+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue vs. Dps Cleric

Default Rogue vs. Dps Cleric

Who would win in a 1v1 between a rogue and a dps cleric ?!? Thinking assassin vs. shaman/justicar spec.

Is this a duel or a competition in dps? Duel I'd say shamicar. Dps race...why would you spec shaman/justicar?
    Edit - just realized you're the one who was complaining about clerics everywhere. Sounds like you're considering rolling one.
    Last edited by Ninjahax; 06-14-2011 at 11:34 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Who would win in a 1v1 between a rogue and a dps cleric ?!? Thinking assassin vs. shaman/justicar spec.
    Why give the rogue a chance? Put on your tanking gear and start laughing.

Sez

Open ended post designed to start a flame war.

Yay, quick, everyone post here.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post
    Is this a duel or a competition in dps? Duel I'd say shamicar. Dps race...why would you spec shaman/justicar?
    Edit - just realized you're the one who was complaining about clerics everywhere. Sounds like you're considering rolling one.
    If you can't beat 'em...

Quote Originally Posted by Ponytoucher View Post
    Why give the rogue a chance? Put on your tanking gear and start laughing.
    Yes but I play on a pvp realm and questing in tank gear just to fend off rogues, isn't a good ideea.

Yeah, in a duel, wpvp, wf. An assassin gets the jump on you. Who has the better odds between assassin or shaman/justicar with a 2hander ?
    Last edited by Chomag; 06-14-2011 at 11:39 AM.

If you can't beat 'em...
    Then QQ about them til they're nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post
    Then QQ about them til they're nerfed.
    That hardly ever helps.

Shadowlander

If you can't beat 'em...

Yes but I play on a pvp realm and questing in tank gear just to fend off rogues, isn't a good ideea.

Yeah, in a duel, wpvp, wf. An assassin gets the jump on you. Who has the better odds between assassin or shaman/justicar with a 2hander ?

If you're worried about getting ganked while leveling, its not gonna matter what your class/spec is. Level 50 anything will kick your face in while you are doing quests.

Quote Originally Posted by ECRodent View Post
    If you're worried about getting ganked while leveling, its not gonna matter what your class/spec is. Level 50 anything will kick your face in while you are doing quests.
    I know. I'm not refering to high levels. Most gankes I've seen are just levelers in that area.

Xsi

If you can't beat 'em...

p6 against p6, cleric wins (or rather cleric draws out match until help arrives if tank cleric or kills the rogue after around 20 seconds)

p6 rogue against p3-4 or less cleric, rogue wins (unless the cleric times a detaunt perfectly and "jump hop" kites)

(solo/no outside help besides buff in a warfront) - happens almost consistently when I'm in Codex - it's very very predictable at this point after the first 3 GCDs, I know if I'm going to win/lose but there is no point in running because Slip Away/run downtime doesn't matter compared to a rez point renewal

EDIT: If a cleric openly tries to melee you down, you need to range/disarm the cleric.
    Last edited by Xsi; 06-14-2011 at 11:51 AM.
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

Quote Originally Posted by Xsi View Post
    p6 against p6, cleric wins (or rather cleric draws out match until help arrives if tank cleric or kills the rogue after around 20 seconds)

p6 rogue against p3-4 or less cleric, rogue wins (unless the cleric times a detaunt perfectly and "jump hop" kites)

(solo/no outside help besides buff in a warfront) - happens almost consistently when I'm in Codex - it's very very predictable at this point after the first 3 GCDs, I know if I'm going to win/lose but there is no point in running because Slip Away/run downtime doesn't matter compared to a rez point renewal

EDIT: If a cleric openly tries to melee you down, you need to range/disarm the cleric.
    So...rogue usually wins.

Comes down to specific builds and timing of cds. A rogue would most likely win.

Telaran

actually, with something like the duracell cleric build, questing in tank gear is not too bad. and you will just annihilate a rogue (sneaky sin type) might have some trouble with a good mm but meh. can't win em all. but you should. tank gear plus a big 2h'r
    WoW’s design and culture encourage you to ask the question:
    What job do I want to do today? Okay, what tools do I want to use to do it?
    City and Rift have a design that encourages you to ask:
    What toys do I want to play with today?
    quoted from l2pnoob
    try to remember how to play. Play man, just Play. like, mud pies and hot wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyyoji View Post
    actually, with something like the duracell cleric build, questing in tank gear is not too bad. and you will just annihilate a rogue (sneaky sin type) might have some trouble with a good mm but meh. can't win em all. but you should. tank gear plus a big 2h'r
    Dueled a rogue a couple of times around level 27. He got me everytime. It wasn't humiliating or anything but never could get his last 33% hp off. Had the duracell build and even used glacial shield before he opened.
    Last edited by Chomag; 06-15-2011 at 01:28 PM.

Not good at rogue specs, but assassins are the silly melee ones who don't use healing debuffs, right?

Those never kill me in my Inquis/Justi PvP spec. Never. Usually not even 2v1 or 3v1. Although they can kill the cabalist spec 1v1 if they do it right and/or oblit and CoS are on cooldown when it starts.

Rogues who can kill the inquisicar 1v1 are usually something stacking a healing debuff with anathema. Or else MMs with really high damage who also use anathema, and catch me in open LoS.

+15% armor
    -15% dmg taken
    and
    20%+ (cap) parry

from justicar are a huge difference vs any melee. The duracell build does not get all of them. If melee is a problem, make a build that does get all of them.

edit: just realized the OP is one of the epic anti-cleric ragers from other forums. :/ Props for at least trying it out if it seems strong though, instead of just (continuing to) rage ignorantly from afar. Just . . . please don't post any stupid "LOL TOLD U SO" threads based on lowbie PvP. It's lowbie PvP, man. Half the people can't even tell what class they're fighting.
    Last edited by Stay; 06-15-2011 at 02:20 PM.

+ Reply to Thread