Closed Thread

Thread: spell power cap or bug?

Rift Disciple

Default spell power cap or bug?

ok so I get a new ring with more spellpower and wisdom than one of my rings, prior to replacing my old ring I had 1072 unbuffed spellpower after replacing the ring my SP went to 1077 but the stat turned red and when I hover my pointer over it it says 1077 (1078-1)

I think it was the gatekeepers sigil that i replaced with corrupted fae ring

More than likely a UI bug. I'm sitting at 1092sp in my sp set with a 0/0/0 spec, with no UI/tooltip bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSorrow View Post
    So just because this doesn't work like every other game it's bad?
    Adapt, adopt and improve. If you can't do that, maybe it's something other than the game that's bad.
    Level 50 Cleric:Tuskon

Rift Disciple

Thanks tuskon, your a big help to me, both in game and out

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Jim45682 View Post
    ok so I get a new ring with more spellpower and wisdom than one of my rings, prior to replacing my old ring I had 1072 unbuffed spellpower after replacing the ring my SP went to 1077 but the stat turned red and when I hover my pointer over it it says 1077 (1078-1)

I think it was the gatekeepers sigil that i replaced with corrupted fae ring
    That is an Inquisitor bug for some reason. All your other specs should stay white.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by KetMalice View Post
    That is an Inquisitor bug for some reason. All your other specs should stay white.
    this is in a 51 warden 10 sentinal 5 cab spec

seen the same thing happen as well. its kinda weird but I think its associated with the way +% to spellpower works with the new stat display system (number is only green now if a buff is applied)
    A Justicar's path is not one of ease. But, hey, we do get to hit stuff.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Jim45682 View Post
    this is in a 51 warden 10 sentinal 5 cab spec
    It may be cabalist then, because my Inquisitor spec has Cabalist in it. And please go 15 Sent in your 51 Warden spec. You don't get Healing Communion and ToL.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by KetMalice View Post
    It may be cabalist then, because my Inquisitor spec has Cabalist in it. And please go 15 Sent in your 51 Warden spec. You don't get Healing Communion and ToL.
    I have the 5 cabalist for the extra 5% spellpower which as a 51 point warden my HoTs make excellent use of, and since my healing comes mostly from HoT's I figured that spellpower that would benefit every heal i cast would trump an extra aoe heal that costs an arm and a leg to cast and a 45 second CD

Though once i start raiding I may make that switch since healing communion hits 10 ppl and healing cataract only does 5, but at the time i made the spec it was maximized for my playstyle solo healing T2's prenerf and it did that well, currently most of my guild is only just breaking into T1-T2 content so raiding is a bit off yet

Closed Thread