+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Clerics are upset with patch 1.3

Rift Disciple

Default Why Clerics are upset with patch 1.3

So first off, mana regen is, and always has been (mostly) a non issue. It was a reasonable way to keep our mana up during a fight but if it was removed it would probably simply put an 'enrage' timer on all bosses with clerics healing. However the change seems nothing more than a nut-punch to an already ill-played calling. Chloros would also be more sought after than they already are, but that is another matter.

The crux of the issue is that clerics have been ignored for 3 patches now. The changes that were made in patch 1.2 were so negliglbe as to be non-existant and there was a great deal of feedback indicating that this was the case, with absolutely no changes made to the actual patch when it was released.

Patch 1.3 comes out and we recieve much of the same. Granted purifier was buffed, but purifier already had it's niche within certain categories of boss fights that required specific timing of cooldowns. The changes you propose to the justicar are negligible. No one will say : yay now I can tank as a cleric! Because clerics will still have threat issues against multiple opponents, and still have terrible magic mitigation. This is precisely what happened in patch 1.2, where there was a very minor fix to inquistors, nearly every cleric in the community repeatedly explained that this was a neglible change and it still went through.

Guess what is going to happen with 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5? All the same garbage.

What makes this even more amusing is that I think trion is ignoring us because we make up the smallest percentage of the player base. So let's go ahead and give them what they have been asking for and remove all clerics from the game entirely. If you have a main cleric I highly recommend clicking the cancel-subscription button. You don't need to quit or anything, you can keep playing until trion fixes this. Or if you have another character just stop playing your cleric altogether.

It is my guess it will take several more patches (probably a month or two) before they stop listening to the pvp whiners and do something to make clerics viable for something other than heals (and apparently decreasingly poor heals at that). Personally I no longer care. My sub ends july the 9th, and by the time something is done The Old Republic will be out, and my patience with trion will be over.

Sign this if you agree, (or better yet just hit unsubscribe).

Telaran

Default awwww

poor thing. just quit it. Cleric is the best overall toon in the game. no one solos like em, no one heals like em, dps is very sufficient, and tanking is getting a buff. wth man? methinks you must be trollin.
    WoWs design and culture encourage you to ask the question:
    What job do I want to do today? Okay, what tools do I want to use to do it?
    City and Rift have a design that encourages you to ask:
    What toys do I want to play with today?
    quoted from l2pnoob
    try to remember how to play. Play man, just Play. like, mud pies and hot wheels.

Clerics are upset with patch 1.3 because they are forum posters, and patch 1.3 is a patch.

Forum posters are upset with a patch. Go figure.

Telaran

Really? If you really, truly have that many mana issues healing just put 11 inq in your build and use it for nothing but Aggressive Renewal. As for the rest, yeah chloros are better group healers, but we still fill that role just fine. What's more we can fill every role currently available albeit we're bad tanks and pretty weak at ranged dps. With good healer builds and excellent support and dps options, there are all sorts of reasons to run a cleric in your group. If they break warriors, what can they do but tank, and why would you ever want more than one?

The reason we're not seeing much change except for some tweaks to our tanking is because, in general, our class works and is balanced. The classes that don't work are the ones that are going to see changes.

- Mana regen has always been an issue. It has simply been made more of an issue now. Unless you were in full T2 gear though, you won't likely notice a difference.

- Clerics have been in every major patch and in many of the minor ones. If anything, we've been reduced in power consistently but I think overall balance is still in our favor.

- Purifiers have received a raid buff - that's it. Justicar are getting an AE pull, which still remains to be fully tested. I think the cooldown is rather long and our magic resist is still 10 points too low but it's progress.

- Clerics are FAR from the lowest percentage of the playerbase. It would depend on your server but I would say Clerics are the most used class in the game.

- Should clerics be the best at all 4 roles? We are certainly the best healers, pretty decent tanks, above average off-heals and better DPS than warriors. I know of no other soul that can solo elites as easily as a Cleric.

Clerics are upset with 1.3 because it further trivializes the core stat of the class - if they are upset at all. Look at the forum and count the number of posts that say we are broken compared to the other 3 classes. I think we can do without Chicken Little.

Telaran

I'm leveling a Warrior as my main. It gets most of my attention and is always wearing the latest armor for its level (I craft it).

My Cleric "alt" is ahead on levels, almost by accident. How? Because Clerics rock. I can AOE the crap out of large groups, clear a quest area and walk around picking up the quest items. Then I can go into a Dungeon and heal or DPS. I haven't bothered tanking yet.

And they somehow almost nerfed DPS Warriors into oblivion, but they might fix it before 1.3 releases (crossed fingers).

So, ummm, yeah... Clerics are fine. Rogues are apparently fine. I don't understand the Mage Chloro changes but I don't play a Mage.

My Cleric, heck and probably my Rogue, will hit 50 before my main.

Sorry, I can't sign your petition.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Asmiroth View Post
    -Look at the forum and count the number of posts that say we are broken compared to the other 3 classes. I think we can do without Chicken Little.
    Thank you for re-iterating my point. Trion ignores clerics because we are the smallest population of people. Just look at the number of posts in each respective forum, and then calculate how many are liken to the three ******bags up top that are just trolling so we don't compete for their raid spot, or kill them in pvp.

Saying that tanking is receiving a buff is like saying hey my paper mache doll is getting an extra coating of paint, let's use that to tank the oncoming horde instead of your bulldozer. And just fyi, patterns tend to repeat themselves. Trion is not going to change anything that they haven't already posted about this patch. If they do I will happily resubscribe. It is no skin off my back either way.
    Last edited by CdrRogdan; 06-15-2011 at 11:51 AM.

Default If it ain't broke....

I am VERY happy with my CLERIC, and even happier there have not been, and hopefully never will be, any significant changes in 1.3 or 1.4 etc.

Why?

I cannot say the same for my ROG/MAG/WAR that they have "tinkered' with, not that the changes were horrible persay, RIFT is still a great way to waste time, just think all the "tweaks" are unsustainable as they try to balance PVE and PVP issues

my 2 cents
    Mick Jagged
    HAVOC

Some people, like the OP, say that clerics are ignored and neglected. Others prefer to not be tampered with after seeing what some attention to your class can result in (mages, warriors). I side with the latter group. The less attention we get, the better because (most) things are working pretty well compared to our cloth/leather/plate counterparts.

Shadowlander

As a cleric raid tank I disagree. I think the changes to 1.3 for the Justicar soul are amazing and I can't wait to try them out on live.

Currently, I can tank multiple mobs or single bosses. There are specs for everything! The changes will only make me a better tank.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by CdrRogdan View Post
    So first off, mana regen is, and always has been (mostly) a non issue. It was a reasonable way to keep our mana up during a fight but if it was removed it would probably simply put an 'enrage' timer on all bosses with clerics healing. However the change seems nothing more than a nut-punch to an already ill-played calling. Chloros would also be more sought after than they already are, but that is another matter.

The crux of the issue is that clerics have been ignored for 3 patches now. The changes that were made in patch 1.2 were so negliglbe as to be non-existant and there was a great deal of feedback indicating that this was the case, with absolutely no changes made to the actual patch when it was released.

Patch 1.3 comes out and we recieve much of the same. Granted purifier was buffed, but purifier already had it's niche within certain categories of boss fights that required specific timing of cooldowns. The changes you propose to the justicar are negligible. No one will say : yay now I can tank as a cleric! Because clerics will still have threat issues against multiple opponents, and still have terrible magic mitigation. This is precisely what happened in patch 1.2, where there was a very minor fix to inquistors, nearly every cleric in the community repeatedly explained that this was a neglible change and it still went through.

Guess what is going to happen with 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5? All the same garbage.

What makes this even more amusing is that I think trion is ignoring us because we make up the smallest percentage of the player base. So let's go ahead and give them what they have been asking for and remove all clerics from the game entirely. If you have a main cleric I highly recommend clicking the cancel-subscription button. You don't need to quit or anything, you can keep playing until trion fixes this. Or if you have another character just stop playing your cleric altogether.

It is my guess it will take several more patches (probably a month or two) before they stop listening to the pvp whiners and do something to make clerics viable for something other than heals (and apparently decreasingly poor heals at that). Personally I no longer care. My sub ends july the 9th, and by the time something is done The Old Republic will be out, and my patience with trion will be over.

Sign this if you agree, (or better yet just hit unsubscribe).
    There is nothing wrong with clerics. Your gameplay ability on the other hand...

In one raid (RoS), I am able to get 3rd on DPS (plutonus, 1415 DPS WITHOUT CIPHER, using 32/24/11), top HPS (Herald, as Senticar) and solo tank heal (Alsbeth, 51 point Puri). In a guild that has been farming T3 content for 2 months.

lr2play, and you'll be ok

Plane Touched

As a PvE cleric healer and DPS in the top Defiant guild on the second highest population server, a major contributor to cleric theorycraft and a long-time competitive MMO healer, I submit that clerics are in an excellent position and the 1.3 regen nerfs are merited.

Fact is, if you're having problems with mana, you're probably not specced/assigned properly for the encounter.

Clerics who complain about 1.3 are acting like the rich child who cries over a stolen lollipop. What do you care about a lollipop? You have a 50 million trust fund. Look at the bigger picture.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by CdrRogdan View Post
    Thank you for re-iterating my point. Trion ignores clerics because we are the smallest population of people. Just look at the number of posts in each respective forum, and then calculate how many are liken to the three ******bags up top that are just trolling so we don't compete for their raid spot, or kill them in pvp.

Saying that tanking is receiving a buff is like saying hey my paper mache doll is getting an extra coating of paint, let's use that to tank the oncoming horde instead of your bulldozer. And just fyi, patterns tend to repeat themselves. Trion is not going to change anything that they haven't already posted about this patch. If they do I will happily resubscribe. It is no skin off my back either way.
    Lack of posts means that the general Cleric population is happy if anything. People mostly post to whine or qq, the constructive and positive posts are rare and few.

The mana changes are going to be tuned so that Cleric healers in 1.3 gear won't trivialize the need to manage mana due to the amount of mp5 they get compared to the cost of heals. Unless Trion makes every one of our spells cost a percentage mana cost rather than static, tweaking mp5 amount is the right way to go.

Ascendant

There's no Cleric QQ'ing because there doesn't need to be. Another classic case of "hey guys, this is rock. paper needs a nerf. scissors is ok".

Look at any classes forums and you'll see threads about the other classes being OP. I play a Warrior and Cleric - Clerics are more than fine.
    Hitme (W) - Byriel - Dark Horizon
    Darane (C) - Faeblight - Knights of Septoria

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Slpnshot View Post
    Lack of posts means that the general Cleric population is happy if anything. People mostly post to whine or qq, the constructive and positive posts are rare and few.

The mana changes are going to be tuned so that Cleric healers in 1.3 gear won't trivialize the need to manage mana due to the amount of mp5 they get compared to the cost of heals. Unless Trion makes every one of our spells cost a percentage mana cost rather than static, tweaking mp5 amount is the right way to go.
    so much this. lack of posts does not mean a lack of players. And honestly, OP, you know this too. Thou art trollin. If you say you never see Clerics in game, thou art lying. Cleric is fine. And you know it. Just quit it. I don't think anyone believes you when you say that you think they are not, honestly.
    WoWs design and culture encourage you to ask the question:
    What job do I want to do today? Okay, what tools do I want to use to do it?
    City and Rift have a design that encourages you to ask:
    What toys do I want to play with today?
    quoted from l2pnoob
    try to remember how to play. Play man, just Play. like, mud pies and hot wheels.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast