+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Exact meaning of Warden instant cast enhancer boxes

Plane Touched

Default Exact meaning of Warden instant cast enhancer boxes

I have 2 questions that may be obvious to some by aren't entirely clear to me:

* Does the Warden box "Destructive Tide" (increases instant cast damaging spells by 10%) affect instant cast DoT spells as well?
    * Does the Warden box "Surging Rapids" (increases instant cast healing spells by 15%) affect instant cast HoT spells as well?

Basically I'm confused about the "instant" part, do they enhance any spell that doesn't have a casting time or do they only enhance spells that perform their function at once and not over time?
    Last edited by Israfael; 06-16-2011 at 06:21 AM.

Rift Disciple

I've not done any testing to confirm this, but I would bet that in this case "instant" is specifically referring to the spell's description of casting duration. So yes, those HoTs and DoTs would be affected. The only things that wouldn't are any spells with a casting time and any channeled spells.

Rift Disciple

As far as the instant cast healing, I pretty sure the bonus % is only on the 1st cast(tick) not on all initial ticks. For HoTs.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Axeon View Post
    As far as the instant cast healing, I pretty sure the bonus % is only on the 1st cast(tick) not on all initial ticks. For HoTs.
    No, it applies to all ticks. If I go to the healing dummy and hit it with Healing Spray, it ticks for 232 all seven times (unless one of them crits - and any of them could crit).

Shield of Telara

Instant cast dots (vex and sanction heretic in particular) definitely get a boost on every tick from Destructive Tide (and the initial cast for sanction heretic).

Channeled spells (Circle of Oblivion) and spells that are instant cast due to proc (BoD) do not benefit from Destructive Tide.

+ Reply to Thread