+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: -=[ HOW TO CLERIC PVP ]=- from KLEEN of Crucia R6 Cleric.

Exclamation -=[ HOW TO CLERIC PVP ]=- from KLEEN of Crucia R6 Cleric.

This post is a general discussion on end game warfront PVP from a rank 6 cleric. Enjoy

First off let me say that the ONLY specs that are viable for team play in warfronts are healing. But I personally get bored playing the healbot all day every day so I will discuss other builds that I have found work and are fun to switch into if you have other good healers in the warfront with you.

I will start with the HEALING specs. Keep in mind there are minor variations you can do to move a few points here and there depending on your playstyle, but I will tell you what has worked for me.

1.) 33sent/12warden/21templar http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00....xxb.VVb0h0x0o
    This build focuses on instant cast healing invocations and healing breaths, with minor support from warden up to restorative tide. I shifted more points into templar for 2 reasons, 20 points into templar gives greater empowerment which is an instant cast crit heal spell (pretty much a full heal even debuffed), and I use little off the top from templar in place of shared recovery in the sentinal tree.

When using this spec for SINGLE target heals, hot your target with healing spray, followed by aoe healing flood, this will reduce damage done to them by 11% from protect the flock and reinforce. When they are taking big damage use healing invocation (preferably with serendipity proc'd) and healing breath, you can also use greater empowerment and touch the light for instant cast healing invocations.

When using this spec for AOE heals, start with healing flood and divine call BOTH are instant cast and is for when your group is taking minor aoe damage, DONT FORGET your cute spirit of life rank6 spell. When the big aoe damage comes (mage with powerup spamming forked lightning in black garden) It is time to bust out healers haste and spam healers communion.

NOTE: Depending on your rank you may not be able to put 21 points into templar, if this is the case adjust the spec to shift the points from templar to warden, into FLUIDITY, Ebb and Flow, and Orbs of the stream.
    2.) 38warden/15sent/12templar http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...totoqz.E0x.VVb
    This spec is more cookie cutter you will see most clerics using this spec or a slight variation of this. This spec focuses on spamming hots on all of your targets, and running in circles spamming water jet for dps.

When using this spec for SINGLE target heals always make sure that your orbs of the stream and orbs of the tide are on CD and up on yourself and other targets that take big damage, put one stack of healing spray, and 4 stacks of soothing stream on whoever is getting hit. When targets start to take big damage put healing current, and if needed use a touch the light DELUGE. Keep in mind TIDAL surge increases your heal bonus dramatically so depending on when your heal targets are taking the most damage you will want to use this accordingly.

When using this spec for AOE heals, its pretty simple click healing showers and healing flood, also use ripple followed by the same STEPS used in single target healing.

BE DEFENSIVE: The last thing I want to discuss and one of the most important things about being HEALS in war fronts is what to do versus other players in most situations on a DEFENSIVE standpoint. Being a good healer makes you automatically hated and one of the PRIMARY targets in all war fronts. Before the patch came out adding multiple battle groups on my grind to R6 I would unfortunately play the same people over and over again and vice-versa. So guess who got Marked #1 every time by the defiant. Knowing this we have to adapt to the situation. I will tell you what to do from a general standpoint and also versus each individual class.

In my first healing build one of the most important spells we have is Healers covenant and detaunt, When taking big damage from multiple targets you always pop these right away, using your 2 instant cast healing invocations to fully heal yourself, followed by healing spray healing breathe, divine call. keep yourself on the move and always try to get to a line of site position. In my second healing build there is dissolution for movement speed immunity and glassy reflection, great when snare is being spammed on you, or that big cinderburst is on the way. Keep yourself hotted and also try to get in Line of site. The last general defensive move that is my personal favorite because it is so annoying and is probably the best defensive move we have is CRUSHING WAVE from the warden tree (knockback 15 second cd). Sorry to all the melee classes but because of this move, you will never kill me in a WF 1v1. I use this move in all of the warfronts although its best used in codex. Pretty simple find a ledge, push them off, wait 15 seconds for them to run all the way around to kill you again, push off again RINSE repeat.

Now I will tell you general tips vs each individual class/spec in 1v1 situations:

vs. PYRO MAGE: Line of site is the most important thing vs this class, but hey sometimes you get caught in the open, start off with detaunt, heal yourself until it runs out. Pop healers covenant, heal yourself until it runs out, wait until he gets you to half hp, SILENCE them while casting with QUIETUS or DROWN heal yourself until it runs out. USE crushing wave to interupt spells whenever its up and to get them off of there ground of power, use waterjet to DPS them everytime you think you have enough hp to do so. It is very hard for a pyro mage to kill me without RED buff and a few warriors on me heal debuffing me.

vs. NECROLOCK MAGE: Spam cleanse on yourself, Line of site as much as possible, and RUN to someone with DPS because you will never kill them and they will never kill you.

vs. ANY CLERIC: These are easy, Heal through there DPS there is no viable spec that can out dps your heals.

vs. WARRIOR: they key to fighting a warrior is kiting, CRUSHING wave, and BARB of shackles are the only things that will keep you alive over an extended amount of time. I can beat most warriors 1v1 by simply pushing them away water jetting, and when they get close barb of shackles will snare them again rinse repeat. obviously using detaunt and healers covenant when they get BIG.

vs. ROGUE: Rogue is by far the hardest class for us to take on 1v1. but it is doable. MARKSMEN rogues can put out some strong dps but even my friends that are rank 6 cannot kill me 1v1 in range spec due to the amount of heals I put out. The melee spec can sap my mana VERY quickly, but If I treat them like a warrior I always win.

READ BELOW: IF YOUR BORED OF BEING A HEALBOT

So like I said in the beginning of this thread the ONLY viable spec in warfronts are HEALS. But I have a few fun specs that I use when I get sick of healbotting. I am going to throw these out there quickly without too much explanation because they are not good for teamplay but I use them for the WTF?? spec is he using now factor.

1.) SHAMAN MELEE DPS: 38shaman/11inquis/11sent http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...tbcVo.Vxz.V0xz

LOL if your dumb enough to stand in front of me in this spec for 5 seconds when I cast rage of the north. Here is how it works, buff yourself with: Heroic Blessing, Vengeance of Piercing Cold, Courage of the Eagle, Armor of Devotion, Heart of the twilight forest. CAST Luminous gaze on your target, CHARGE target, When you get to target CAST rage of the north, SPAM BUTTON one using this macro that I made,

use cavernous nothing (you can remove this if you dont have this item)
    cast Massive Blow
    cast fated Blow
    cast Jolt
    cast glory of the chosen
    cast sanction heretic
    cast Crushing Blow

LOL at the target that your hitting as he dies in 3 seconds unless there is 1 healer in the warfront who heals him, or he stuns/snares/fears/runs/knocks you back.

Rinse and repeat every 2 minutes while waiting for rage of the north to come back up. Using healing breath to instantly heal yourself and ageless ice to get mana back. All of our TEMPLAR DPS talents are bad so no point in putting any points into them, BE a glass cannon and proud.

2.) RANGED DPS inquisitor 41inquis//10 sent//15 cab http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...itx0qz.V0x.VxV

There is many ways you can move your points around in Inquisitor or to Cabalist, I focused mainly on Maximizing my DPS output and ignored most of the mana regain/life regain talents. It is very easy to top the DPS charts with this spec, The hard part is surviving (we get one fearbomb and VEX spam to heal back up). Our templar tree offers no viable DPS talents, and speccing into any heal specs going ranged dps is just not worth the damage increase from other trees.

In this spec you dot everyone up using FANATICISM instacast Bolt of depravities whenever its up, SOUL drain if you have 3-4 targets standing next to you not moving, and hide around a corner spamming circle of obvlivion whenever there is a group. Like I said this spec can top dps meters but don't expect to get many killing blows or finish players off. Unless you get lucky and the group up for your soul drain.

3.) WTF FLAG CARRIER SPEC? 22sent/24warden/20templar http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...o0xM.VEbto.EAb

I love this spec. personally one of my favorites works better with your valor maxed out but its still okay without it. I use it to carry flags and piss off anyone who does physical damage. When I have multiple Physical targets on me I use Mien of Leadership (use mean of honor if its mostly casters, or you want to TRY and heal in this spec) which nearly doubles my hp and increases my armor by 100%, currently were capped at 20% parry so I only put 2 points into devout deflection for parrying 1/5 attacks. spam hots on yourself like always and use dissolution so that you cannot be snared. Use Strike of Judgement so you can build up your stacks so you can spam hot doctrines on yourself. Use templar greater empowerment for instantcast crit deluge once all your hots are up. Last but not least Run your @$$ off, or stand still and laugh as they try to kill you. up to you!

Hope you ENJOYED the thread and Hit me up with any feedback!!!! gogo CLERICS FTW!

Soulwalker

Great post. Thanks for all the info.
    Last edited by Findae; 06-10-2011 at 09:05 AM.

Nice post Kleen. Do you have a recommendation for a healing spec(s) for fresh 50s (who don't have access to upper tier templar)?

THanks.

Kleen, ever have any success with a purifier build? I've heard some good things about warden/puri.

Quote Originally Posted by Morituri View Post
    Nice post Kleen. Do you have a recommendation for a healing spec(s) for fresh 50s (who don't have access to upper tier templar)?

THanks.

ACtually nm, I must have skimmed over that part.

THanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post
    Kleen, ever have any success with a purifier build? I've heard some good things about warden/puri.

When I was a fresh 50 I actually used purifier spec for PVP because that is what was working best for me in INSTANCES for healing tanks. What I found when using purifier spec is that there is only one good thing about them. There final move surging flames because of the shield for grabbing fang/capping points in codex/scion. The problem is that most of the heals in the purifier require CAST time, and are SINGLE target not much aoe. you simply have to go to deep in the tree and it is not worth it imo. PVP is more about the instant casts / moving around as to not get attacked by range. It is rare that you will be able to stand still and only need to heal one target. The shields are not viable, easily purged off, with pretty long cooldown, why absorb 750 damage when you can instantly heal for 750 damage? In my opinion it is best to leave the purifier spec out and focus on SENT/WARDEN

Warfronts are about bubblecaps. You should have 2-3 purifiers in every match keeping your team constantly bubbles so you can get the objectives and not them. I use a roughly 33/33 split with warden but other combinations work as well.

Ignore My response above:

THanks.
    In response Morituri If you look at my first spec I put a note on the bottom for players who do not have the upper tier TEMPLAR specs. Adjusting the points more into WARDEN. I am assuming the readers of this thread at least have the PVP soul (2500) favor. In which I would put 5 points into Resilient (reduces chance to be critically hit by 15%) while you are grinding to r6.

NOTE: Depending on your rank you may not be able to put 21 points into templar, if this is the case adjust the spec to shift the points from templar to warden, into FLUIDITY, Ebb and Flow, and Orbs of the stream. *(11 more points into warden from those 3 souls)*

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post
    When I was a fresh 50 I actually used purifier spec for PVP because that is what was working best for me in INSTANCES for healing tanks. What I found when using purifier spec is that there is only one good thing about them. There final move surging flames because of the shield for grabbing fang/capping points in codex/scion. The problem is that most of the heals in the purifier require CAST time, and are SINGLE target not much aoe. you simply have to go to deep in the tree and it is not worth it imo. PVP is more about the instant casts / moving around as to not get attacked by range. It is rare that you will be able to stand still and only need to heal one target. The shields are not viable, easily purged off, with pretty long cooldown, why absorb 750 damage when you can instantly heal for 750 damage? In my opinion it is best to leave the purifier spec out and focus on SENT/WARDEN

Nice constructive post, nice formatting. Problem is I disagree with all your specs

And I am also R6 so my opinion actually counts, right? (joke!)

I don't see what 12 warden is doing for you that 12 justicar wouldn't do better. Sure you have to use GCDs on insta-nukes in order to use DoL, but even counting that DoL just blows healing flood out of the water. And your attacks do some AoE healing and proc the 6% buff anyway. At least until some MM strips reparation off you. You also get 15% extra armor which is not negligible, and a lot more chances to proc CV/FDOT/SHOE or whatever other heal reactive items you use.

I am just not a fan of the low-tree warden abilities at all, other than HF is OKish. The passives are good, but for the really useful spells you have to be at least 21+ for SS and ripple.

Also, you *must* try inq/justi for your PvP inq spec. Just blows inq/anything else away.

TLDR: MOR JUSTICAR!

Only one I'd change a bit is the ranged dps build, Inq+Cabby doesn't have to be glass cannon IF you use Justicar in place of Sentinel: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...t0oz.VuM.VtA0p

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by kleenofcrucia View Post
    2.) RANGED DPS inquisitor 41inquis//10 sent//15 cab http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...itx0qz.V0x.VxV

[I]There is many ways you can move your points around in Inquisitor or to Cabalist, I focused mainly on Maximizing my DPS output and ignored most of the mana regain/life regain talents. It is very easy to top the DPS charts with this spec, The hard part is surviving (we get one fearbomb and VEX spam to heal back up). Our templar tree offers no viable DPS talents, and speccing into any heal specs going ranged dps is just not worth the damage increase from other trees.
    not fan, i prefer 51 inqui/10 senti/5 proto for max dammage with DoT

Quote Originally Posted by Belpheghor View Post
    Only one I'd change a bit is the ranged dps build, Inq+Cabby doesn't have to be glass cannon IF you use Justicar in place of Sentinel: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...t0oz.VuM.VtA0p
    I agree that will give a tad more survivability, I was focusing mainly on DPS and AOE damage only. Some people even get reperation for more healing to raid members. Like I said there are a few ways to move points around to change yourself to a tad more surviveability
    Last edited by kleenofcrucia; 06-10-2011 at 12:39 PM.

Rift Master

Only guide you need:

Farm +R4 then faceroll whatever u want while bunny hoping...OP build..healing clerics will get nurfed or Trion PvP will go down the toilet..

Whatever designer made it so a healer can solo an entire raid is a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Stay View Post
    Nice constructive post, nice formatting. Problem is I disagree with all your specs

And I am also R6 so my opinion actually counts, right? (joke!)

I don't see what 12 warden is doing for you that 12 justicar wouldn't do better. Sure you have to use GCDs on insta-nukes in order to use DoL, but even counting that DoL just blows healing flood out of the water. And your attacks do some AoE healing and proc the 6% buff anyway. At least until some MM strips reparation off you. You also get 15% extra armor which is not negligible, and a lot more chances to proc CV/FDOT/SHOE or whatever other heal reactive items you use.

I am just not a fan of the low-tree warden abilities at all, other than HF is OKish. The passives are good, but for the really useful spells you have to be at least 21+ for SS and ripple.

Also, you *must* try inq/justi for your PvP inq spec. Just blows inq/anything else away.

TLDR: MOR JUSTICAR!

Restorative tide passive hot everytime your crit, and crushing wave is a MUST HAVE to kite melees. 15% armor is nice, but who cares if you cant keep them away from you

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Only guide you need:

Farm +R4 then faceroll whatever u want while bunny hoping...OP build..healing clerics will get nurfed or Trion PvP will go down the toilet..

Whatever designer made it so a healer can solo an entire raid is a moron.

please find me a HEALING cleric that can kill anyt6hing other then 1v1.... someone needs to get #aclue

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast