+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Did I do something wrong? Or was it the tank?

Default Did I do something wrong? Or was it the tank?

So I was running DSM with this one tank, normally I dont have any trouble healing in dungeons with any tank except this one. Level 26 the first time and then 27 the second, both as purifier/sent builds with the same exact tank. I am not sure why, but this tank just kept dropping.

First attempt with this guy.
    Did fine, wiped on some trash because he took way too much damage. Eventually got to the second boss and he just kept dropping. Even with myself spamming RF, all my CDs and having a Chloro and Bard off healing, this tank just kept dropping.

Second attempt.
    Did better, we actually completed the run this time but I spammed the 1.5 second one instead because he still kept dropping if I spammed RF.

Only difference in my spec is 1 level. Gear didnt change too much (all blues and purples except for 2 greens which were shoes and accessory) and he had nothing but blues and purples that I assume were PvP gear. I cant figure out why he kept dropping. RF heals for 70% more and puts a shield on compared to the 1.5s heal. Is it his spec that is causing him to drop? He did have the gall to say that he is a raid tank, not a dungeon tank which gave me the idea that it might be his spec rather than my healing (he then said that all purifier heals grant shields which is only situationally true). My spec was purifier till Latent Blaze (had that up all the time) and the rest in sentinel.

Was I doing anything wrong? Or was it him? I have never had any problems in the past healing as a purifier unless the tank was total garbage.

Sounds like you already know. Need some validation anyway? OK, I will do that: not your fault.

Just didnt know if I really was doing wrong. My 1.5 cast should not be able to keep him up if RF cant. Last garbage tank I had was in RoTF where everyone is garbage because its low levels. Found out there it was my spec rather than just the tank. Also your picture makes me hungry >.>
    Last edited by Morithin; 06-13-2011 at 02:53 PM.

Telaran

The mobs in DSM hit a lot harder than any of the previous dungeons. If you are not prepared for this it definitely is shocking how fast a tank can drop. You didn't mention the class of the tank but if its a rogue they are hit even harder until they get their buffs up. I leveled my cleric with my brother as a rogue and we did it fine but mainly because my main is a rogue tank and I knew what to expect so I preloaded shields and heals so that RF hit half a second after he got agro. More than likely its neither persons fault and just a fact that DSM is harder than you were used to in other dungeons.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Morithin View Post
    So I was running DSM with this one tank, normally I dont have any trouble healing in dungeons with any tank except this one. Level 26 the first time and then 27 the second, both as purifier/sent builds with the same exact tank. I am not sure why, but this tank just kept dropping.

First attempt with this guy.
    Did fine, wiped on some trash because he took way too much damage. Eventually got to the second boss and he just kept dropping. Even with myself spamming RF, all my CDs and having a Chloro and Bard off healing, this tank just kept dropping.

Second attempt.
    Did better, we actually completed the run this time but I spammed the 1.5 second one instead because he still kept dropping if I spammed RF.

Only difference in my spec is 1 level. Gear didnt change too much (all blues and purples except for 2 greens which were shoes and accessory) and he had nothing but blues and purples that I assume were PvP gear. I cant figure out why he kept dropping. RF heals for 70% more and puts a shield on compared to the 1.5s heal. Is it his spec that is causing him to drop? He did have the gall to say that he is a raid tank, not a dungeon tank which gave me the idea that it might be his spec rather than my healing (he then said that all purifier heals grant shields which is only situationally true). My spec was purifier till Latent Blaze (had that up all the time) and the rest in sentinel.

Was I doing anything wrong? Or was it him? I have never had any problems in the past healing as a purifier unless the tank was total garbage.
    You have to interrupt Death Blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponytoucher View Post
    You have to interrupt Death Blast.
    this.

if the tank or dps don't do this, it's not your fault. they obviously didn't know the encounter.
    the rogue community in general --
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    I'm sure they still thinks Slip Away is "Off the GCD"- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    Hidden Veil and Slip Away don't save lives- Vybz
    simonirl 50cleric dayblind

I saw a tank once who was wearing some leather.

He wasn't a rogue
    Last edited by Chomag; 06-14-2011 at 11:19 AM.

Sword of Telara

you're right on the money with your spec. I ran DSM as a VK/pally/WL on my alt, and managed to clear the whole thing with a bard healing.

A bard.

Tell your tank to put 25 into VK up through the + magic resist, 10 into WL for SO/BA, and the rest into pally.

Soulwalker

Try changing your spec?

Warden/ Sent works a bit better. The HOTs (healing spray, healing current, and soothing stream stacked X4) keep the tank up if you carefully manage them, and then you have stuff like Healing Breath and Healing Grace in Sent tree for those more Oh **** moments.
    Plus with alot of this build, you have alot of instant casts, which allows you to move freely and heal.

Then for group healing, you have the instant cast HOT Healing Flood (warden) and castable Healing communion.

I was working with a Sent/Pur spec for most of the game, and i was struggling to keep the tank up, then someone told me to go warden/sent and its much better

I have a lvl 50 cleric, and i went from struggling with Sent/ Pur in expert dungeons, to solo healing with the Ward/Sent

just think about it...it worked wonders for me
    Last edited by dancechik1704; 06-14-2011 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dancechik1704 View Post
    Try changing your spec?

Warden/ Sent works a bit better. The HOTs (healing spray, healing current, and soothing stream stacked X4) keep the tank up if you carefully manage them, and then you have stuff like Healing Breath and Healing Grace in Sent tree for those more Oh **** moments.
    Plus with alot of this build, you have alot of instant casts, which allows you to move freely and heal.

Then for group healing, you have the instant cast HOT Healing Flood (warden) and castable Healing communion.

I was working with a Sent/Pur spec for most of the game, and i was struggling to keep the tank up, then someone told me to go warden/sent and its much better

I have a lvl 50 cleric, and i went from struggling with Sent/ Pur in expert dungeons, to solo healing with the Ward/Sent

The tank was a warrior. I didnt know about the death blast so I will keep that in mind next time I run that instance.

I was running warden back during RoTF and was reading that says Puri was the way to go when leveling so I did. So far no troubles except with this one tank. I will try it out though, see how that works now. Do you suggest more points into warden or sent?

i don't think you can call any specc at lvl 26/27a raid-specced one.

Ask him next time you run with him (if you dare to try^^) what souls he is using, if hes using one soul thats not voidknight/Paladin/Reaver/Warlord (and has points in that), than you have your answer.

Did you take a look at the stats of the gear he used? Blue/Purple is still only minor usefull if it is dps-gear (less endurance, no block/parry/dodge). Not sure about PVP-gear through (but would think there is better for tanking than that)
    DawN of a New Day
    addicted to

Telaran

I've recently gave up on my 50 Rogue and started a Cleric and Mage alt. Healed DSM with both. Trust me its not you. I've wiped more times in DSM than any other dungeon combined. In fact, my most recent encounter with DSM the tank (26 Warrior I think) wiped on the first trash pull. I think its a combination of inexperience, bad gear, bad spec and DSM mobs hit like a truck.

Reb
    Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by dancechik1704 View Post
    Try changing your spec?

I second this. My cleric is 43 now and I use sent/ward which I got here as a pvp spec healer. However, I find it much better as pve also with all the warden hots. I still have the sent/puri but have been considering changing that as I don't really see much that the puri brings to the party.

I will admit though that I just may be more comfortable with the type of healing options in the sent/ward spec than the other. But use what works for you.

And, the tank was not good. If my tank dies on the first pull, i usually drop and find something more interesting to do.

I played a sent/puri build for a little bit but really disliked it. I felt like HI was not actually doing that much of a heal compared to RF but that might be a level thing and how mobs my level dont beat through shield that fast.

I will have to try the Sent/Ward out to see if I liked it. Last time I played with Warden was early game, and I switched to Puri because it worked better at the level. So maybe now that I actually have points to put into it (31 now) I can really utilize Warden and make it that much more awesome. Plus Cascade cant hurt on those fights where I dont have enough mana to heal through (but that might be because I spam HF or RF).

Yeah, I dont know the tanks spec at all. All I know is that I ran it with a Cleric who was 3 levels higher and he hardly took any damage the entire run. Did darkening deeps with a RS rogue and she hardly took any damage. His gear was all plate so I assumed that it would be itemized for tanking because thats sort of how it works for clerics right?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Morithin View Post
    He did have the gall to say that he is a raid tank, not a dungeon tank which gave me the idea that it might be his spec rather than my healing (he then said that all purifier heals grant shields which is only situationally true). My spec was purifier till Latent Blaze (had that up all the time) and the rest in sentinel.

I would have asked him what exactly he planned on raiding in his 20s.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast