+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question about Cleric tanks.....

Soulwalker

Default Question about Cleric tanks.....

Are they any good ? I want to tank with one but I keep reading and just get more confused lol Yes Im slow I spose :P but any thoughts on a soul tree ? Basically what should the main tree in the middle be or the two base souls ? I would like a build with AoE agro capability and to survive lol also
    Last edited by MissWitchy; 06-15-2011 at 11:56 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by MissWitchy View Post
    Are they any good ? I want to tank with one but I keep reading and just get more confused lol Yes Im slow I spose :P but any thoughts on a soul tree ? Basically what should the main tree in the middle be or the two base souls ? I would like a build with AoE agro capability and to survive lol also
    They're currently bad at tanking magic heavy damage fights. That's getting a bit better. Beyond that, easiest tanking mechanics in game. I'm not seeing problems with threat generation, I might have to do more than push 1 button when I'm tanking for 1200+ dpsers but meh. Compared to stuff like black ork tanking where I had a 14 button rotation this is easy.

Oh and generally speaking take what folks say on the forums with a grain of salt. There is a lot of bad theory crafting floating around.
    Last edited by Ponytoucher; 06-15-2011 at 01:09 PM.

Soulwalker

Sooo any build you would recommend ? or a tree I can look off to sorta work my way threw ?

Biggest problem pre-raid was inability to get mobs to stack.

Biggest problem in raid was (supposedly) lack of magic defense.

Both are getting addressed in 1.3

Justicar is the tanking tree. If you aren't a justicar, you aren't a tank.

I like this as my tank build. STR buff from Shaman as well as the damage reduction/heal increase tha'ts more or less mandatory for a tank. The 6 point Inquisitor armor gives more HP and mitigation too. Then as much in Justicar as possible, since you gain more armor mitigation for each point you spend.

I don't find the 51 point ability to be terribly useful and Doctrine of Valiance is utterly worthless, so that's why that point is the one I don't use. It's being eliminated in 1.3 though, so I may look at rejiggering my build then.

+ Reply to Thread