+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Need help with Sent/Puri build

  1. #1
    Shadowlander Demonjay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29

    Default Need help with Sent/Puri build

    Hey all
    I got a couple questions about the sent/puri
    First of all i like to mention i was always a 51 warden and i loved it healed every T1 & T2
    But i must admit with certain boss fights where the spike dmg was high i did feel it was lacking a bit ( nothing some orbs and a wel placed deluge could fix ;) )
    so i decided to try out a difrent build.
    Now i went with the sent/puri build with warden at the side with 0 points...
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...zco..Ex0E0zzqz

    Now i tried to heal My first T2 with this build and it sucked ...
    i just cant seem to find a good rotation to use..
    So is there anyone that can give me some tips on what skills i can best use or even spam in fights

    Also with that build im using i have Restorative flame and Healing incovation
    i feel that having both doesnt rly make sence and they are both just as strong
    its either Restorative flame or Healing incovation im spamming tbh ...
    but for the Healing incovation i do not have the Lasting incovation.
    is Lasting incovation any good to have ?
    and is it maybe best to drop Healing incovation? and spend my point in something difrent?

    Any tips on skill rotation and explanation on what skills to have or take would be greatly appreciated
    http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa218/Demonjay/sigs/Demonmoon-demonjay.jpg

  2. #2
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,140

    Default

    if you only have 1 of the 3secs talented use that (RF>HI imo). if you have both then use HI when the tank has suffered damage and spam RF till the hot drops and refresh HI if the tank still has damage.

    caregiver's, now that is off the gcd is better than healing flare.

    usually the error of people using this build is that they keep their cds for when something bad happens. if you use them preemtively, since you have a ton of them, you can prevent such things. P.e. the moment you see a bad pull use fiery, dont wait for the tank drop to 40%to use it, and etc.

    as about rotations, it is really about rotating the cds, or even chaining them.

    as an example, lets say that the tank suddendly does something stupid and drops to 50%hp, use ToL+flashover+RF, this will not only crit heal the tank but also proc serendipity. So use your fiery at that moment so that the next heal will also be a critical heal that will proc serendipity and etc.

    there is not a set rotation, you just need a good judgemnt of your cds and when to use them.

    i usually also prefer having -30sec cd on fiery+caregivers than 5% more healing on RF. i also prefer to have break free than a crappy hot :P
    Last edited by shroudb; 06-16-2011 at 01:24 AM.

  3. #3
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjay View Post
    Hey all
    I got a couple questions about the sent/puri
    First of all i like to mention i was always a 51 warden and i loved it healed every T1 & T2
    But i must admit with certain boss fights where the spike dmg was high i did feel it was lacking a bit ( nothing some orbs and a wel placed deluge could fix ;) )
    so i decided to try out a difrent build.
    Now i went with the sent/puri build with warden at the side with 0 points...
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...zco..Ex0E0zzqz

    Now i tried to heal My first T2 with this build and it sucked ...
    i just cant seem to find a good rotation to use..
    So is there anyone that can give me some tips on what skills i can best use or even spam in fights

    Also with that build im using i have Restorative flame and Healing incovation
    i feel that having both doesnt rly make sence and they are both just as strong
    its either Restorative flame or Healing incovation im spamming tbh ...
    but for the Healing incovation i do not have the Lasting incovation.
    is Lasting incovation any good to have ?
    and is it maybe best to drop Healing incovation? and spend my point in something difrent?

    Any tips on skill rotation and explanation on what skills to have or take would be greatly appreciated
    That spec looks good. I would suggest dropping HI and the point into 1% AOE heals and put them both in Embolden, it affects your Surging Flames.

    But basically make sure you get some crit on your gear and spam RF. use your cd's on big pulls etc. Might take a little practice but when you get it you will love it.
    Candy

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    160

    Default

    It depends a lot on your spellpower. HI + LI heals more than RF if you let the ticks run, but as you gain SP, RF with shield starts to close in on it to the point where the points from HI/LI can be moved elsewhere.

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...zzqz.E0E00suco would be a common base for the build, with the 4 points coming out of HI/LI and going into Light Efficiency to make your AEs better when you do have to use them.

    There really isn't much of a rotation. Keep a Flashover+Latent Blaze on the tank and yourself at all times. Once you get used to the build you can cycle the rebuff into your healing and keep it up on three people at all times pretty easily (I like using serendipity procs to rebuff it, since it is considered casting a heal). By using Flashover when putting the buff on, it guarantees that when it goes off that it is a crit. Really useful for those emergency situations since it's not only a huge heal, it means that you get a serendipity proc when you need it most too. Keep Surging Flames on the tank if there's melee, if it's a ranged group, throw it on yourself.

    Ward of Ancestors before the pull, give the tank a second to get aggro, then I usually hit with Healing Breath and start into cycling RF. If you have HI/LI, you'll cycle between HI and RF so the hot has time to tick. Generally, since you're dealing with long cast times, you just keep chaining heals, even if not needed, since it may be by the end of the 3 seconds. You can break your cast just before it finishes casting if nobody has taken damage, but it's usually not needed.

    Aside from that, it's a matter of managing your cooldowns. Bad pull? Hit up Healer's Covenant to reduce damage. Healer's Haste is nice to use when HC is on cooldown. I like to use Surging Flames towards the end of HC personally, since the extra HP can be useful once he's taking full damage again.

    I also have an emergency button set up that casts Flashover, Healer's Breath, Fiery Blessing, Touch the Light, Restorative Flame. Basically a guaranteed 7k in healing in two instant cast spells, and followed up with the increased crit chance from FB and a serendipity proc in place on your next heal. 11k+ in healing in 4.5 seconds is typical here.

    For non-tank damage, I try to spot heal with Healing Breath & Healing Flare if they aren't just being topped off by Surging Flames. If there's time, use Healing Communion, if not, burst out Divine Call. As mentioned above, if you're in a ranged heavy group (good on raids) toss Surging Flames on yourself, then you can also chain quick heals on yourself turning them into AoE heals around you.

    But most importantly, play what you're comfortable with. 51 Warden puts out the most hps on a target, and has superior aoe healing, but it can struggle with burst damage. I often group with another healer who just can't stand the puri/sent build because she doesn't like watching the tank's health drop so far between heals landing. Both builds work well, as does the Warden/Sent build. This build can get really boring in T2s, though. If you have a decent tank/group (and made worse if there's a justicar hybrid in the group), you'll be watching your big 3s heals land for only a few hundred hit points, and you'll find it hard not to fall asleep, since there isn't even a rotation, just spamming RF over and over. I find I start tossing out Banish, Life's Vengeance, and even Spirit Rapture sometimes, just for something to do.

    Also, Templar is the best 0 point soul, especially for this build. With Warden, CC may not hurt as bad, since hots keep ticking. With puri/sent, if you get stunned 2s into a heal, and it's a 6s stun, then you need to land a 3s heal once you're unstunned, that's 11 seconds and probably a dead tank. The cooldowns/emergency button helps with that, but 8s is still tough for many tanks who aren't well geared, especially on bosses.

  5. #5
    Shadowlander Demonjay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shroudb View Post
    if you only have 1 of the 3secs talented use that (RF>HI imo). if you have both then use HI when the tank has suffered damage and spam RF till the hot drops and refresh HI if the tank still has damage.

    caregiver's, now that is off the gcd is better than healing flare.

    usually the error of people using this build is that they keep their cds for when something bad happens. if you use them preemtively, since you have a ton of them, you can prevent such things. P.e. the moment you see a bad pull use fiery, dont wait for the tank drop to 40%to use it, and etc.

    as about rotations, it is really about rotating the cds, or even chaining them.

    as an example, lets say that the tank suddendly does something stupid and drops to 50%hp, use ToL+flashover+RF, this will not only crit heal the tank but also proc serendipity. So use your fiery at that moment so that the next heal will also be a critical heal that will proc serendipity and etc.

    there is not a set rotation, you just need a good judgemnt of your cds and when to use them.

    i usually also prefer having -30sec cd on fiery+caregivers than 5% more healing on RF. i also prefer to have break free than a crappy hot :P
    Ty for your reply shroudb

    about the RF & HI yess i have both but if u look at that zam link i posted i do not have points in Lasting incovation so it will not HoT , right?
    Must i see if i can change points around so i can get the HI and the HoTs for it ,

    Your right about the caregiver its better then the Healing flare , so i will swapping that out
    and see if i can get the CD reduction on it aswel

    u gave me some nice ideas to work with , TY
    http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa218/Demonjay/sigs/Demonmoon-demonjay.jpg

  6. #6
    Shadowlander Demonjay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KetFoH View Post
    That spec looks good. I would suggest dropping HI and the point into 1% AOE heals and put them both in Embolden, it affects your Surging Flames.

    But basically make sure you get some crit on your gear and spam RF. use your cd's on big pulls etc. Might take a little practice but when you get it you will love it.
    You are right i will be doing that i think , drop HI and just go for RF
    and then go for the embolden aswell
    thnx for the tip
    http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa218/Demonjay/sigs/Demonmoon-demonjay.jpg

  7. #7
    Shadowlander Demonjay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kramhtaed View Post
    It depends a lot on your spellpower. HI + LI heals more than RF if you let the ticks run, but as you gain SP, RF with shield starts to close in on it to the point where the points from HI/LI can be moved elsewhere.

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...zzqz.E0E00suco would be a common base for the build, with the 4 points coming out of HI/LI and going into Light Efficiency to make your AEs better when you do have to use them.

    There really isn't much of a rotation. Keep a Flashover+Latent Blaze on the tank and yourself at all times. Once you get used to the build you can cycle the rebuff into your healing and keep it up on three people at all times pretty easily (I like using serendipity procs to rebuff it, since it is considered casting a heal). By using Flashover when putting the buff on, it guarantees that when it goes off that it is a crit. Really useful for those emergency situations since it's not only a huge heal, it means that you get a serendipity proc when you need it most too. Keep Surging Flames on the tank if there's melee, if it's a ranged group, throw it on yourself.

    Ward of Ancestors before the pull, give the tank a second to get aggro, then I usually hit with Healing Breath and start into cycling RF. If you have HI/LI, you'll cycle between HI and RF so the hot has time to tick. Generally, since you're dealing with long cast times, you just keep chaining heals, even if not needed, since it may be by the end of the 3 seconds. You can break your cast just before it finishes casting if nobody has taken damage, but it's usually not needed.

    Aside from that, it's a matter of managing your cooldowns. Bad pull? Hit up Healer's Covenant to reduce damage. Healer's Haste is nice to use when HC is on cooldown. I like to use Surging Flames towards the end of HC personally, since the extra HP can be useful once he's taking full damage again.

    I also have an emergency button set up that casts Flashover, Healer's Breath, Fiery Blessing, Touch the Light, Restorative Flame. Basically a guaranteed 7k in healing in two instant cast spells, and followed up with the increased crit chance from FB and a serendipity proc in place on your next heal. 11k+ in healing in 4.5 seconds is typical here.

    For non-tank damage, I try to spot heal with Healing Breath & Healing Flare if they aren't just being topped off by Surging Flames. If there's time, use Healing Communion, if not, burst out Divine Call. As mentioned above, if you're in a ranged heavy group (good on raids) toss Surging Flames on yourself, then you can also chain quick heals on yourself turning them into AoE heals around you.

    But most importantly, play what you're comfortable with. 51 Warden puts out the most hps on a target, and has superior aoe healing, but it can struggle with burst damage. I often group with another healer who just can't stand the puri/sent build because she doesn't like watching the tank's health drop so far between heals landing. Both builds work well, as does the Warden/Sent build. This build can get really boring in T2s, though. If you have a decent tank/group (and made worse if there's a justicar hybrid in the group), you'll be watching your big 3s heals land for only a few hundred hit points, and you'll find it hard not to fall asleep, since there isn't even a rotation, just spamming RF over and over. I find I start tossing out Banish, Life's Vengeance, and even Spirit Rapture sometimes, just for something to do.

    Also, Templar is the best 0 point soul, especially for this build. With Warden, CC may not hurt as bad, since hots keep ticking. With puri/sent, if you get stunned 2s into a heal, and it's a 6s stun, then you need to land a 3s heal once you're unstunned, that's 11 seconds and probably a dead tank. The cooldowns/emergency button helps with that, but 8s is still tough for many tanks who aren't well geared, especially on bosses.
    nice that was a long read but very helpfull ty

    yess i am going to take the points out off HI and placing them somewhere els if it will be light efficiency i dont know tbh.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kramhtaed View Post
    There really isn't much of a rotation. Keep a Flashover+Latent Blaze on the tank and yourself at all times. Once you get used to the build you can cycle the rebuff into your healing and keep it up on three people at all times pretty easily (I like using serendipity procs to rebuff it, since it is considered casting a heal). By using Flashover when putting the buff on, it guarantees that when it goes off that it is a crit. Really useful for those emergency situations since it's not only a huge heal, it means that you get a serendipity proc when you need it most too. Keep Surging Flames on the tank if there's melee, if it's a ranged group, throw it on yourself.

    Ward of Ancestors before the pull, give the tank a second to get aggro, then I usually hit with Healing Breath and start into cycling RF. If you have HI/LI, you'll cycle between HI and RF so the hot has time to tick. Generally, since you're dealing with long cast times, you just keep chaining heals, even if not needed, since it may be by the end of the 3 seconds. You can break your cast just before it finishes casting if nobody has taken damage, but it's usually not needed.

    Aside from that, it's a matter of managing your cooldowns. Bad pull? Hit up Healer's Covenant to reduce damage. Healer's Haste is nice to use when HC is on cooldown. I like to use Surging Flames towards the end of HC personally, since the extra HP can be useful once he's taking full damage again.

    I also have an emergency button set up that casts Flashover, Healer's Breath, Fiery Blessing, Touch the Light, Restorative Flame. Basically a guaranteed 7k in healing in two instant cast spells, and followed up with the increased crit chance from FB and a serendipity proc in place on your next heal. 11k+ in healing in 4.5 seconds is typical here.

    For non-tank damage, I try to spot heal with Healing Breath & Healing Flare if they aren't just being topped off by Surging Flames. If there's time, use Healing Communion, if not, burst out Divine Call. As mentioned above, if you're in a ranged heavy group (good on raids) toss Surging Flames on yourself, then you can also chain quick heals on yourself turning them into AoE heals around you.
    This is fantastic m8 , great explanation with kind of a rotation or skills to use in certain situations what they do and how they work
    now i have a better view on it
    im going to try to stick to this build and make the best of it
    i think playing 51 warden for so long i just need to get into the healing of this build

    Btw can u give me your thought on Caregivers blessings and caregivers grace
    are they worth the points ?

    thnx all for the replies
    Last edited by Demonjay; 06-16-2011 at 01:02 PM.
    http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa218/Demonjay/sigs/Demonmoon-demonjay.jpg

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Optimizing RF and HI rotation to maximize hps increases your hps ~32 hps... Not really worth it. Given what you can get in sentinal for the HI points RF wins out because there are better things you can pickup when RF works just fine.

    Healer's Covenant isn't an oh **** button. A tank at 500 health will still die in the next hit with healer's covenant on him. You use that in anticipation of massive damage OR when you blow your instant cast to keep the tank sustained and it isn't enough. It is highly situational and should always ALWAYS be used if you have any reason to think about using it.

    Healer's haste is usually used in conjunction with HC, as the buff expires. Typically I use it when my usual tank gets bored and starts pulling 3-4 groups at once. Alternately, use it when there is a large amount of incomming aoe damage to heal via surging flames. HH becomes less and less used the more crit you get. That's because casting time w/ serendipity is (3-1.5*crit rate), at 30% crit with HH your average cast time drops down to 1.7s. Much more than you hit GCD speed.

    As for casting:

    Macro flashover, touch the light and RF to 1 button. Every 5min press that macro twice then cast latent blaze (you now get a 100% crit latent blaze).

    Also macro:

    cast [shift] healing breath
    cast restorative flame

    When you see the tank take more damage than you'll heal while you're finishing your cast queue up HB (shift + macro) that'll land with RF and generally between the two of them you'll do 6k healing. You also have a nice easy way to do aoe spot healing.

    Shields: I usually use those on dps who take heavy hits that HB doesn't fully heal while I wait for it to come off CD.

    Firey Blessing: massive diminishing returns once you get over 30% crit -- once you gear up drop it.

    My overall advice:

    Any of the cleric healing souls are fine for almost all content. Use whatever works.

  9. #9
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjay View Post
    nice that was a long read but very helpfull ty

    yess i am going to take the points out off HI and placing them somewhere els if it will be light efficiency i dont know tbh.



    This is fantastic m8 , great explanation with kind of a rotation or skills to use in certain situations what they do and how they work
    now i have a better view on it
    im going to try to stick to this build and make the best of it
    i think playing 51 warden for so long i just need to get into the healing of this build

    Btw can u give me your thought on Caregivers blessings and caregivers grace
    are they worth the points ?

    thnx all for the replies
    Uhh Healing Flare is actually really nice. Caregivers is garbage unless 51 Puri.
    Candy

  10. #10
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KetFoH View Post
    Uhh Healing Flare is actually really nice. Caregivers is garbage unless 51 Puri.
    They're both a waste of space, I find breath is more than adequate.
    Last edited by Afyael; 06-16-2011 at 06:00 PM.

  11. #11
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Can someone explain this comment:

    As for casting:

    Macro flashover, touch the light and RF to 1 button. Every 5min press that macro twice then cast latent blaze (you now get a 100% crit latent blaze).
    I know flashover, TTL and RF together will give you a crit instant heal. But how does that make latent blaze you put on someone 100% crit ? Isn't the crit used already by the RF ?

  12. #12
    RIFT Guide Writer Ninjahax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    I think what they're implying is that you only consume TTL and flashover for latent blaze (pressing it twice instead of 3 times) and you don't actually cast RF. You get people on both sides of the fence for macroing in a spell with the TTL and flashover macro. Some people macro just TTL and flashover together and then use their normal keybind to cast RF (or latent blaze).

  13. #13
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skar View Post
    Can someone explain this comment:



    I know flashover, TTL and RF together will give you a crit instant heal. But how does that make latent blaze you put on someone 100% crit ? Isn't the crit used already by the RF ?
    he says twice.

    if you just press the macro twice then it is just tol+flashover that trigger, meaning your next latent will have those buffs up (to be truthfull i never tried if casting blaze while under flashover will make latent crit).

    also, you can use this 1/45sec, not 1 /5min. so if you think you dont need the cd for that moment just use it on other members.

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shroudb View Post
    he says twice.

    if you just press the macro twice then it is just tol+flashover that trigger, meaning your next latent will have those buffs up (to be truthfull i never tried if casting blaze while under flashover will make latent crit).

    also, you can use this 1/45sec, not 1 /5min. so if you think you dont need the cd for that moment just use it on other members.
    Yeah sorry i didn't explain it well.

    Latent blaze is a heal, and is effected by both ToL and Fo, so you can get it to be instant cast AND 100% crit. Which makes it the best 'oh ****' reactive. As for every 5 minutes, that's just a good habit to get in so you remember the tank always has it up on them. There are very few cases where latent blazing random people is beneficial, surging flames keeps everyone healed, the exception would be stage 4 on the Earth Raid Rift -- but on that its better to LB/SF yourself stand in the middle of spam heal yourself.

    Now there's a nasty *** downside. Sometimes, on bad pulls or on undergeared tanks you can have your main heal land -- crit (4200) while they're getting slapped around (so they dip under 30% and latent blaze goes off +4500) and you've probably already queued another heal which will go off before you can stop it (yay serendipity) so you've just dropped 10+K healing on one target in under 2 seconds while the tank is trying to establish group control.

    You are gonna die.

  15. #15
    RIFT Guide Writer Ninjahax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ponytoucher View Post
    Now there's a nasty *** downside. Sometimes, on bad pulls or on undergeared tanks you can have your main heal land -- crit (4200) while they're getting slapped around (so they dip under 30% and latent blaze goes off +4500) and you've probably already queued another heal which will go off before you can stop it (yay serendipity) so you've just dropped 10+K healing on one target in under 2 seconds while the tank is trying to establish group control.

    You are gonna die.
    /cast fade

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts