+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleric druid pet in pvp?

Default Cleric druid pet in pvp?

I recently hit 50, and am R2. I respecced sha/dru/temp (35/31/0) last night, and found that the dps was actually pretty decent in Port Scion (I just added my templar spec for the breakaway). I was in the top 5 dps for both sides.

Do you find the pet to be viable in wf's? I found that using the greater faerie, she doesn't do much dps and her heals were virtually non-existant. I do have the satyr, but he didn't seem to do much in the way of dps either & he ended up dead most the time. It seemed that I did a bit more dps when I didn't waste time summoning my pet when they died, and just went happily along my way. Would it make more sense to put them on passive, and just keep them at my side for their heals/buffs, or just not use them at all in wf's?
    Last edited by Tiranni; 06-15-2011 at 11:57 AM.
    Tiranni- 50 Rogue (Guardian) ~ Deliryum- 50 Cleric (Guardian) ~ Feilynne- 50 Mage (Guardian) ~ Ferocity- 50 Warrior (Defiant)

Rift Master

Default faerie

I'd suggest turning off the faerie's heals and let it do dps. Its never going to do a lot of damage, but sometimes people accidently target it, if nothing else, its worthy as a decoy. Also, do you have the AoE damage reduction talent? Might help the satyr's survival.

Sez

Bahahaha. That cat is inside a mountain dew box...

Actually, from what I've seen, the good clerics never have a pet in PvP.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Rift Disciple

I have a 51 druid spec for PvP. Large spellpower and attack power bonus between 35 druid and 51 druid for the pet. With the bonuses up and rage of the fae the greater faerie can consistently hit 1.3k a cast and I've seen her hit over 2k. The Satyr is great also and what most use and has consistent dps. The faerie is less consistent but burstier.

The main reason I have a 51 druid is for the 44 point 50% heal debuff. 15s duration, 8s cooldown. It's a reliable heal debuff. I discovered that the rest of the druid abilities are actually quite good, and going all the way to 51 for the last ability and the boosted pet damage works out well for PvP.

Strength of the Fae is worth getting (51 point ability). It's 50% damage reduction and 50% damage bonus for 10 seconds. With that and Rage of the Fae you have a lot of burst as a 51 druid in PvP. You also get a silence, which is clutch for killing healers.

I recommend 12 justicar to pair with it. That gives you another ranged attack and 2 conviction builders. You won't be spamming heals but you'll be able to build up convictions and get some passive healing rolling so you can do some burst heals from time to time. It also gives you another mana regen. The last 3 points I put into Templar.
    "The only constant in all your failed warfronts is you."
    Malorn, Cleric of The Enclave

Shadowlander

I have yet to try it out much at the 50 scene but all along the way the Satyr did lots of dps and, with Rage of the Fae up, could sometimes kill someone virtually by himself while I sat in a CC.

The pets are fragile but have what...1.5-2k hp....and that can mean 1.5-2k damage that someone on your team didn't take (yes even against AoE damage because every AoE in the game has a target limit).

I've been trying it out as of late but I keep his heals on.
    44 Druid, puri up to the self blessing and shield, rest into justi.

It works and the fairy hits hard with rage and around 500ish normally.

It's functional but you really need high valor to pull it off because your insta heals are based off you attacking since the build can afford senti.

It takes a lot of micro management (something I'm not particularly good at) and without a charge you depend on bombard and BoR quite a bit for runners.
    But with your fairy you can usually pick off runners.

Rogues are hard to deal with imo since it's a dps/spike race, which you don't have a lot of.

I still prefer shaman puri justi because it's easier to use, but 44 is more useful utility wise against mages and rdps clerics (and wardens) as well as warriors. Shaman puri justi is simply better for most encounters when you are caught solo
    Last edited by Eughe; 06-15-2011 at 01:28 PM.

The following are useful in PvP:

1) Bubble / cap / run objectives
    2) Assist others in doing 1) using shields, heals, and cleanses
    3) Kill enemy flag carriers using burst, cc, debuffs, etc.
    4) Prevent enemies from capping and assisting their flag carriers

Clerics are very good at 1). Just behind a well spec'd riftstalker. Clerics are much better than anyone else at 2). Given that those two roles are already full, there's certainly the possibility that a 44+ druid can be a flag carrier assassin. I'd suspect Inq/Just is better at AoE cc and stopping caps. Damage and cc is mixed with survivability and heals.

I dont want to say killing people without flags is useless. But really you just want to knock them around for a few seconds to focus on what's important. Like capping or burning their friend down. Random dps doesn't really win warfronts.

It's a bit ironic, but 0 templar is better for PvE than PvP. The long c/d is OK for boss fights. But in PvP, esp with DR, you're much better off with the 0 point puri shield (to bubblecap) or the 0 point sent heal. (Or even HoT + waterjet from warden).

Quote Originally Posted by Malvir View Post
    I have a 51 druid spec for PvP. Large spellpower and attack power bonus between 35 druid and 51 druid for the pet. With the bonuses up and rage of the fae the greater faerie can consistently hit 1.3k a cast and I've seen her hit over 2k. The Satyr is great also and what most use and has consistent dps. The faerie is less consistent but burstier.

The main reason I have a 51 druid is for the 44 point 50% heal debuff. 15s duration, 8s cooldown. It's a reliable heal debuff. I discovered that the rest of the druid abilities are actually quite good, and going all the way to 51 for the last ability and the boosted pet damage works out well for PvP.

Strength of the Fae is worth getting (51 point ability). It's 50% damage reduction and 50% damage bonus for 10 seconds. With that and Rage of the Fae you have a lot of burst as a 51 druid in PvP. You also get a silence, which is clutch for killing healers.

I recommend 12 justicar to pair with it. That gives you another ranged attack and 2 conviction builders. You won't be spamming heals but you'll be able to build up convictions and get some passive healing rolling so you can do some burst heals from time to time. It also gives you another mana regen. The last 3 points I put into Templar.
    I always wondered how it would fare, however to me playing a melee without a Charge/"sprint" is pointless and lacklust, especially in PvP. That is unfortunate, because there is some potential in the Druid tree for PvP as you explained. The only way to partially compensate would probably be to have a bard with improved Anathem of Competence behind, but even then, it wouldn't quite be the same.

Seen one of the R6 clerics on my cluster running around with a satyr out a lot recently. I assume he's doing it for the healing debuff as I see no other reason to be druid over shaman if you want to melee. He seems to do pretty well - but nowhere near as well as he used to do as inquisicar.

Quote Originally Posted by Stay View Post
    Seen one of the R6 clerics on my cluster running around with a satyr out a lot recently. I assume he's doing it for the healing debuff as I see no other reason to be druid over shaman if you want to melee. He seems to do pretty well - but nowhere near as well as he used to do as inquisicar.
    Yeah, but aren't there lots of other options for the healing debuff?...

Quote Originally Posted by AlexiousITA View Post
    Yeah, but aren't there lots of other options for the healing debuff?...
    Not for clerics. There's only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Stay View Post
    Not for clerics. There's only one.
    Yeah, but I meant that in a WF someone else is likely to aplly it.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by AlexiousITA View Post
    Yeah, but I meant that in a WF someone else is likely to aplly it.
    likely... not really...

maybe in a weeks time

+ Reply to Thread