+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Souls and Roles (Some questions :C)

Default Souls and Roles (Some questions :C)

Firstly, I intend to be a healer. Thats just what I'm good at, if it's possible, I actually suck at DPS xD
    Before I start leveling theres a few things that I would like to know :3

1. If I choose souls 1/2/3 (all focused on DPS or something), can I switch to 4/5/6 (all healing/support) later on in the game?
    The reason for this is that I want to be able to level solo, but have the ability to heal in minor dungeons until the late 40's, where I'll switch to a pure healing build. Is this possible?

2. If it is possible, starting from level 1, what should my Leveling spec be? Melee cleric sounds fun but honestly, whatever has more survivability AND speed would make me happy.

3. Which healing build would be best for someone who enjoyed playing as a healing paladin in WoW, not too keen on HoTs, love AOE healing and direct heals :3 I don't need DPS, I want to be a dedicated healer endgame

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Eremis View Post
    Firstly, I intend to be a healer. Thats just what I'm good at, if it's possible, I actually suck at DPS xD
    Before I start leveling theres a few things that I would like to know :3

1. If I choose souls 1/2/3 (all focused on DPS or something), can I switch to 4/5/6 (all healing/support) later on in the game?
    The reason for this is that I want to be able to level solo, but have the ability to heal in minor dungeons until the late 40's, where I'll switch to a pure healing build. Is this possible?

2. If it is possible, starting from level 1, what should my Leveling spec be? Melee cleric sounds fun but honestly, whatever has more survivability AND speed would make me happy.

3. Which healing build would be best for someone who enjoyed playing as a healing paladin in WoW, not too keen on HoTs, love AOE healing and direct heals :3 I don't need DPS, I want to be a dedicated healer endgame

Thanks in advance!

1) Yes, they offer 5 roles you can switch to at the same time, first two are pretty cheap, so you can have a leveling spec and heal spec from 13 on (13 is when you get more souls)

2) Its been 3 months since i leveld and i did 51pt shaman but that was at headstart before much theorycrafting. others might give better answers but ive heard Inqis with the Vex heal is nice, or something called the Duracell spec maybe. Research the forum or wait for others to answer on this.

you cant go wrong 1-25 really as its easy

3) 34sent/32Purifier is a pretty standard healer. Very similar to a Holy Paladin (mixed with a little disc priest) Your main heal puts a shield on the target (like mastery healing in cata), you get a bubble you can cast on players, and at 31pt purifier your overheals on 1 target will heal 5 nearby players.

You have a Restorative flame(3sec cast) like divine light(or old holy light), and a 1.5sec cast which is like the Cataclysm holy light. you have a holy shock style spell called healing breath, and numerous cooldowns at your disposal: Next spell crit, next spell instant, 5spells 30% faster, 5spells increased crit, 40% reduction on a target, and a spell that heals target if they drop below 30% hp

also comes with 2 Aoe Heal spells which are plenty to cover any extra damage in dungeons

Quote Originally Posted by Quietmode View Post
    1) Yes, they offer 5 roles you can switch to at the same time, first two are pretty cheap, so you can have a leveling spec and heal spec from 13 on (13 is when you get more souls)

2) Its been 3 months since i leveld and i did 51pt shaman but that was at headstart before much theorycrafting. others might give better answers but ive heard Inqis with the Vex heal is nice, or something called the Duracell spec maybe. Research the forum or wait for others to answer on this.

you cant go wrong 1-25 really as its easy

3) 34sent/32Purifier is a pretty standard healer. Very similar to a Holy Paladin (mixed with a little disc priest) Your main heal puts a shield on the target (like mastery healing in cata), you get a bubble you can cast on players, and at 31pt purifier your overheals on 1 target will heal 5 nearby players.

You have a Restorative flame(3sec cast) like divine light(or old holy light), and a 1.5sec cast which is like the Cataclysm holy light. you have a holy shock style spell called healing breath, and numerous cooldowns at your disposal: Next spell crit, next spell instant, 5spells 30% faster, 5spells increased crit, 40% reduction on a target, and a spell that heals target if they drop below 30% hp

also comes with 2 Aoe Heal spells which are plenty to cover any extra damage in dungeons
    Thankyou so much for replying! I didn't know if anyone would xD And that definitely sounds like what I'm looking for; a paladin I'm trying the Inqu/Caba roles now, the DoTs are nice, just not sure I'm enjoying it xD I'll keep at it for a while and see how I go, and also wait to see if anyone else has some opinions xD

Also wondering if I should switch from Guardian to Defiant o.o Although I read somewhere that Guardian has plenty of healers, defiants do not, but are more disorganised. No idea if this is true, I want to be needed 8D But not if it means 90% of the time, the people I'm with wont know what their doing D: Strictly PVE ftw :3

The Justicar sul is what I would call a proper Paladin from any game. Melee fighter, with some support heals.

Anything with Justicar is viable for levelling, tbh. I went 12 (or 14? I dont remember) in justicar, with leftover points in Shaman. At 26 or something I switched to 18 just/14 inq and any other points till now have been put in shaman, trying to follow the duracell build

Imho, Just/Shammy till 30, respec to Just/Inq, rest in shammy. You wont regret it

BTW this build also allows you to be great at support, in the cases you queue for a dungeon and end as support instead of healer

+ Reply to Thread