+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 51 Warden - To Healing Spray or Not to Healing Spray?

Rift Disciple

Default 51 Warden - To Healing Spray or Not to Healing Spray?

I know that people go back and forth on this one, and I'll be honest, I haven't done the math. However, now that my Spell Power is higher (1249 self-buffed), it seems more clear to me that it's worth keeping Healing Spray in my rotation.

Without ebb & flow or anything else up, it ticks 7 times for 232 (and of those 7 ticks, I average about 2 crits for 348 per cycle).

So 1624-1856 total healed, and I don't refresh it until it's at 0-1 seconds left.

That combined with the benefit it adds to Deluge makes it worthwhile to me.

Thoughts?

Soulwalker

Exclamation

I keep it in my rotation. Healing flood Ripple + healing spray is nice in pvp. I'm wondering if a four stack of that other instant counts as one or as four when deluging.

It counts as four stacks, and yes I would suggest to keep Healing Spray in your rotation for PvE single-target healing for higher HPS

Ascendant

Anyone done the math to figure out how much SP you need to make it worth it? I'm assuming the SP is much lower if you're running a 51 warden build. As 38/28, I'm guessing it'll never be worth it?
    Hitme (W) - Byriel - Dark Horizon
    Darane (C) - Faeblight - Knights of Septoria

Telaran

I don't use spray very often. It doesnt really fit in my single-target rotation (soothing stream, healing current, deluge, healing current, deluge, /repeat). If I think another HoT is needed to maximize deluge healing, I'd rather cast healing flood in a boss fight.

Ascendant

I didn't bother with healing spray. Regardless of how much it heals, it got in the way of my rotation.

I would run SS, Deluge, HC, Deluge, HC, repeat. Adding healing spray in there meant there was an extra GCD between deluges and I found more deluges = better.

After messing about with single target rotations, the best single target for wardens is:

soothing stream x4

deluge
    healing current
    deluge
    healing spray
    soothing stream

Looking at the hps comparisons, you're better off removing healing current out of your rotation then healing spray. Healing current barely heals a little bit more then healing spray, and takes more time to cast. It's a larger hps per cast time.
    Last edited by Mayi; 06-21-2011 at 04:04 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    After messing about with single target rotations, the best single target for wardens is:

soothing stream x4

deluge
    healing current
    deluge
    healing spray
    soothing stream

Looking at the hps comparisons, you're better off removing healing current out of your rotation then healing spray. Healing current barely heals a little bit more then healing spray, and takes more time to cast. It's a larger hps per cast time.
    That's what I was thinking off. HC overwrites itself anyways and isn't that big of heal. I'm just running experts with my Cleric right now so a "proper" rotation isn't really needed anyways.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post

If you say that

A) you can use healing spray OR current in your rotation and
    B) healing current heals a little bit more than healing spray,

how can healing spray be better HPS wise?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Lowbob View Post
    If you say that

0.5 longer "cast" time?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Lowbob View Post
    If you say that

Well, Healing Spray also adds to the number of HoTs you have rolling on the tank, so Deluge is going to heal for more since the amount it heals scales up for each individual HoT up to 6.

So let's assume you have 4xSS and HC going, that still leaves a slot free for Healing Spray, and you can't guarantee that Crystal Vine or Spirit Wolf is going to be up.

Net-net, you still eek out a bit more healing with Healing Spray, if your SP is high enough.

Also, you're including more net casts, so you have a better chance of procc'ing Overflow, a trinket, or the like.

Additionally, since you're relying on fewer non-instant casts in your rotation, there's a better chance that you can maintain your full rotation when some small amount of mobility is required.

In a perfect situation, where only the tank takes damage and you never have to move or heal anyone else the rotation I mentioned works well. You have just enough time to refresh soothing stream before it falls off again... with that being said, it will never work in a real game situation.

For times when you have to plant and move, I'd cast deluge. Healing spray is good because it's instant, lasts a long time, etc.. I'd use it for sure. When you've got to move around, I'd remove healing current and plant for deluges... I haven't really worked out the best aoe healing rotation, that's my next project so I'm no help there.
    Last edited by Mayi; 06-21-2011 at 03:38 PM.

btw, as a Warden, when casting our group HoTs, anyone know if Spirit Wolf Totem will proc on more than one person? probably silly question i know but... wondered if it is worth equipping again.
    Last edited by holysheetman; 06-21-2011 at 09:11 PM.
    Nerneo <Old Skool>

http://www.riftoldskool.com

+ Reply to Thread