+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Senticars still out there??

Default Senticars still out there??

I recently got back to playing my cleric and remembered partying with a cleric that was mostly melée but was our healer, he said he was a "Senticar". I always thought that looked fin but that was a month or so ago. Is this spec still working? I found http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...y-Raid-Healing but as you can see it's from march. I also found http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...qz.V0E0bo.VhMo and was wondering if this "shamicar" is where senticar has ended up and as such is the route to go. Any suggestions are appreciated!

shamnicar,inquisicar and senticar is all viable specs being used atm for raidhealing, tho personally i dont like shamnicar, because sure it does decent dmg but it has the least "support" of those 3 and the least hps from personal experience because u have so many skills with shaman that doesnt give conviction+does alot less aoe healing on dmg, i just dont see the point in going mediocre in both healing and dmg.

Senticar offers the most support but does crap dmg and it's also a viable T2 healer spec.

Inquisicar is somewhat in between depending on how u spend ur points and what 3rd soul u pick.
    Last edited by Ixpha; 06-17-2011 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixpha View Post
    shamnicar,inquisicar and senticar is all viable specs being used atm for raidhealing, tho personally i dont like shamnicar, because sure it does decent dmg but it has the least "support" of those 3 and the least hps from personal experience because u have so many skills with shaman that doesnt give conviction+does alot less aoe healing on dmg, i just dont see the point in going mediocre in both healing and dmg.

Senticar offers the most support but does crap dmg and it's also a viable T2 healer spec.

Inquisicar is somewhat in between depending on how u spend ur points and what 3rd soul u pick.
    Since I originally posted this I've read 3-4 long posts about inquisicar, shamicar and some on senticar. Seems most favor some variety of inquisicar, as sham seems to have mobility issues and less healing whilst having more single target dps. Still then some people insist can get upward of 900 single target dps. Unless I find a late night guild I'll be doing dungeons forever so I'm kinda looking for something useful for 5 mans; so....

Senticar?

Rift Disciple

Senticar is great for 5 mans for those certain fights where it helps to have the support, like the last bosses of AB, CC or DD.

They can also be a main healer, if you're good at it, and get away with being a Senticar.

However, if you're looking for a class to play on every fight while someone else main heals, the Senticar isn't it. In most fights it just doesn't bring enough dps and the support it does bring isn't that worthwhile except for those few fights.

Telaran

It's all about justifier for aoe healing http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...VuMR.Egz0hxdoz

I've seen hints of this here and there but what buttons/macros if there are any(macros) am I wanting to be main heals for 5 mans?

Rift Disciple

I pump out 1400HPS on Alsbeth and GS every week, Senticar's lack of DPS is justified.
    GM of <Outnumbered>
    GSB 5/5
    ROS 4/4
    GP 4/4
    Numbered.enjin.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lundeus View Post
    I pump out 1400HPS on Alsbeth and GS every week, Senticar's lack of DPS is justified.
    Yeah, AOE hps-- Which you could get from a decent sent/warden build or Shamdricar as well.

Question is, is it worth the drop of SP for Focus to maintain that build?
    "It's sad something so well written was wasted on a forum post..." - Gilmador

Solo healing as a Senticar is completely viable. I do it right now myself. Most trash pulls, I can get away with just Even Justice spam to keep the party alive.

There are some fights where I will switch back to a more traditional heal spec though, but for the most part, Senticar works just fine AND it adds dps.

Senticar is very similar to Chloro in the sense that keeping the Party up is no trouble at all, you deal some ok dps in the process, and you have a few tools like Cleanses, Battle Rezes, and Oh Snap buttons to do your job as a Healer. Senticar DOES NOT deal with Spike Tank damage very well since it lacks a Huge Spike Heal recovery tool (best you can do is pop a Cooldown and spam heal really). But if the tank has pretty good mitigation, Reparation alone can almost take care of keeping him up in most trash pulls while Reparation and a Few spot heals from Instant Casts of Doc of Loyalty and Healing Breath take care of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Refried View Post
    Yeah, AOE hps-- Which you could get from a decent sent/warden build or Shamdricar as well.

Question is, is it worth the drop of SP for Focus to maintain that build?
    And yes, the amount of utility the Senticar adds is tremendous.

You deal some dps for starters, which is a bonus. Even if it's not a lot, you still deal damage, which most dedicated healers do not do.

You have an AoE Cleanse, you have 2 Battle Rezzes, you have one of the cheapest AoE Heals in the game, plus the passivity of your Reparation, you have the ability to switch into Tank heal clutch mode with 3 very useful cooldowns in a pinch, you can build convictions at both melee and range.

No other healer really offers as much support to a Raid or Party as a Senticar does.

The downside is that you have SO MANY tools, it can get a little overwhelming and you may tunnel in on a specific set of tools and forget about the others. It takes a lot of awareness to play a Senticar to the most effectively that it can be.

Soulwalker

Exclamation

Senticars still work but they are very difficult to balance as you are both DPSing, passive healing and active healing while balancing both Mana and Convictions.

They tend to be seen as a nooby spec for when you are just learning because there biggest drawing card is the ability to Double Battle Rez.

But if you think you can handle it go ahead they are still amazing once you get the hang of it, not as good as they were though.

Iggy

+ Reply to Thread