+ Reply to Thread

Thread: need help with cabalist spell rotation

Rift Chaser

Default need help with cabalist spell rotation

Ive been using inquistor and im trying out cabalist and realizing its much more difficult then inquis. I have it paired with 14 inquid and 1 sent.

What is my spell roation supposed to be? Do i still use vex and sanction heroic? Do i ever use shadows touch on single target?

Telaran

On single targets I tend to start off with dark water, curse of solitude, sanction, vex, decay, obliterate w/ most useful sigil (usually woe), distorted shadows. Not necessarily in that exact order but it's important to keep the DoTs going. After that I rebuild lurking decay or use bolt of depravity until it's time to refresh the DoTs.

I don't really consider this a rotation because it's variable. Eg. I might have decays available from a previous fight, or it might be beneficial to to cast maelstrom, silence, purge or nebulous haze.

On groups of 4 or more, decay + tyranny spam makes lots of stacks of yellow numbers appear all at once. When I have soul drain in a few levels I'll work that in, because it's badass. Engulfing shadows is nice too but I keep forgetting to use it.

On groups of 2-3 I usually DoT up the primary target but use bound fate and shadow's touch while waiting for obliterate to cool down.

Side note #1 : I'm enjoying cabalist more than inquisitor right now, especially in PvP. It reallyfeels like I'm spending more time playind and less time watching the cast bar fill up. It's a shame everyone says inquisitor does more DPS.
    Side note #2 : I'm currently using this spec (water jet's usefulness is really underestimated) but will try this one when I hit lv40 or so.
    Side note #3 : I should warn you that I don't parse. Someone will be along shortly to tell me I'm the worst player ever and my "rotation" is horrible. They'll also take the trouble to tell both of us we're blithering idiots to even consider using the cabalist soul.
    Last edited by Rigsta; 06-15-2011 at 06:08 PM.

Soulwalker

Cabalist is a very frustrating spec when things go wrong; boundfate ended up pulling more, not enuff mana, obliterate on cooldown, tyranny can't kill the mob.
    Go Inq.
    Or go melee with macro and mash the hell out of one button.
    Go Inq to get soul drain and vex that heals plus justicar.

I tried messing about with cabalist for dps but couldn't get it within 100dps or inquisitor. I went 51 cabalist and 15 inquis, with boosting BoD for the dot.

The best rotation I found was BoD spam with refreshing dots inbetween BoDs.

With that being said, I couldn't get it within 100 dps of inquis, and capped out at around ~700 dps. You'd think boosting death damage that much would have made for a good build, but you lose a lot on the dots so you end up falling behind. If there's a better build, I'd love to know about it.

The strength of cabalist is the bonus to death damage, which I felt only synergized with Inquis but could be wrong.
    Last edited by Mayi; 06-15-2011 at 07:36 PM.

Rift Master

Default Cab

I tried a bunch of cabalist builds and rotations, I came up with the same result. There's no way to make cabalist do steady single target dps. Its a burst spec with lots of debuffs, good only for PvP really. For PvE, 10 points is about all you'll ever need.

Rift Chaser

i was hoping cablist could do more dps than inquis on 2-3 mobs at a time since it has shadow touch. Inquis isn't the best at this unless your close to them using soul drain which defeats the purpose of being ranged.

Shield of Telara

Cab is one of the best AE dps souls. Even when attacking 2-3 mobs it is decent. It can be very good for clearing trash between bosses.

It just isn't very good single-target and you'll want to switch to a single-target spec for most bosses, etc.

+ Reply to Thread