+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Shaman/Justicar/? + Questiion.

  1. #1
    Shadowlander THE RIFT NOOB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    28

    Default Shaman/Justicar/? + Questiion.

    Hi I'm liking Shaman/Justicar combo for my cleric, I have a few questions to ask.

    1# What should be my 3rd soul healing wise?
    2# I saw on rift zam that 3rd soul for this combo was inquisitor is that any good for low solo leveling?
    3# What is conviction?

    + Should I really be looking on rift zam for best builds or ask here on forums?

  2. #2
    Prophet of Telara NatashaK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,146

    Default

    1) Any work. Most people use sentinal. Warden for the HoT + waterjet is nice too. The puri shield is good. But you already have a shield.
    2) Dont bother with this until may level. Choose sham or inq but not both.
    3) It's what lets you use a doctrine. Read the cavalier skill.

  3. #3
    Plane Walker Tuskon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THE RIFT NOOB View Post
    Hi I'm liking Shaman/Justicar combo for my cleric, I have a few questions to ask.

    1# What should be my 3rd soul healing wise?
    Sentinel is usually best since it help with your healing. Depending on how far into the tree you go, you can get another AoE heal, a cleanse, an instant cast spell or passive mitigation (from Protect the Flock)
    Quote Originally Posted by THE RIFT NOOB View Post
    2# I saw on rift zam that 3rd soul for this combo was inquisitor is that any good for low solo leveling?
    You're more than likely better off just choosing one dps tree for this setup. Although for leveling i personally would recommend almost pure Inquisitor (with a healing 3rd) since you can basically AoE farm everything past level 11-12.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE RIFT NOOB View Post
    3# What is conviction?
    It is the Justicar version of Combo Points. They are used in many different skills from the Justicar tree.

    Quote Originally Posted by THE RIFT NOOB View Post
    + Should I really be looking on rift zam for best builds or ask here on forums?
    Often times you'll find many low level builds or experimental builds on Zam. Thats not to say that there aren't a good many builds that are good, but you're probably better off asking here (or searching here) for builds regarding certain things. There is also a thread that is stickied at the very top of the Cleric forums that contains many links the guides regarding the different aspects of playing a Cleric.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSorrow View Post
    So just because this doesn't work like every other game it's bad?
    Adapt, adopt and improve. If you can't do that, maybe it's something other than the game that's bad.
    Level 50 Cleric:Tuskon

  4. #4
    Rift Chaser Kayoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Depending on your level, you should look into a Sham/Inq/Sent build. I played Sham/Just/X for a while, and the two don't really compare. A Sham/Inq/Sent build is based around dots and crits and has the best potential for omgwtfhitme?! moments that I've come across.


    I went to click on very cute kitty in a town, I thought maybe they'd be an emote or the cat would meow, instead I murdered it... and looted a Cat Tear...
    This mace was made for swingin'
    So that's just what I'll do
    Pop Rage of the North and **** all over you

  5. #5
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    275

    Default

    Tuskon has already given a lot of insight. For a healer hybrid, 16 Sentinel is usually the best soul choice for the rez, the cleanse, an AoE heal when you don't have Convictions and Protect the Flock.

    So for example, you might go with a Shaman/Justicar/Sentinel build for a lot of healing utility.
    Abilities you'd be using are:
    Lightning Hammer
    Bolt of Radiance
    Life's Vengeance
    Strike of the Maelstrom (with the DoT attached this is very good DPS even on single target fights)
    Strike of Judgment
    Jolt

    You should never run into any mana problems, thanks to Endless Winter. And even if your mana goes down a bit (excessive Doctrine/Communion spam), you can always get it back very quickly with Purpose and Ageless Ice.

    Another, more offensive, option would be a Shaman/Justicar/Inquisitor build.
    Benefits are the access to Armor of Devotion, Sanction Heretic and Soul Drain for AoE DPS.
    Abilities used (single target):
    Lightning Hammer
    Sanction Heretic
    Massive Blow
    Bolt of Radiance
    Strike of the Maelstrom
    Strike of Judgment
    Jolt

    AoE:
    Soul Drain
    Strike of the Maelstrom
    Even Justice
    Jolt

    For 5 man dungeons, I really prefer the Inquisitor variant, since it tends to speed things up considerably due to the significantly higher AoE DPS. For raids, I'm inclined to say the Sentinel build will have more raid value due to the access to a Conviction-less group heal, cleanse and Protect the Flock on every Reparation tick.
    Better living through technology!
    Inventing Cleric builds is too mainstream for me.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Chomag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    2,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mridc View Post
    Tuskon has already given a lot of insight. For a healer hybrid, 16 Sentinel is usually the best soul choice for the rez, the cleanse, an AoE heal when you don't have Convictions and Protect the Flock.

    So for example, you might go with a Shaman/Justicar/Sentinel build for a lot of healing utility.
    Abilities you'd be using are:
    Lightning Hammer
    Bolt of Radiance
    Life's Vengeance
    Strike of the Maelstrom (with the DoT attached this is very good DPS even on single target fights)
    Strike of Judgment
    Jolt

    You should never run into any mana problems, thanks to Endless Winter. And even if your mana goes down a bit (excessive Doctrine/Communion spam), you can always get it back very quickly with Purpose and Ageless Ice.

    Another, more offensive, option would be a Shaman/Justicar/Inquisitor build.
    Benefits are the access to Armor of Devotion, Sanction Heretic and Soul Drain for AoE DPS.
    Abilities used (single target):
    Lightning Hammer
    Sanction Heretic
    Massive Blow
    Bolt of Radiance
    Strike of the Maelstrom
    Strike of Judgment
    Jolt

    AoE:
    Soul Drain
    Strike of the Maelstrom
    Even Justice
    Jolt

    For 5 man dungeons, I really prefer the Inquisitor variant, since it tends to speed things up considerably due to the significantly higher AoE DPS. For raids, I'm inclined to say the Sentinel build will have more raid value due to the access to a Conviction-less group heal, cleanse and Protect the Flock on every Reparation tick.
    Yes, I recommend the shaman/justi/sent for solo pvp purposes. Sham/justi/inq is good too but kinda lacks reliable heals. Your 4 convictions for the single heal as justi will go down really fast against a melee rogue or warrior facerolling you, so you need more heals than that.
    Last edited by Chomag; 06-17-2011 at 02:52 AM.

  7. #7
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    275

    Default

    Yeah, for PvP I wouldn't touch the Shaman/Just/Inq, unless you run with a set group of people and have a decent amount of PvP gear already. It's really more of a PvE solo/5 man build.
    Better living through technology!
    Inventing Cleric builds is too mainstream for me.

  8. #8
    Shadowlander THE RIFT NOOB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Thanks all for you tips/opinions, but I'm not really one for pvp I'm looking for pve. So this builds good for leveling?

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts