+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleric tank, is shoe the best?

Soulwalker

Default Cleric tank, is shoe the best?

Ok so i read in the past that Shoe is the best cleric tanking trinket pre raid. Is this still true?

yes, it is.
    A Justicar's path is not one of ease. But, hey, we do get to hit stuff.

Yes and no. In general if you don't know what the fight is going to be like or you are going to encounter aoe damage, then yes. When 1.3 hits if the fight is not aoe damage centered or healing is not an issue, then go with Glob of Crystallized Blood as it will provide a significant amount of mitigation.
    --------------------------

I asked pretty much the same thing last week, and no one really knew. Lost Favor got some votes, I voted for the codex exalted trinket being better than lost favor, and pretty much everyone agreed that SHOE was "really good too."

But, "best"? Still waiting on the answer there.

Quote Originally Posted by Expax View Post
    Yes and no. In general if you don't know what the fight is going to be like or you are going to encounter aoe damage, then yes. When 1.3 hits if the fight is not aoe damage centered or healing is not an issue, then go with Glob of Crystallized Blood as it will provide a significant amount of mitigation.
    Actually, I believe it's Cavernous Nothing or Recaptured Knowledge.

These have 20 endurance, as well as giving 6 more spell power overall.

Just something to think about in terms of "tank" trinkets.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Paxton View Post
    Actually, I believe it's Cavernous Nothing or Recaptured Knowledge.

These have 20 endurance, as well as giving 6 more spell power overall.

Just something to think about in terms of "tank" trinkets.
    YEP
    10 char
    Candy

Prophet of Telara

the best was and still is the trinket from last boss in the 10man that heals with chance on hit for 900hp imo.

for heavy aoe fights that for some reason you lack aggro, shoe is better, but from a mitigration view, 900/being hit is better than 600-700/hit.

RIFT Community Ambassador Radak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shroudb View Post
    the best was and still is the trinket from last boss in the 10man that heals with chance on hit for 900hp imo.

for heavy aoe fights that for some reason you lack aggro, shoe is better, but from a mitigration view, 900/being hit is better than 600-700/hit.
    I have the trinket and unfortunately it hardly ever procs.
    On Infiltrator it procced an amazing 5 times (4:41min fight). That's would have been an amazing 4500 healing (minus over healing)
    However yesterday I used shoe on infiltrator and it procced 33 times (4:30 min fight). That's about 21450 self healing (minus over healing).
    (I am MT on infiltrator)

Yesterday I was 3rd place healing done on duke as MT, 2nd place on infiltator as MT, 2nd place on Oracle and melee wolf and oracle tank, and 5th place on Hylas as duke, oracle wolfs and tree tank. (I wasn't tanking on gs)
    In all cases SHoE did 30-60% of my healing done which is pretty amazing for a single trinket. (during a wipe on infiltator at 5% it didn't proc at all for some reason and I suppect a bug that I reported here: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...32-SHoE-Bugged)

However whether it's the best I am not sure on fights with hardly any aoe damage it does a pretty large amount of overhealing and a different trinket will give you more in that case.
    Last edited by Radak; 06-16-2011 at 03:11 AM.
    Cleric tanking: Justicar guide | Justicar spreadsheet and item list
    Defence is as much a part of war as offense, the shield as important a tool as the sword.

SHoE > Cavernous, and I have both.

My Livestream
    Mercenary @Mind Trick

Wait, what?

General of Telara

If you're going to equip a heal trinket then you want SHoE for sure. Been using it so far as a MT (on all raid rifts and 2 first bosses in GSB & GP) and it works pretty well. It's even better in 5-mans where you spend most of your time spamming EJ on packs of 3-5 mobs.

After 1.3 if you're going to use a physical mitigation trinket then I'd either go for the Codex one (some static end/SP + SP on use for 30 sec every 2 mins) for fights with burst phases or Lost Favor from RD expert (gives 75ish SP on heals so it should have close to 100% uptime for a justicar)
    For threat on fights without AE damage, I don't remember anything really good and would probably stick to Lost Favor for extra damage (but I'm not even sure it would generate more threat than the non-overhealing heal procs from SHoE)

And about SHoE going epic in 1.3, I'm wondering if that will make it easier to get (since you'll be able to get it from Plutonus also). With a guildmate we both ran a ****load of DSM and got our 2 drops in a total of maybe 40ish runs. With Dichrom dropping some blue rogue belt 80% of the time

Rift Master

shoes keep your feet safe

Soulwalker

Thanks for the info guys i appreciate it.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by shroudb View Post

I said pre raid. Seeing how that drops in a raid, it isn't what i am asking about

+ Reply to Thread