+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleric Emergency - how to handle?

Default Cleric Emergency - how to handle?

I am starting to play a cleric in the warfronts.

I am a 32 Sentinel/28 Warden.

When you are attacked, what would you main Oh Sh**t buttons/macros be?

They say clerics survive easily, but I am not finding that I am all that invincible at 44...

I use Shield of the Ancestors (I think that's the name... from Purifier) and while that's up, put Orbs of the Stream (from Warden) on. Usually that helps me survive the initial attack, and then I use Ripple (Warden) and cast Healing Breath on myself. By then I have called out "Healer under attack at ____". Either someone comes to save you or... well...

Hope that helps.

Don't *cast* anything. Run immediately to an obstacle and get out of LoS of casters/marksmen. If there is no nearby obstacle, try to run out of range (and why weren't you standing by an obstacle?) As you run, use instants on yourself. Healer's Covenant should be first if it's a really bad situation. Healing breath is good to use ASAP too, so it will get started on its cooldown. Then start stacking warden HoTs on yourself. Healing Flood should probably be first because it will put up your 6% defense buff from sentinel. You should not have the purifier shield, as break free is a better use of a zero-point tree.
    Last edited by Stay; 06-15-2011 at 03:12 PM.

Also, as a general rune, don't try to "save" your panic buttons like you might do in PvE. HC, TTL, healing showers, break free - just blow them right up front if you recognize that you will need them. Rift PvP is very fast pace and most players frontload their damage hoping for quick kills. If you can survive the first spike, you're golden for a while afterwards.

Especially with break free, which deserves it's own paragraph. If you get stunned in front of a bunch of enemies, it's an emergency. Just use it. Now. Go. Break free, go. Don't wait to start taking damage, that's too late. Until you learn to read situations well, you'd probably be better off just instantly using it *every* time you get hit with a stun, rather than trying to save it for the right time.

Pull a few points out of sentinel and warden and put 5 points into templar, you need breakfree, detaunt and a passive -15% to incoming crit chance is a nice bonus.

When you come under pressure from someone, detaunt them first, then stack your SSx4 apply healing spray and healing flood. Your now running 3 HoT's and should be carrying a serendipity proc ready for a fast deluge.

At this point your ready to start fighting back. Waterjet spam with HoT top up's and that fast cast deluge if needed, + insta cast orbs, and healing covanent will send most people to thier grave or at least make them run away. you can often win 2 on 1's like this if they have no healing available to them.

Thanks for the advice, all.

Soulwalker

Well I do things bit different on Briarcliff.

I have 3 oh crap macros.
    And they heal alot more then warden specs. I never have mana problems.
    1st up is my protection
    macro
    cast shield of ancestors
    cast healer's covenant
    cast caregivers blessing.

1st oh crap is
    macro
    cast fiery blessing
    cast healing flare

2nd oh crap is
    macro
    cast tidal surge
    cast healing blessing.

3rd oh crap is
    macro
    cast searing transmission
    cast tough the light
    cast restorative flame

and did u notice all of these are instants. I never stand still. I dont have one spell that is not a instant. Standing still says " Hi rogues come gank me. I survive better running into the mix and just casting away never stopping. Grp heals also .

There u have it. A whole lot of big healing going on. to save my self or my teamates.
    Last edited by entreriii; 06-18-2011 at 07:02 PM.

Soulwalker

Exclamation

The gist of the replies are correct.

You want to keep Orbs of the stream on yourself and shield of the ancestors if you have purifier 0 point soul.

when you get attack spam so instant heals on yourself, and run away and Silence.

Dispel yourself as much as you can spare, many dps specs particularly in PVP revolve around a lot of DoTs

Iggy

+ Reply to Thread