+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DoL question

Default DoL question

What is the Exact range on the "nearby"? And is this effected by the +3yard range from sentinel?

I've been considering getting it because i hate my AoE heals not reaching some people when we get too spread out on greenscale, hylas, or alsbeth.

Any thoughts?

[I run inqisicar if that helps at all]

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Quietmode View Post
    What is the Exact range on the "nearby"? And is this effected by the +3yard range from sentinel?

I've been considering getting it because i hate my AoE heals not reaching some people when we get too spread out on greenscale, hylas, or alsbeth.

Any thoughts?

[I run inqisicar if that helps at all]
    ive done a bit of testing on this, using inquisicar. On Alsbeth, it was reaching melee DPS at the far pillar, where i was not able to single target heal any of them. So, range is pretty far. Not sure if its intended to go that far, but it does.

RIFT Community Ambassador Radak's Avatar

Currently DoL seems to heal the 10 players closest to you even if they are are full health.
    I noticed this a couple of times in raids when we are grouped up and some people wouldn't get healed even when everyone was at full health. And it was because they stood a bit more to the side resulting in them being the furthest target.
    Cleric tanking: Justicar guide | Justicar spreadsheet and item list
    Defence is as much a part of war as offense, the shield as important a tool as the sword.

Hmm, that might make sense, ive always noticed some people not getting healed when i swear they were in range. just assumed the range was worse then i thought, thats why i wanted to pick up that talent

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Radak View Post
    Currently DoL seems to heal the 10 players closest to you even if they are are full health.
    I noticed this a couple of times in raids when we are grouped up and some people wouldn't get healed even when everyone was at full health. And it was because they stood a bit more to the side resulting in them being the furthest target.

from what i can tell, its purely random 10/20. As I stated above, I had it healing melee on the opposite side of the alsbeth platform, while there were 10+ ranged/healers/tanks much closer. I wish that AoE heals all worked the same, as some appear to heal only those who are hurt, some heal the closest group members, and some seem to be totally random

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Radak View Post
    I've noticed something similar. This is why I spam HC more often than DoL in my senticar spec nowadays...

I guess there is a downside for DoL, it does need one though. Ive used HC sparingly, might work it in a bit more

+ Reply to Thread