also offers large amounts of instant cast AoE healing with a moderate amount of single target ranged dps for group play. The AoE dps is also fairly strong. The main macros to use are Fanaticism with Soul Drain and a 'stopcasting' macro with Doctrine of Loyalty so you don't have to manually cancel your current Bolt of Judgment when you want to heal. "

^this being the 42/14 you just linked?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by fftide04 View Post
    ^this being the 42/14 you just linked?
    Yes, though there are small variations like including Doctrine of Righteousness, Harsh Discipline, or Shards of Light.

Solo play revolves around gathering 4-5 mobs with Vex and then cleaning them up en-masse with Soul Drain and Circle of Oblivion.

In groups against single targets you'll keep Vex + Sanction Heretic running while using your spells of choice, usually Bolt of Judgment and Bolt of Depravity, though Shards of Light and Harsh Discipline are good choices while Bolt of Depravity is on cooldown. In most cases there's no need to cast Spiritual Deficiency because some other debuff will overwrite it. In raids you may be better off standing in melee range and casting Soul Drain (even on a single target) to keep the debuff up.

AoE damage in groups is somewhat tricky because if you start off with Fanaticism + Soul Drain right away you'll pull aggro, even with the -50% threat from Mien of Honor. You'll also want to let the tank pick up the targets before spamming the Tab key -> Vex (while you run into melee range) so you keep the mobs grouped. From there you can alternate Soul Drain and Circle of Oblivion, switching to Tab key -> Vex if you pull aggro.

For equipment, you greatly benefit from trinkets and planar essences that proc on heals. Sacred Heirloom of Eth, Crystal Vine, and Frozen Deep One Tear are very popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabook View Post
    Yes, though there are small variations like including Doctrine of Righteousness, Harsh Discipline, or Shards of Light.

Solo play revolves around gathering 4-5 mobs with Vex and then cleaning them up en-masse with Soul Drain and Circle of Oblivion.

In groups against single targets you'll keep Vex + Sanction Heretic running while using your spells of choice, usually Bolt of Judgment and Bolt of Depravity, though Shards of Light and Harsh Discipline are good choices while Bolt of Depravity is on cooldown. In most cases there's no need to cast Spiritual Deficiency because some other debuff will overwrite it. In raids you may be better off standing in melee range and casting Soul Drain (even on a single target) to keep the debuff up.

AoE damage in groups is somewhat tricky because if you start off with Fanaticism + Soul Drain right away you'll pull aggro, even with the -50% threat from Mien of Honor. You'll also want to let the tank pick up the targets before spamming the Tab key -> Vex (while you run into melee range) so you keep the mobs grouped. From there you can alternate Soul Drain and Circle of Oblivion, switching to Tab key -> Vex if you pull aggro.

For equipment, you greatly benefit from trinkets and planar essences that proc on heals. Sacred Heirloom of Eth, Crystal Vine, and Frozen Deep One Tear are very popular.
    SO helpful! Thank you!

I have been running a 26 Inq/22 Justi/18 Sent while not able to put out as much DPS as the heavier inquisitor specs it brings lots of utility to groups in the form of big insta heals, purges, curse cleanses, and silience. It also provides some very descent AE heals for raids. This build never runs into issues building up convictions. I have ran this build in many xpert dungeons and during more then one occasion I was able to pick up heals in the event that the MH goes down and still win the encounter. I prefere this build as more of a support role.

There are many options to go for the Inquisicar as long as you have at least 11 points in Justicar for Reparation and maybe even go 14 in for Righteous Mandate so you can push the over heals landing on you from salvation onto the target of your Righteous Mandate. With 16 points in Justicar you can drop Doctrine of Righteousness onto the target of your Righteous Mandate for a respectable single target heal.

On the Inquisitor side you want to go in at least as far as 14 points to pick up Soul Drain for the AE (which splashes a very nice Volley of Heals) and Aggressive Renewal to help out with mana regen.

Sentinel is fairly optional but the 5 points in Watchful Gaze is very nice for the additional 5% SP plus you get the added bonus of Healing Breathe for a quick heal every 8 seconds.

The rest I would tailor towards your play style if you like to have more dps go heavy Inquisitor, if you prefer more utility and back up healing go a little heavier into Sentinel.
    "Overall we want the various callings to be competitive with each other in their comparative roles. There isnít a mandate that Rogues do more damage than Warriors or that Mages be the best ranged damage in the game. Ideally we would like to see players with equivalent skill, gear, planar attunement, buffs etc be equally effective at damage, tanking or healing." - Kervik

Plane Touched

I went with this build:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...Exkixtkqz.yoxz

I did it this way because I wanted to focus primarily on damage dealing but also have a bit of active healing ability. I also really wanted a cleanse for PvP so that's why I went 16 into Sentinel and only 6 in Justi.

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    I went with this build:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...Exkixtkqz.yoxz

I did it this way because I wanted to focus primarily on damage dealing but also have a bit of active healing ability. I also really wanted a cleanse for PvP so that's why I went 16 into Sentinel and only 6 in Justi.
    I am not trying to slam you or anything, but what are really gaining from 6 points in Justicar? Is it just for Doctrine of Bliss and the hit or miss heal from salvation? Really with something like that you may as well move 1 point into healing invocation and macro that with touch the light and you have a very respectable instant heal every 45 seconds and can fill in with healing breathe as needed. then maybe dump the other 5 points into cabalist for 5% more spell power or into wardens destructive tide which will give you 10% more damage for all your instant cast abilities (banish, water jet, vex and sanction heretic and possibly a procced BoD) as well as a second KB in the form of crushing wave, and a fairly impressive instant cast spam DD from Water jet.

So it would look something like this:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...kixtkqz.yoxz0o

In fact I think I have been inspired may have to try this myself tonight with warden in place of justicar.
    "Overall we want the various callings to be competitive with each other in their comparative roles. There isnít a mandate that Rogues do more damage than Warriors or that Mages be the best ranged damage in the game. Ideally we would like to see players with equivalent skill, gear, planar attunement, buffs etc be equally effective at damage, tanking or healing." - Kervik

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by kliknik View Post
    I am not trying to slam you or anything, but what are really gaining from 6 points in Justicar? Is it just for Doctrine of Bliss and the hit or miss heal from salvation?
    Actually I wanted Doctrine of Bliss and Doctrine of Loyalty so I can toss out some AE heals to help the team from time to time.

then maybe dump the other 5 points into cabalist for 5% more spell power or into wardens destructive tide which will give you 10% more damage for all your instant cast abilities (banish, water jet, vex and sanction heretic and possibly a procced BoD) as well as a second KB in the form of crushing wave, and a fairly impressive instant cast spam DD from Water jet.
    The warden idea is a good one that I hadn't thought of. I will have to try that out. My goal was basically to have a very mobile ranged nuker that can heal a little bit. Warden would probably make it even more mobile and I was already pleased with the mobility

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    Actually I wanted Doctrine of Bliss and Doctrine of Loyalty so I can toss out some AE heals to help the team from time to time.
    In liu of Dotrine of Bliss/loyality you could not only macro Touch the Light to Healing Invocation, but to Healing Communion as well in the build i linked above. If you could shave maybe 3 points off of Inquisitor maybe from Bewilder, Harsh Discipline, and Lethargy and move those to warden you would then be able to pick up Tidal Surge and then macro that in conjunction with Touch the Light, and then make a second macro with Tidal Surge, Touch the Light and Healing Communion, you would then have a huge AE or single target instant heal every 45 seconds. iirc mine heals for around 3-4k or so with Healing Invocation and I cant recall what I am doing for instant Healing Communion thats with about 900ish SP.

The standard Senticar/Inquisacar builds are great for healing on the move also, you use your instant casts to proc off reparation heals which in turn splash to the group.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by kliknik View Post
    In liu of Dotrine of Bliss/loyality you could not only macro Touch the Light to Healing Invocation, but to Healing Communion as well in the build i linked above. If you could shave maybe 3 points off of Inquisitor maybe from Bewilder, Harsh Discipline, and Lethargy and move those to warden you would then be able to pick up Tidal Surge and then macro that in conjunction with Touch the Light, and then make a second macro with Tidal Surge, Touch the Light and Healing Communion, you would then have a huge AE or single target instant heal every 45 seconds. iirc mine heals for around 3-4k or so with Healing Invocation and I cant recall what I am doing for instant Healing Communion thats with about 900ish SP.

The standard Senticar/Inquisacar builds are great for healing on the move also, you use your instant casts to proc off reparation heals which in turn splash to the group.
    I tried running the warden variant for a few games....hated it. I dropped down to 40 in Inquisitor and the difference in burst was noticeable. Losing the Doctrines in favor of the HoTs wasn't good either. With Bliss and Healing Breath I can keep myself alive for quite awhile. I have so many instant life nukes that I almost always have 4 convictions. With the warden spec it was much easier to burst me down.

Now I am only lev 47 so I didn't have Touch the Light yet. That may make a difference and I will try this spec again at 50. At 47 though, it's not that good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast