+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleric leveling spec? (Beginner)

Soulwalker

Default Cleric leveling spec? (Beginner)

Hey,

So I'm new to Rift, been playing alot of WoW and other mmorpgs so I tought why not try out Rift?
    I'm thinking of starting a Cleric as my first character but I don't have much experience about them so I ask you people on this forum.

I need a good leveling spec with a pet, tought of leveling with quests not so much dungeons, also if some1 could just tell me some basic info about a cleric? What roll does the cleric have when it comes to dungeons/raids and what is the most enjoyable spec? I'm probably going for dps...

~Snugles

Soulwalker

Hi Snugles,

I cant address all of your questions as I am mostly a beginner myself. Originally I started leveling as justicar/shaman/druid but tossed that spec after about 15 levels. Why? The druid spec brought only the minor heals of the faire pet which was vastly outweighed by the number of times that it dragged unwanted adds into a fight. Once I had my first 10 points in justicar, I was pretty hard to kill but it did take a while to kill things. I have since tossed that spec and am using justicar/shamman/warden. The reason I chose warden as my third soul (and put off points into it) is so that I can not only self heal but can help heal the random invasion groups without actually purchasing a second role. I havent taken this spec past 15 (only rerolled yesterday) but am having as much fun and felt moderately useful during an invasion event last night.

Kohle

Hey there, I am still a newbie myself (32 atm) but I can give my opinion on leveling specs that I have tried.

At first I would suggest either Inqisitor/Justicar or a druid/shaman spec for the first ~30ish levels. You want good dps and some ok self healing to get things going. After 30 I highly recommend the Duracell spec found here. It is really a phenomenal spec.

I did Druid/Shaman/Warden as my leveling spec up to 30 and it served me well, mobs would just die lol, AOE was doable but not as good as the Duracell spec above. The thread where I got that specs info can be found here.

I hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Bullvinne View Post
    Hey there, I am still a newbie myself (32 atm) but I can give my opinion on leveling specs that I have tried.

At first I would suggest either Inqisitor/Justicar or a druid/shaman spec for the first ~30ish levels. You want good dps and some ok self healing to get things going. After 30 I highly recommend the Duracell spec found here. It is really a phenomenal spec.

I did Druid/Shaman/Warden as my leveling spec up to 30 and it served me well, mobs would just die lol, AOE was doable but not as good as the Duracell spec above. The thread where I got that specs info can be found here.

I hope that helps!
    Pretty solid advice here.

I levelled with Justicar/Inquisitor.

It is not a huge DPS build.

The way it works is you round up a bunch of mobs, and tank them all yourself, using AoE to burn them down.

It is a very efficient way of grinding.

Your single target DPS won't be the greatest, but you will be a grinding machine. YOu will be self healign and have plenty of mana regeneration ability.

You will want to build to at least 20 in Justicar (for -15% damage passive), and at least 14 in Inquisitor (for Soul Drain, one of the heaviest hitting AoE's in the game).

The rest is really a matter of your personal style.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

Telaran

Default Loving my Cleric

I'm also new to Cleric. Only been playing it for 2 days. I'm at lvl 21 now. Been playing my mage prior. My mage is lvl 50 rank 5, so I thought I needed a little change.

Anyhow, I'm loving the combo Inquistor/Sentinel/Purifier. Most of the points go to Inquistor and Sentinel. I put 0 points for Purifier as I only want the shield, which is the bomb diggitty I must say.

I can't recall the exact points distribution to share with you right now because the server is down and I can't remember. I will later.

Quote Originally Posted by Vihar View Post
    Pretty solid advice here.

Ty, I did a ton of research into leveling builds so I hoped I could reduce the headache for the OP.

As a side note, definatly read the full thread about those specs and the macros are life savers!

Anything with a healing tree stuck on the end will work just fine

Shadowlander

I don't get something about this game.
    Someone please answer cause I'm trying my best to figure it out.

Can I re-roll? Lets say, I started of being X/Y/Z spec. Do I have to create a character from scratch to make it A/B/C or can I reroll my first one, to the second one.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Snugles View Post
    Hey,

So I'm new to Rift, been playing alot of WoW and other mmorpgs so I tought why not try out Rift?
    I'm thinking of starting a Cleric as my first character but I don't have much experience about them so I ask you people on this forum.

I need a good leveling spec with a pet, tought of leveling with quests not so much dungeons, also if some1 could just tell me some basic info about a cleric? What roll does the cleric have when it comes to dungeons/raids and what is the most enjoyable spec? I'm probably going for dps...

~Snugles
    I have enjoyed leveling as an Inquisitor. Inquisitor/Purifier/Cabalist is a good leveling spec.

There are a lot of innovative builds out there with good synergy. If you simply caannot figure it out:

Choose one dps soul (sham/inq)
    add Justicar (at least 10 points, 11 heals your friends too)
    add a healing soul (sent, warden, puri) and put 0 points in it

Heavier Justicar builds are even better at soloing elites or running in and AoEing packs of mobs where you need to take a hit or two before the heals kick in.

Quote Originally Posted by Canz View Post
    I don't get something about this game.
    Someone please answer cause I'm trying my best to figure it out.

Can I re-roll? Lets say, I started of being X/Y/Z spec. Do I have to create a character from scratch to make it A/B/C or can I reroll my first one, to the second one.

Thanks!
    No.

You can have up to 5 different specs on 1 toon and switch between them pretty much at will.

You have to buy the additional slots for other secs with in game $$.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Vihar View Post
    No.

You can have up to 5 different specs on 1 toon and switch between them pretty much at will.

You have to buy the additional slots for other secs with in game $$.
    Thanks tons mate.

How do I do that? (I don't wanna highjack the thread, just new to the game and need some help)

You can purchase new roles from class trainers. To fully leverage you'll want to do the quests to obtain all the cleric souls; these quests are available in your faction's major city.

As far as spec goes I've been loving inq/sent/warden - fanaticism + soul drain is sick.
    Last edited by Walsingham; Today at 04:17PM.Reason: Rad quote fix.

Soulwalker

Default Cleric

Canz: You do not have to create a new character. To re-roll go to your calling trainer and have them reset your souls for a small fee. You can then put the points you have into whatever soul that you want, so long as you have done the quest to obtain that soul.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Canz View Post
    Thanks tons mate.

How do I do that? (I don't wanna highjack the thread, just new to the game and need some help)
    At level 13 several npcs will offer you a quest to unlock other souls, so if you started for example as Inquisitor, Justicar, Warden, you can now unlock the other 5, you do this one soul a time, get the quest, go close a rift, click on the item the quest giver handed you and kill the mob that spawns, hand in the quest, rinse and repeat for the remaining souls. To do this you need only your first "Role"

You can always reset a "role" and pick 3 new souls, when you have all 8 of them you can do any combination you like. To get other roles you have to purchase them, think of them as saved configurations you may want to use: as a cleric many have a dps role, a healing role, a tanking role and a levelling/grinding role, plus eventually a 5th (which is very expensive). The first role is free, you get it when you start the game, the 2nd is 30 golds, the 3rd is 2 plat and some change, then 4th is 21 plat, the 5th is 100 plat.

To level I found that Inquisitor/Justicar/Shaman is probably your best choice, with points in shaman spent last.

At level 20 it could be like this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00rdn.xuMo.Vxkb

At level 30: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00rdn.xuMo.Vxkb.Vxzb

At level 40: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...Vxkb.Vxzxt0s0z

And finally at 50: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...Vxkb.Vxzxt0shk

At 50 you can keep this build for grinding or doing dailies and also dps/support in dungeons.

+ Reply to Thread