+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23

Thread: [Guide] The Raiding Inquisitor v1.2

Since I hate melee dps. I run Inquisicar in expert pugs. Until I am geared for Inquisitor. The runs go so smoothly, if the healer is really good I focus on dpsin more, if the healer needs a little help I stack convictions and toss out some heals. Play them both the same way barring heals.

Inquisicar is extremely good on heavy aoe damage fights like scarn. I get to play the spec I prefer to play, which is nice.

Rift Disciple

I have tried to read through all of these posts but there are so many pages!!

The short version:
    I'm wondering if some of you number-crunchers out there see a problem with a spec more like this?

The complete version:
    I have a situation I need to rectify. Last night I ran a raid with my guild and was asked to RDPS w/ my cleric. NOT my strong suit as I prefer full healer and work a duracell load just for support or solo pve situations.

I do have a role that's full 51 cab for DPS but I REALLY don't like it. The Cab is full of so many weird mechanics that I swear I'm losing HUNDREDS of DPS just due to all the GCD's and decay. (note: I realize it's changing soon but soon isn't now). Put bluntly - my DPS sucked so bad it was embarrassing to the point that I just shut my mouth and hoped no one noticed. I shoulda taken my rogue...

I need to be able to get a good ST DPS role (please note he's a FRESH 50). I don't really like trying to DPS and off-heal with castables as I feel switching between the two during battle is a right-turn that my old brain can't hang with.

That being said, I'd like to provide some heals maybe through Justi... So I'm wondering if some of you number-crunchers out there see a problem with a spec more like this?

I'm hoping it would provide some passive heal help while still being capable of some of y'alls higher DPS numbers?
    Last edited by Highstrung; 07-27-2011 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I'm wondering if some of you number-crunchers out there see a problem with a spec more like this?
    This isn't a terrible spec. By making it an off-healing spec, you will lose dps. But you can still do some respectable dps, and bring very heavy raid heals through Doctrine of Light. Your passive heals will be very, very weak in this build, however. If you want to passively heal, you ought to go melee and use more Justicar abilities (which do more Reparation healing) - Sovereignty, Bolt of Radiance, Strike of Justice, etc. Those abilities will do more passive healing. The glory of any -icar build is Doctrine of Light, though - and you have DoL in your build right now.

You'll also find that your single-target dps will be higher in a melee build (including melee inquisitor). There are many threads about support builds like yours. I suggest you go find and read them. Here's one, full of speculation about the best support builds when 1.4 hits in a few weeks: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...t-DPS-post-1.4
    Cleric Tank -Guardian- Sunrest
    <Esti Efiu>

Is micro management of a pet worth it? Considering your main focus is healing, that pet may eat it from time to time and you'll end up loosing 45% of your damage when it does, reparation doesn't include pet damage, so only 55i% of your damage contributes to reparation, as opposed to 100% as a ranged hybrid.

I am not found of pets or melee, and looking at Inqs synergy crystal, and depending on it's proc rate, it's a win win situation for a deep Inq build, SH hits like a truck the deeper you go into Inq. Would have to wait and see on the proc rate of the crystal though.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Spyrit View Post
    . Would have to wait and see on the proc rate of the crystal though.
    Judging from my experience on PTS... it's "meh" at best. Sometimes it will proc in a 5minute fight, most of the time it won't. Really depends on luck.

Shadowlander

Default 46/10/10 Inq/Sent/Sham

I read that soul drain was considered a melee ability and that it benefits from increased melee damage bonuses. I always thought soul drain was a spell.

If this is true then the build 46/10/10 Inq/Sent/Sham would benefit more for the AOE rotation if the full 5 points were put into unyielding in the shaman tree instead of thick skinned. What are your thoughts on this?
    Crushim, free agent... Deepwood.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusher View Post
    I read that soul drain was considered a melee ability and that it benefits from increased melee damage bonuses. I always thought soul drain was a spell.

If this is true then the build 46/10/10 Inq/Sent/Sham would benefit more for the AOE rotation if the full 5 points were put into unyielding in the shaman tree instead of thick skinned. What are your thoughts on this?
    My Inq dps build is exactly that, unyielding instead of thick skinned. Also the dex buff from shammy effects sds crit rate. SD can get pretty sick in raids gotta manage your aggro, really well in 5 mans I'm up to waiting 3 gcds, and sometimes, even that isn't enough.
    Last edited by Spyrit; 07-28-2011 at 04:20 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23