+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Compilation of PVP specs?

Rift Disciple

Default Compilation of PVP specs?

Having a hell of a time..hell of a time finding any good threads at all about PVP specs....strengths weaknesses etc.

Im rank 4 now on cleric (6 on mage) experimenting with tons of specs, but nothing quite feels right.

I did a 30 26 10 just/shaman/warden spec but it doesn't quite feel right ( not rinket? not sure what it's missing) probably just my gear sucks.... I love the idea of 'shamicar' something but can't find any threads on shamicar pvp....something with the 18% damage reduction and heals of justicar that can maximize the damage...probably not 30 into justicar i imagnie more into shaman? not sure.

I hear inquisicar is fantastic for pvp..but i cant' even find a pvp spec for that on a post, it's always pve posts...any tips or links would be appreciated

Rift Disciple

aww c'mon how about some love!!!!

esp looking for a justicar/shaman viable pvp build

Soulwalker

Rift Disciple

that thread doesn't even have shamicar pvp

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Straun View Post
    that thread doesn't even have shamicar pvp
    stick with healing its the clerics best spec choice.

Telaran

The problem with shamicar is you don't gain convictions very fast and you'll need that for group support and spam dob heals on yourself. Another problem is melee pvp is hard when you don't have any way to escape.. shamans die fast.

Inquisitor is nice because you can vex people up and have hots.. you can go into justicar and get some minor dmg reduction and aoe heals.. or you can go into the pvp tree a bit to get some minor dmg reduction and the pvp ability.

For me sentinel always has to be a zero-10 pt alocated in any pvp spec I make just for healing breath that thing is powerful.

this is one i'm currently using
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...kigtkqz.xx0R.M

shaman pvp
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...shk.Eu0o0x.V0x

I want to try this second spec.. you're just missing breakaway with good survivability and aoe healing and self heals.. just stack crit. u can take glacial sheild or parry move as well pending on what you need. Ii see this spec more as a rogue killing spec though. just my thoughts

good luck
    Beat, Defiant, Mage of Deepstrike
    Beet, Guardian, Cleric of Belmont

RIP Emberlord may you be ascended in another life.

Quote Originally Posted by Russdog View Post
    The problem with shamicar is you don't gain convictions very fast and you'll need that for group support and spam dob heals on yourself. Another problem is melee pvp is hard when you don't have any way to escape.. shamans die fast.

Inquisitor is nice because you can vex people up and have hots.. you can go into justicar and get some minor dmg reduction and aoe heals.. or you can go into the pvp tree a bit to get some minor dmg reduction and the pvp ability.

For me sentinel always has to be a zero-10 pt alocated in any pvp spec I make just for healing breath that thing is powerful.

this is one i'm currently using
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...kigtkqz.xx0R.M

shaman pvp
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...shk.Eu0o0x.V0x

I want to try this second spec.. you're just missing breakaway with good survivability and aoe healing and self heals.. just stack crit. u can take glacial sheild or parry move as well pending on what you need. Ii see this spec more as a rogue killing spec though. just my thoughts

good luck
    I don't quite understand why would you put those points in Sentinel, boosting Spell Power and Critical hit damage/healing bonus seems way more of a PvE thing especially when you can't crit players and even if you do, it barely hits for more than hits with R6 Valor sets...

This is a build I came with (I'm not 50 yet, mind you):

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...0k.Eu0o0eczM.x
    • 18% damage reduction
    • 15% crit reduction (from players)
    • 15% increased armor
    • Break off control and movement impairing effects (2 min cd, Break Free), break off movement impairing (15 sec cd, Battle Charge)
    • Can reduce all incoming damage by 50% every 1 min with Detaunt if focused, if badly focused can always change to Mien of Leadership
    • 150% increased avoidance (90% parry rating, 60% dodge rating) from spell power coming 1.3
    • Great selfhealing thanks to Salvation, Mien of Honor and Favored of the Valnir
    • Interrupt single target through Sovereignty stun AND AoE with Interdict (which will be in tier 5 branch coming 1.3); possibly skip Sovereignty at once adding one point in Glacial Shield and one point in Interdict
    • Snare all targets automatically with each Charge by 70% and then with each melee attack (including Justicar ones), by 50%, through Vengeance of the Frozen Earth. With Even Justice, this could mean snaring up to 5 enemies.

Main tactics against a mass of players could be: Battle Charge, Interdict, Rage of the North, Even Justice spam.
    Last edited by AlexiousITA; 06-18-2011 at 02:29 AM.

+ Reply to Thread