+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Single Target Raid DPS

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    17

    Default Single Target Raid DPS

    Hello all,

    I am wondering if we can discuss the best single target dps build available to clerics. I run an Inquis/Cabal/Sent build that does pretty good ranged dps. The problem is, in boss fights that are strictly single target, my dps drops ALOT.

    I was raiding GSB and on the first boss(with all the fairys) i topped our dps. But on the second boss, the one with the bombs and pillars, my dps fell by 400!!! I know there is movement in this fight and what have ya....but I need a good single target dps spec.

    I have been eyeing this druid(31)shammy(24)Inquis(11) spec being posted. I havent done much melee as a cleric, but I'm willing to do whatever i need to do.

    Please post your thoughts and specs Thx!!

  2. #2
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    587

    Default

    the spec:

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00....VVMVhoqcz.Vxz

    the rotation:

    #show Fervent Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Combined Effort
    cast Lightning Hammer
    cast Eruption of Life
    cast Bombard
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Massive Blow
    cast Fervent Strike
    cast Vex
    petcast Enraged Assault
    petcast Satyr Sweep
    cast Jolt
    cast Fated Blow
    cast Fae Hammer
    cast Glory of the Chosen

    can add rage of the fae if you want...those that want to do optimal dps would manually weave vex when everything above massive blow is on cooldown...

    also have an aoe spec thats basically the same as this..take 3 points out of lust for blood and into inquis for soul drain...

    macro for aoe:

    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Combined Effort
    cast Soul Drain
    cast Avalanche Strike
    petcast Satyr Sweep
    petcast Enraged Assault
    cast Jolt
    cast Glory of the Chosen
    cast Fated Blow
    cast Ageless Ice
    Last edited by Sarrom; 06-17-2011 at 04:18 AM.

  3. #3
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    638

    Default almost

    That build doesn't get soul drain. Requires 14 points Inq. Its a pure single target build, avalanche strike (and the druid equivalent) are the only AoE's you have. Also, if you want a small amount more damage, move the points in heed the call to spirit of the wood. Some people move the rage of the fae points too. But it won't make much difference, its more a matter of preference since you won't often cast fervent strike.

    We need this build stickied so people stop asking over and over.

  4. #4
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valdis43 View Post
    That build doesn't get soul drain. Requires 14 points Inq. Its a pure single target build, avalanche strike (and the druid equivalent) are the only AoE's you have. Also, if you want a small amount more damage, move the points in heed the call to spirit of the wood. Some people move the rage of the fae points too. But it won't make much difference, its more a matter of preference since you won't often cast fervent strike.

    We need this build stickied so people stop asking over and over.
    you didnt bother to read my whole post..i said i also have an aoe spec where you take out 3 points in lust for blood and into inquis for 14 point soul drain...

  5. #5
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    638

    Default Ah

    Oops, yeah missed that. Although if you're going AoE, you'll do more damage going for corporal punishment and clinging spirit in Inq and using Soul drain+tyranny from cabalist.

  6. #6
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    33

    Default

    #show Fervent Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Combined Effort
    cast Lightning Hammer
    cast Eruption of Life
    cast Bombard
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Massive Blow
    cast Fervent Strike
    cast Vex
    petcast Enraged Assault
    petcast Satyr Sweep
    cast Jolt
    cast Fated Blow
    cast Fae Hammer
    cast Glory of the Chosen
    I tried this macro today using the build suggested and I found that Vex isn't cast at all in the macro and taking it out and using it manually actually reduces my dps by about 40 points.

  7. #7
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Siborg View Post
    I tried this macro today using the build suggested and I found that Vex isn't cast at all in the macro and taking it out and using it manually actually reduces my dps by about 40 points.
    It's build to only cast vex when you're at range, as a "when all else fails" kind of thing.

  8. #8
    Telaran Relinquish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    69

    Default

    You can remove fervent strike altogether and replace it with Vex in the macro if you so choose. It'll never overwrite itself unless you move out of range and it nets you a slight gain in dps (only ~10 or so if you had 2 points in spirit of the wood. without, it's more over time)
    Last edited by Relinquish; 06-17-2011 at 10:08 AM.

  9. #9
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valdis43 View Post
    Oops, yeah missed that. Although if you're going AoE, you'll do more damage going for corporal punishment and clinging spirit in Inq and using Soul drain+tyranny from cabalist.
    31dru/21/sham/14inquis is for fights that have a bit of both aoe and single target..this is my spec for fights like herald and alsbeth...I use this spec for trash too but it may not be optimal for that..

  10. #10
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarrom View Post
    the spec:

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00....VVMVhoqcz.Vxz

    the rotation:

    #show Fervent Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Combined Effort
    cast Lightning Hammer
    cast Eruption of Life
    cast Bombard
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Massive Blow
    cast Fervent Strike
    cast Vex
    petcast Enraged Assault
    petcast Satyr Sweep
    cast Jolt
    cast Fated Blow
    cast Fae Hammer
    cast Glory of the Chosen
    OH GOD IT HURTS TO LOOK AT THAT MACRO IT'S SO BAD.

    You're losing.. so much damage... aughh *starts melting from bad macro setup*


    But on a serious non-mean note your macro is really bad because it's casting things in the wrong order.

    Jolt, Glory of the Chosen, and Fated blow are all NoGCD damage abilities that in your macro you aren't casting until the end of the macro and all the other abilities are on cooldown which is never. When in reality they should be on top because they can't hamper your macro because they don't invoke the global cooldown at all. That's probably 300 dps down the drain.

    Same for petcast, you're not casting it, your pet is. You should put it first because it's going to happen more frequently at no cost to you. Probably another 50 dps there.

    Last of all if your rotation is anything like mine, you're going to get to the last ability on the list once every 12-14 seconds, meaning you can put Vex there which does a ton of damage in comparison to feverent strike and it will regulate itself.

    Ideally it should look something like this, where i get 1400+ DPS on warmaster with the same macro.

    Code:
    #show Fervent Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    petcast Enraged Assault
    petcast Satyr Sweep
    cast Jolt
    cast Fated Blow
    cast Glory of the Chosen
    cast Combined Effort
    cast Eruption of Life
    cast Lightning Hammer
    cast Bombard
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Massive Blow
    cast Vex
    Kama, Cleric of Briarcliff

    Melee Chloromancer 2.0 <Shaman Justicar>

  11. #11
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kama Toki View Post
    OH GOD IT HURTS TO LOOK AT THAT MACRO IT'S SO BAD.

    You're losing.. so much damage... aughh *starts melting from bad macro setup*


    But on a serious non-mean note your macro is really bad because it's casting things in the wrong order.

    Jolt, Glory of the Chosen, and Fated blow are all NoGCD damage abilities that in your macro you aren't casting until the end of the macro and all the other abilities are on cooldown which is never. When in reality they should be on top because they can't hamper your macro because they don't invoke the global cooldown at all. That's probably 300 dps down the drain.

    Same for petcast, you're not casting it, your pet is. You should put it first because it's going to happen more frequently at no cost to you. Probably another 50 dps there.

    Last of all if your rotation is anything like mine, you're going to get to the last ability on the list once every 12-14 seconds, meaning you can put Vex there which does a ton of damage in comparison to feverent strike and it will regulate itself.

    Ideally it should look something like this, where i get 1400+ DPS on warmaster with the same macro.

    Code:
    #show Fervent Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    petcast Enraged Assault
    petcast Satyr Sweep
    cast Jolt
    cast Fated Blow
    cast Glory of the Chosen
    cast Combined Effort
    cast Eruption of Life
    cast Lightning Hammer
    cast Bombard
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Massive Blow
    cast Vex
    Is this supposed to be some kind of lame trolling attempt? If anyone is losing DPS its you not having fervent in rotation at all. Not even going to bother explaining why since you think putting a NoGCD ability at the end of a rotation means you arent going to use it at all.

  12. #12
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kama Toki View Post
    OH GOD IT HURTS TO LOOK AT THAT MACRO IT'S SO BAD.

    You're losing.. so much damage... aughh *starts melting from bad macro setup*


    But on a serious non-mean note your macro is really bad because it's casting things in the wrong order.

    Jolt, Glory of the Chosen, and Fated blow are all NoGCD damage abilities that in your macro you aren't casting until the end of the macro and all the other abilities are on cooldown which is never. When in reality they should be on top because they can't hamper your macro because they don't invoke the global cooldown at all. That's probably 300 dps down the drain.

    Same for petcast, you're not casting it, your pet is. You should put it first because it's going to happen more frequently at no cost to you. Probably another 50 dps there.

    Last of all if your rotation is anything like mine, you're going to get to the last ability on the list once every 12-14 seconds, meaning you can put Vex there which does a ton of damage in comparison to feverent strike and it will regulate itself.

    Ideally it should look something like this, where i get 1400+ DPS on warmaster with the same macro.

    Code:
    #show Fervent Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    petcast Enraged Assault
    petcast Satyr Sweep
    cast Jolt
    cast Fated Blow
    cast Glory of the Chosen
    cast Combined Effort
    cast Eruption of Life
    cast Lightning Hammer
    cast Bombard
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Massive Blow
    cast Vex
    You are wrong.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts