+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Macros for Senticars?

Rift Disciple

Default Macros for Senticars?

Hey guys. I just added a senticar spec to my arsenal, havent even used it in combat yet but I already know I'm going to need some macros. I'm not really savvy about this stuff so I was hoping someone could either help me out or direct me to some sort of guide that tells me how to do it.

The macros I want:

First is the easiest one, I want it to cast sovreignty, life vegeance, and light bolt. Basically I want to be able to spam 1 key and have it cast sovreignty and lifes vegeance when they're up and otherwise cast light bolt.

The second one is I want a macro that targets myself, casts healing communion, then targets the tank again. That way the healing will be based on my positioning instead of the tanks and that gives me more control.

Anyone know how I can do it?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Jincks View Post
    Hey guys. I just added a senticar spec to my arsenal, havent even used it in combat yet but I already know I'm going to need some macros. I'm not really savvy about this stuff so I was hoping someone could either help me out or direct me to some sort of guide that tells me how to do it.

The macros I want:

First is the easiest one, I want it to cast sovreignty, life vegeance, and light bolt. Basically I want to be able to spam 1 key and have it cast sovreignty and lifes vegeance when they're up and otherwise cast light bolt.

The second one is I want a macro that targets myself, casts healing communion, then targets the tank again. That way the healing will be based on my positioning instead of the tanks and that gives me more control.

Anyone know how I can do it?
    I have pretty similarish macros already made - I'll paste the ones I have below, and you can edit as you see fit.

AoE heal:

#show Divine Call
    suppressmacrofailures
    target Danny
    cast Divine Call
    cast Healing Communion
    targetlasttarget

I just like to have Divine Call and HC on the same macro, you can move "cast Divine Call" above "target [self]" if wanted, since you don't need to target self - but it makes no difference.

#show Censure
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Censure
    cast Strike of Judgment
    cast Sovereignty
    cast Bolt of Radiance
    cast Life's Vengeance
    cast Banish

This is the macro I use in the run-of-the-mill Senticar spec, so I can just spam 1 if I want to build a conviction / keep Censure up (assuming no Cleric DPSers using Soul Drain are in the raid). It'll use Censure / SoJ first, if in melee range - and if you have to move out of melee range it'll cycle the insta-cast ranged life nukes, you could add Light Bolt at the end if you wanted to.
    Last edited by FatChocobo; 06-15-2011 at 02:58 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by FatChocobo View Post
    I have pretty similarish macros already made - I'll paste the ones I have below, and you can edit as you see fit.

AoE heal:

#show Divine Call
    suppressmacrofailures
    target Danny
    cast Divine Call
    cast Healing Communion
    targetlasttarget

I just like to have Divine Call and HC on the same macro, you can move "cast Divine Call" above "target [self]" if wanted, since you don't need to target self - but it makes no difference.

#show Censure
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Censure
    cast Strike of Judgment
    cast Sovereignty
    cast Bolt of Radiance
    cast Life's Vengeance
    cast Banish

This is the macro I use in the run-of-the-mill Senticar spec, so I can just spam 1 if I want to build a conviction / keep Censure up (assuming no Cleric DPSers using Soul Drain are in the raid). It'll use Censure / SoJ first, if in melee range - and if you have to move out of melee range it'll cycle the insta-cast ranged life nukes, you could add Light Bolt at the end if you wanted to.
    I usually put SoJ last in my macro, because if you are in melee range you will never use the spells after it. I'd rather use Sover and BoR in melee before SoJ.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Kersey View Post
    I usually put SoJ last in my macro, because if you are in melee range you will never use the spells after it. I'd rather use Sover and BoR in melee before SoJ.
    I considered doing that - but in fights I move around a lot, so I'd rather not end up moving out of melee range and realise that the rest of my spells are on cooldown. I guess it depends on which fight, but you're probably right that it's worth it to do that, since the worst that could happens is that one would be a GCD away, during which time I could use banish anyway.
    Last edited by FatChocobo; 06-15-2011 at 06:45 PM.

+ Reply to Thread