+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cleric T3 Set Stats - Diona's vs. Shyla's - ATTEN DEVS

Default Cleric T3 Set Stats - Diona's vs. Shyla's - ATTEN DEVS

There is a serious issue with the current stat itemization on the Cleric T3 sets. Currently 4 pieces of the Diona's set (the "healing" set) are significantly worse statwise than the equivalent pieces of the Shyla's set (the "dps" set). Specifically the chest, legs, feet, and shoulder pieces. Currently here are the stats you lose when switching these 4 pieces of the Diona's set for the Shyla's set (I am consering END as a non-issue since a few points of END either way is irrelevant):

Diona's Vigilant Boots --> Shyla's Consecrated Boots

-1 INT, +1 WIS, -6 SP, +22 SC

Diona's Vigilant Hauberk --> Shyla's Consecrated Hauberk

+1 INT, -1 WIS, -4 SP, +22 SC

Diona's Vigilant Greaves --> Shyla's Consecrated Greaves

-2 INT, -5 SP, +24 SC

Diona's Vigilant Shoulderpads --> Shyla's Consecrated Shoulderpads

-2 INT, -5 SP, +25 SC

TOTAL of 4 Diona's --> Shyla's Set Pieces

-4 INT, -20 SP, +93 SC (to even out the INT let's call it -21 SP, +90 SC)

Since the sp:sc ratio should usually operate at a 1:2 ratio to be considered equivalent, I don't think there is a single healing cleric that would argue that 21 spell power is worth losing 90 spell crit, this being a 1:4.5 ratio. This effectively means that 4 of the 6 pieces of Cleric T3 healing set gear are not desirable for both healing and dps clerics, and so are rendered a waste of space on the T3 set page. For people who might say "well the Diona's set is for people who wish to stack spell power". No. There is no healing Cleric that would ever consider taking 21sp over 90sc, they are not even remotely comparable.

For anyone who is unfamiliar with Cleric healing, spell cirt is not only desirable for creating large tank heals, but also due to the following Cleric healing talents:

Overflow - 26 point Warden talent: When you Critically Hit with a heal, the ally gains Overflow for 15 seconds. The next time they take damage, they receive healing equal to your Wisdom.

--> on many fights, Overflow can be 10-20% of a Clerics hps, the more often it procs due to spell crit, the better the ability

Tidal Resonance - 21/22 point Warden talent: Reduces the mana cost of your next heal over time spell by 15/30% whenever you Critically Hit with a Water-based ability.

--> Significantly improves mana management, this will be even more important with the upcoming Wisdom regen changes in 1.3

Serendipity - 26/27/28 point Sentinel talent: When you Critically Hit with a heal, the cast time of your next heal is reduced by 0.5/1.0/1.5 seconds.

--> the bread and butter of almost every Cleric healing spec. More frequent Serendipity procs equate to more effective healing. Also, it is possible to miss on Serendipity procs from AE heals if you do not have enough crit, which in a game where the raid usually has to be topped off within a few seconds of AE damage going out can make a massive difference.

Surging Flames - 31 point Purifier talent: Whenever the ally is healed by the Cleric past their Maximum Health, 50% of the overhealing is spread to up to 5 party or raid members within 15 meters of the ally. Can only be placed on one ally at a time. Lasts 1 hour.

--> this one is a little less obvious, but crit heals are the easiest way to make Surging Flames an effective ability. The more crit you have, the more effective you are at keeping your tank and group alive.

There are many other uses for spell crit, but these are the main abilities.

If Trion is going to create a cleric set designed for healer's, I would suggest they itemize these sets accordingly. I do not mind that these 4 T3 healing set pieces have no spell crit. I mind that the dps set has so much more SC, for so little SP loss when switching from the healing set, that there is no reason to use these 4 pieces at all. I'm hoping the people on the cleric forums will help me keep this thread going so that we can get the stat points on these pieces altered in a future patch/hotfix to make them more useful than the Cleric dps pieces for healers.

Plane Touched

For 51 Purifier, Diona's Seraphic is still BIS despite the stat disparity. SP > crit at a 5-5.9 ratio depending on whether you've invested 5 points in cabalist spellpower. But that is the singular exception.

I agree completely that Damon's is superior for most accepted specs and have posted extensively about this. But there's really no reason to complain as long as you have access to at least one good set, which you do, by using a combination of Dionas, Damons, and Amunets. A problem existed prior to 1.2, when Dionas and Damons were identical. Fortunately, it's a nonissue now, and your post is moot (not to mention regurgitated copypasta).

Diona's is not wasted space, it's an alternative for a few niche specs and may have some use if SP gets buffed.

I see no regurgitation since I searched for this issue and found nothing regarding it. If it's buried somewhere in a thread then fine, but I wanted something more obvious and visible. The issue isn't "well this niche spec could use these items, but otherwise just mix and match, it's fine". The issue is there is a "healing" set and a "dps" set. However, the "healing" set isn't a healing set and it should be.

Sez

There are three sets of cleric gear now?

So a boss has 3x the chance of dropping chain than it has dropping cloth?
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

No, these are the items purchased using the gear tokens.

No, this is about vendor raid items. There are 3 sets of gear for clerics compared to 2 for warriors/rogues and 1 for mages. This should not be news to anyone.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    There are three sets of cleric gear now?

They fixed mages whining about not ever having loot drop for them.

Chloros suck now, and Mage DPS sucks now. No reason to bring a Mage.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Asmiroth View Post
    No, this is about vendor raid items. There are 3 sets of gear for clerics compared to 2 for warriors/rogues and 1 for mages. This should not be news to anyone.
    Err he is making a completely separate (somewhat valid) point.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Snarfums View Post
    I see no regurgitation since I searched for this issue and found nothing regarding it. If it's buried somewhere in a thread then fine, but I wanted something more obvious and visible. The issue isn't "well this niche spec could use these items, but otherwise just mix and match, it's fine". The issue is there is a "healing" set and a "dps" set. However, the "healing" set isn't a healing set and it should be.
    No, you're wrong. There are not strictly healing and DPS sets. There are, loosely, SP and Sp/Crit sets. You're only boxing yourself in by adopting that perspective.

SP/Crit clerics in 1.2 currently face only ONE gearing challenge: helm. There are no Sp/Crit non-focus raiding helms. (If I'm wrong, please tell me! )

SP clerics in 1.2 face TWO gearing annoyances: the gloves have crit, and the total spellpower from tier, while sufficient to merit its use, should really be higher.

I cant believe your guild lets clerics have the t3 gear. There are *so* many drops for clerics that completely equip us that actually taking a glyphed item is almost cruel to all the mages who get nothing.

Sunspots the Retired
    Once R8 Guardian Cleric of Seastone
    Proud Alumni of [breaking bads]

Observe my Past Glory in Video Format here!!

I'd like to get into Shyla's Panties.

RIFT Community Ambassador Radak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sunspots View Post
    I cant believe your guild lets clerics have the t3 gear. There are *so* many drops for clerics that completely equip us that actually taking a glyphed item is almost cruel to all the mages who get nothing.
    I love my guild then for having given me 5 glyphed pieces as a justicar
    When we get cloth drops hardly anyone every wants them and we basicly have to force people to taken them (we run 4-7 mages).
    Cleric tanking: Justicar guide | Justicar spreadsheet and item list
    Defence is as much a part of war as offense, the shield as important a tool as the sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluxions View Post
    No, you're wrong. There are not strictly healing and DPS sets. There are, loosely, SP and Sp/Crit sets. You're only boxing yourself in by adopting that perspective.

SP/Crit clerics in 1.2 currently face only ONE gearing challenge: helm. There are no Sp/Crit non-focus raiding helms. (If I'm wrong, please tell me! )

SP clerics in 1.2 face TWO gearing annoyances: the gloves have crit, and the total spellpower from tier, while sufficient to merit its use, should really be higher.
    There is no such thing as a SP and SP/Crit Cleric. The only build Clerics have that would benefit from mass stacking SP and ignoring SC (which you would have to do to choose 21 SP over 90 SC) is 51 Purifier, which is used on 1 fight in the entire game, and even then you're going 51 Purifier just for Conflag, so the Ancestral Flame bonus isn't a huge deal.
    Last edited by Snarfums; 06-16-2011 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarfums View Post
    There is no such thing as a SP and SP/Crit Cleric. The only build Clerics have that would benefit from mass stacking SP and ignoring SC (which you would have to do to choose 21 SP over 90 SC) is 51 Purifier, which is used on 1 fight in the entire game, and even then you're going 51 Purifier just for Conflag, so the Ancestral Flame bonus isn't a huge deal.
    You think with the new 10 boss raid and boost to purifier they don't plan on making a 51 purifier needed on multiple fights in there?

Quote Originally Posted by xDuffvy View Post
    You think with the new 10 boss raid and boost to purifier they don't plan on making a 51 purifier needed on multiple fights in there?
    Wow, that is amazing, I had no idea I was playing Future Rift. Do you think they could let me move my talent points to improve abilities they don't have yet?
    Last edited by Snarfums; 06-16-2011 at 03:10 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast