Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Subscription canceled

Default Subscription canceled

I hate having to do this and in this fashion but I feel like the Cleric Dev. and Rift in general are completely blind and deaf to what we are asking for. We have had no acknowledgement or word from anyone regarding our concerns. Just look at the Cleric class forums and the Cleric 1.3 thread on the PTS forums. Everyone is unhappy with the class and what does rift do? Well, just go and look!

I have said this in many many other threads and will say it again. I have been with Rift since before Beta and participated in all closed beta events and did my part to help improve the game. I've pointed out MANY things wrong with the cleric classes and gave my feedback. I offered them my services, my money, my time and still nothing addressing our concerns.

It's too bad because I saw a lot of promise for this game and its potential but I think it is about time that I took my business somewhere else where my voice and the voice of our community is heard and where we feel that our input actually matters.

For all of you clerics who stay, I salute you and hope you guys the best. You guys are the best and most mature in the Rift community. Don't ever change.

Here's saying goodbye from a loyal customer.

Take care.

RIFT Community Ambassador Radak's Avatar

It's always said to see contributors to the cleric community leave.

I honestly think the cleric forum is by far the most mature forum and Trion only seems to listen to spam and QQ.
    This is the main reason clerics aren't balanced correctly as we don't spam or QQ but bring logic to the table (most of us atleast and there are a few for the different classes as well but they get overrun by QQ).

An idea for Trion would be to choose some class representatives and give them a separate forum for balancing talents and stats that the devs do read (according to Elrar devs currently mainly get their info from mods on the forum). This might balance the classes a bit better as long as the representatives are chosen correctly.

(The fact that devs hear about problem from mods is also a problem as again there is hardly QQ and spam here in the cleric forum so no reason for mods to step in and read suggestions or problems made by us)

But greetings from Radak (a.k.a. Alovnek)
    And hopefully we will see you back when the devs decide to act more responsible.
    Cleric tanking: Justicar guide | Justicar spreadsheet and item list
    Defence is as much a part of war as offense, the shield as important a tool as the sword.

They haven't done much, because clerics don't need much done. There's much bigger issues with every other class. "Everyone" is NOT unhappy with the class, heh.

Actually, they're making some VERY big changes to Justicar this round even so. They rock in PvP, so I can't see that being a complaint.

Clerics can tank well, (even better now with 1.3) have excellent survival and healing skills in PvP (not OP like the whiners say, but are VERY tough) can level fast as hell solo because of superAE DPS, are the best healers in the game, can melee or go ranged, do good DPS in raids and dungeons (if you go that way)... I could go on and on about how good clerics are.

Clerics are good in pve and pvp, are versatile, and can do everything in the game above average excpet maybe top the DPS parsers.

No offense, but I feel "leaving the game because they haven't fixed clerics" is kind of silly. They're not broken.

Z
    Last edited by Znick; 06-16-2011 at 09:04 AM.

The Order of the Silver Hand is recruiting! Dayblind - Guardian - www.TheOrderoftheSilverHand.com

Ascendant

Can I have your plat?

Rift Disciple

i agree since they are fixing justicar with another 10% which is more then good enough since i dont wanna be on par with rogues or warriors at all and dont believe we should be despite tanking half the time myself, the only change i can see wanting is the inquisitor life and death concord CD and even then its not big i dont see any other change they can make to us since we are already incredibly OP is most scenarios and extremely balanced in others

Ascendant

Take care.
    How loyal. 3 months into a game you don't get what you want. This is laughable

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Radak View Post
    I honestly think the cleric forum is by far the most mature forum and Trion only seems to listen to spam and QQ.
    This is the main reason clerics aren't balanced correctly as we don't spam or QQ but bring logic to the table (most of us atleast and there are a few for the different classes as well but they get overrun by QQ).
    Good lord I lol'd

Ascendant

honestly think the cleric forum is by far the most mature forum and Trion only seems to listen to spam and QQ.
    Clerics have very high int and wisdom. These combined account for their overwhelming amount of logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfishy View Post
    How loyal. 3 months into a game you don't get what you want. This is laughable
    If you actually read my post, you'll see that i've been with rift prior to beta and participated in all of the beta events not to mention I was part of the forums before all of that too.

Here's a tip: Next time, actually read the post before deciding to troll. You'll look less stupid.

My issue with the game really is the lack of end game. It's really just instances for PvE and PvP. These are good sand boxes for leveling and splitting up your population, but it just doesn't feel like an MMO. I'm looking for fluid, open world PvP and contested PvE. Right now every guild on the server just kills copies of the same dragon every week and tried to brag about how they do it better than anyone else. People might as well be on their own LANs playing Diablo II.

I dont really have a problem with Clerics or any other class.

Telaran

You are just repeating the same crap that we've heard before. "Wahhhhh I want this changed and YOU'RE NOT LISTENING! Watch! I will make a thread announcing my departure! Will you pay attention to me now? Really, I'm leaving!"

If you are going to leave, leave. If you are frustrated with the how terrible clerics are in this game, good riddance. We are easily the most versatile class in the game. The only thing we really lack is serious dps, and even then, I've seen some crazy parses from a couple of clerics in our guild with 800-1000 sustained single target dps on boss fights.

Sure, there are areas for improvement. I will certainly give you that. But the whole "I offered them my services, my money, my time and still nothing addressing our concerns" statement just makes you seem like you have an inflated sense of self-importance, and are leaving because Trion did not indulge you.

Make your noise, shake your fist, and don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

Ascendant

No I read it and congrats on participating in Beta and whatever else you did. You helped make the game the way it is. Just pointing out that you leaving 3 months into a game for not getting what you want is funny.

Playing in beta is free. You were not a customer except for the 3 months you actually paid sub fees.

People thinking goodbye posts invoke pity from players, or make GM's consider changes to the game is what makes you look stupid.

The next poster even points out how clerics don't QQ. But here's the kicker--

Its in a thread where a cleric is quitting over what happening to his class.

If being tired of people crying makes me a troll...well then I guess I am.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by StChoch View Post
    I hate having to do this and in this fashion but I feel like the Cleric Dev. and Rift in general are completely blind and deaf to what we are asking for. We have had no acknowledgement or word from anyone regarding our concerns. Just look at the Cleric class forums and the Cleric 1.3 thread on the PTS forums. Everyone is unhappy with the class and what does rift do? Well, just go and look!

I have said this in many many other threads and will say it again. I have been with Rift since before Beta and participated in all closed beta events and did my part to help improve the game. I've pointed out MANY things wrong with the cleric classes and gave my feedback. I offered them my services, my money, my time and still nothing addressing our concerns.

It's too bad because I saw a lot of promise for this game and its potential but I think it is about time that I took my business somewhere else where my voice and the voice of our community is heard and where we feel that our input actually matters.

For all of you clerics who stay, I salute you and hope you guys the best. You guys are the best and most mature in the Rift community. Don't ever change.

Take care.
    What is wrong with you? There are very few things wrong with the cleric class. They are adding in magic mitigation for Justicar, which is the biggest outcry of all. 1.3 isn't even final. Stop whining and attention whoring no one cares.
    Candy

Quote Originally Posted by StChoch View Post

Take care.
    Is this again one of those 'things don't work out exactly the way I want, so I will threaten to quit' like posts? TYhe classes are very well in balance. I have 4 toons, and all 4 classes need co-operation. Usually these "I will cancel my subscription" threads are like suicide notes 3 weeks in advance. Looking for sympathy. If you don't like the game, leave! Bye!

Rift Disciple

I actually fully support this. Cancelling your subscription doesn't mean you are leaving the game. It is simply informing trion you don't plan to renew. They have a database of all the people playing the game, what severs they are on and what characters they have logged the most hours on. If trion sees an influx of cancelled subscriptions they will no doubt investigate some of these accounts.

Again the issue isn't so much that clerics are horribly broken. We have a few souls that are 'almost' as good as our competitor callings in those same roles, which is really silly since they should be just as good. But the real matter it's that trion is purposely ignoring the cleric player population.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast