+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can clerics melt faces?

Default Can clerics melt faces?

in PvP at any bracket?

Plane Touched

It's possible, but I'm not sure how viable it is...

I know I've been hit for some 2k+ Sanction Heretics that are usually followed up with another 1k crit at level 50.

Though that is at rank 6 and possibly with the Red Ball (Not sure, I didn't see the wings on them)

You also have to put up with a WF full of people telling you to go healer constantly...

Telaran

souldrain + fanaticism (next to 3 people) = 3k to each person

3 lurking decay + sigil + obliviate = about 1k

I've done about 4k before and killed 2 in literally seconds. I'm not pvp geared and im not even t2 geared. It just takes some setting up.

Yes, absolutely. Both cabalist and inquisitor.

Rift Master

No, not at every bracket!!! well not for the same specs anyway,

Low levels having shaman heals and justicar heals will make your enemies cry.

At higher 30+ if you have good gear than the caster options are good

All healing classes other than the shaman/justicar die pretty fast throughout low levels

at fresh 50, all healing is gimped unless your lucky and no one notices you, which is never.
    Casting dps is terrible, however more effective than melee at that point.

50 at prestige 3 you start to have more footing as a healer, you can go defensive and stay alive a while,
    Casting DPS becomes good if you have T2 weapon, and shamans are viable for burst.

Prestige 4 is the opening level of good healing, and druids become available to play with high SP (towards 900 SP)

You can roll faces as Inquisitor, Cabalist, Shaman, Druid at Prestige 4+, Druid definatley is harder than the others to master in PVP and not recommneded for people not used to pets and micromanagement.

At prestige 6 you can pretty play as you like, and pretty much destroy any low prestige character as if they are flies

Oh and lastly, any cleric with less than 300 valor is a dead cleric.
    Last edited by whistlingwind; 05-30-2011 at 05:39 PM.

Soulwalker

Its definitely possible but you have to factor in how much survival you need. I prefer a bit less dmg for a ton of survival.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Taril View Post
    It's possible, but I'm not sure how viable it is...

I know I've been hit for some 2k+ Sanction Heretics that are usually followed up with another 1k crit at level 50.

Though that is at rank 6 and possibly with the Red Ball (Not sure, I didn't see the wings on them)

You also have to put up with a WF full of people telling you to go healer constantly...
    Those damage numbers are normal. I snag the red buff and I'm pushing 2500 SP, I can barely break 4k crits with it . My 'best' damage output in a port sion not using vex/oblivion was 800k -- I had at least 1 person heal botting me and that was 30 minutes of holding the bridge.
    Last edited by Ponytoucher; 05-31-2011 at 11:57 AM.

I run as a 51 point inquisitor in pvp. Basically I just use my ranged PvE spec for PvP and it works very well. With the red ball I can pop even high valor people for 3.5k SH crits and that is often followed up with a 2k non-crit instant BoD (although if BoD crits too then that person is dead). Without the red ball my SH is critting people in the range of 1.1k (for rank 6 people) to over 2k for low valor people.

I have full T2 gear and a T2 weapon, but I mix in some R4 gear to get my valor close to 500. 1v1 I feel like I can kill anyone. I can only imagine what it will be like with full rank 6 gear.
    Bokor - Cleric (Warrior Priest)

Quote Originally Posted by Belith View Post
    in PvP at any bracket?
    If making people cry = melting faces, I'd say OP is living proof.

Telaran

Casted BoD = 2k+
    SH + Fanat = 2k+
    Proc'd BoD = 2k+

So, if you're lucky, you just did 6k+ in 6s. Follow it with a Nysyr's for another potential 2k+ w/ stun.

Soulwalker

Can Clerics melt faces in PvP at any bracket?
    No, only shadow priests do that.
    Last edited by Restandre; 06-01-2011 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restandre View Post
    No, only shadow priests do that.
    "Shadow Priest"?

Quote Originally Posted by Belpheghor View Post
    "Shadow Priest"?

A vague reference to a trivial soul from another genre, another life, another time, another place, another game....

+ Reply to Thread