+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for top dps build for pve

Default Looking for top dps build for pve

I am a healing cleric but sometimes i have to go dps and i don't know what is the best dps spec for cleric. I have looked on the forums and i keep reading post that contradict each other. I asked my guild for info but asking them about any thing is about as helpful as **** on a bull. Tryed asking in open chat but no one talks in this game.

So please any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Like i care What you think.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00....iV0VhoqRz.Vxz Melee - 2 macro button build - one for single target one for AE

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...nquisitor-v1.2 Ranged

The ranged option is about 20% weaker than the melee one.

Rift Disciple

46/10sent/10cab or 51/10sent/5ward are both about the same. 10/10 wins out when you've got better crit gear.

The difference between the two is shifting damage proportions from crit rate to steady damage from dots. Since each individual dot tick may or may not crit you lose the bonuses from higher crit gear. Pick one, use it. They perform the same. Pick one.

From the raiding inquisitor guide:

Build 1 -- Should never use shards of light to begin with.
    Build 2 -- Awful. You sacrifice 5% bonus damage and a 5% bonus to SP contribution for 20% more crit. Large dps loss.
    Build 3 -- Fine

The melee build is *the* cookie cutter dps build for clerics, so if you want to do *our* highest dps, you need to use it. Also, alot of people who use the 1 button macro forget to cast Vex! Its more dps people! 1 button can be boring though ;P Still, with t3 gear and the legendary hammer you can pull near 1400 dps. or about 1000 with that ranged build.

Sunspots the Retired
    Once R8 Guardian Cleric of Seastone
    Proud Alumni of [breaking bads]

Observe my Past Glory in Video Format here!!

Soulwalker

Quick question on the Warden talent "Destructive Tide", are channeled spells affected by it, as they're instant cast also?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Asmiroth View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00....iV0VhoqRz.Vxz Melee - 2 macro button build - one for single target one for AE
    What's the AoE rotation for that build? I'm doing T1 atm, and most trash packs involve 2+ mobs..

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Sunspots View Post
    The melee build is *the* cookie cutter dps build for clerics, so if you want to do *our* highest dps, you need to use it. Also, alot of people who use the 1 button macro forget to cast Vex! Its more dps people! 1 button can be boring though ;P Still, with t3 gear and the legendary hammer you can pull near 1400 dps. or about 1000 with that ranged build.
    Can do a lot more than 1400 dps if you're using legendary and some t3 gear

What's the AoE rotation for that build? I'm doing T1 atm, and most trash packs involve 2+ mobs..
    You get 3 AE attacks and 2 are identical. Strike of the Maelstrom first and Avalanche Strike next, with the obvious Fated Blow/GotC/Jolt in there as well.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sunspots View Post
    Is throwing in vex truly more DPS? I've found that unless i'm running into the boss after a knock back and every other ranged ability is on cooldown, working vex into my rotation had pretty much 0 effect. My DPS with and without Vex would fluctuate but neither way was always better.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Creepir View Post
    Is throwing in vex truly more DPS? I've found that unless i'm running into the boss after a knock back and every other ranged ability is on cooldown, working vex into my rotation had pretty much 0 effect. My DPS with and without Vex would fluctuate but neither way was always better.
    It is a ranged ability DOT so if you can cast it when you are out of a range of using other abilities, it would increase your DPS. A little bit of healing doesn't hurt either.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Creepir View Post
    I recommend downloading ACT and comparing vex to fervent strike to see for yourself. With some practice you can get the hang of when you should be vexing in your rotation even in melee range..just use it when everything except massive blow is on cooldown the 1st time around in rotation..then allow massive blow to go off next time around since vex will still be on your target...and repeat. edit: to make it a little easier, you will always use vex after a bombard or lightning hammer in an ideal rotation in melee range of your target.

You can apply this to group/raid settings. Fights where you dont need to move around a lot on, or you dont need to switch targets much on you can easily fit vex in your rotation with some practice. For a staff user with witchstone the difference is enormous between the 2 abilities and only grows in a raid environment.

Even with a legendary hammer self buffed my vex was doing 13dps more than fervent on the dummy after factoring in crag and winter...I would have to look at parses for raids(which I dont have lol ) to see how they compared though in a raid setting.
    Last edited by Sarrom; 06-17-2011 at 05:25 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Ponytoucher View Post
    46/10sent/10cab or 51/10sent/5ward are both about the same. 10/10 wins out when you've got better crit gear.

The difference between the two is shifting damage proportions from crit rate to steady damage from dots. Since each individual dot tick may or may not crit you lose the bonuses from higher crit gear. Pick one, use it. They perform the same. Pick one.

From the raiding inquisitor guide:

Build 1 -- Should never use shards of light to begin with.
    Build 2 -- Awful. You sacrifice 5% bonus damage and a 5% bonus to SP contribution for 20% more crit. Large dps loss.
    Build 3 -- Fine
    SoL will output more damage if you've got L&D proc but BoD is on CD.
    Build 2 has parsed over 1200, so just because YOU think its bad, doesn't make it so. It's dependable on high crit gear (which a lot of 31/24/11 clerics run).
    Build 3 will only consistently beat out Build 1 when you have a 50% crit ratio.

Do the math yourself, you'll come to the same conclusions and test results I have. If you prefer the playstyle of another thats fine, the Build 1 requires you to pay a little more attention to the rotation than some of the others and I know its not for everyone, but assuming you can master it you will do well with it.

+ Reply to Thread