+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Shaman] 51 Talent adds 6% Unbuffed Total Dmg Done

Rift Master

Default [Shaman] 51 Talent adds 6% Unbuffed Total Dmg Done

I was looking at the Epic Planar Essence vendor -for 50 Inscribed Sourcestone and 1,000Planarite each- and noticed the Shaman one was:

Hailtouched Soulstone

Increases the damage of your Vengeance of the Winter Storm by 15

I recalled that this click-and-forget talent was 3% - 4% of my total damage unbuffed and it got me thinking about the Shaman 51:

Vengeance of the Primal North

Blah blah blah, 39 air dmg with each damaging ability for 25 sec and also hitting 3 additional blah within 7 meters. (You can only have ONE Vengeance up at the same time)

So it got me thinking, if Trion internal testing shows the passive is worthy of 50 epic stones, let me test this thing out and see what happens.

51 Shaman / 5 Cab / 10 Sent

AP: 908
    PC: 412
    Hit 121

SP: 867
    SC: 352
    Focus: 121

I also have Necrotic Rage Greater Planar Essence extra 60 SP up pretty much most of the time and enchanted my 2h with Invigorating Runeshard so 50 Spell and Melee crit up again pretty much all the time. So entry level T1/T2 gear.

Time in combat: 04:52
    DPS: 574.79
    Damage Done: 167,840

Vengeance of the Primal North : 6%
    DPS: 35.49

Would be interested to see what people in full T2/Raid gear get with this build. Basic macro, I only use Shaman abilities but use Strike of the M. Storm on single target as it adds nearly 50 DPS with the DoT.

574 dps. Spec not viable. Move along.
    Last edited by Froster; 05-04-2011 at 03:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Froster View Post
    umm take away the pet damage from the cookie cutter 700-900 dps druid sham spec... and that damage sounds about the same. pet does 190-200 dps which is added onto your precious DPS METER, incase you overlooked that.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    umm take away the pet damage from the cookie cutter 700-900 dps druid sham spec... and that damage sounds about the same. pet does 190-200 dps which is added onto your precious DPS METER, incase you overlooked that.
    And that makes the spec without pet viable?

I posted some logic pots on AH, go buy some plx.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Froster View Post
    14% crit is what a fresh 50 would have and that is what I have, we all know Shaman kind of needs to be near the 50%, which some one in T2/Raid gear would have buffed.

That's why I'm asking people with that kind of gear to test this build while keeping the 51 talent on CD!

All I have is a few crafted epics paid for and the rest are al quested and lvl 48 and lower looted gear! What do you want 800 DPS for a fresh 50!

Soulwalker

Thumbs up the Satyr buff makes the numbers incorrect, sort of

since it doesnt stack with bard buff, the pet dmg is empty numbers if you got an bard with you anyways.
    you can get much greater dmg with a non-pet build if you got a bard. FYI only ^^
    Dmg in druid tree isnt getting much better over 18 points, so i'll use 37/18/11 sham/dru/inq and getting around 700 single target dps self buffed, not too shady imo. havent tried with bard yet, but i got the highest dps in 90% of my instances. aoe dmg sux tho
    Last edited by Yamadja; 05-04-2011 at 05:50 AM.

Rift Disciple

Your build is pretty far worse than the normal druid/shaman/inq be it 31/24/11 or else, you have not more than 45 dps gain and lose nearly 200 from pet or so it looks on my parse, even used pixie there

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Yamadja View Post
    since it doesnt stack with bard buff, the pet dmg is empty numbers if you got an bard with you anyways.
    you can get much greater dmg with a non-pet build if you got a bard. FYI only ^^
    Dmg in druid tree isnt getting much better over 18 points, so i'll use 37/18/11 sham/dru/inq and getting around 700 single target dps self buffed, not too shady imo. havent tried with bard yet, but i got the highest dps in 90% of my instances. aoe dmg sux tho
    You do realize that the Satyr itself should be putting out 100-200 dps, right? People don't pick up the Satyr for the buff.....

I run 44/11/11 Shaman/Inq/Sent

871 DPS parsed in DSM last night, single target

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by SFSC View Post

11 in sent...confused and dubious.

As far as the OP I'm confused why you're parsing Vengeance of the Primal North and talking about a greater for Vengeance of the Winter Storm. AFAIK, the greater would not affect VotPN.

Then there is the entire concern of wasting 2 GCDs for swapping out the Vengeance buffs...over a 2 minute period that's eating up 2.5% of your cast time.

People are also forgetting that anytime you "lose" the benefit of Fury of the Fae...Clip Clop is gaining an entire slew of bard buffs himself. Same thing goes for any party buffs!

Quote Originally Posted by SFSC View Post

Screenshots or bust. 871 dps on which boss? If this was for the entire instance then you indeed have AoE factored into it. Nearly every one of the melee friendly fights in DSM has the potential for AoE bleedover even if it's nothing more than using Strike of the Maelstrom as a part of your normal single target rotation.
    Bokor - Cleric (Warrior Priest)

Telaran

Check around the forums. There are multiple posts with screens showing that shaman inquisitor sent is a valid DPS set up.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Xuros View Post
    Check around the forums. There are multiple posts with screens showing that shaman inquisitor sent is a valid DPS set up.
    Sham/Inq/Sent gives you 60% additional crit damage, it works and it's not rocket science since Shaman is a crit based class...

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by DaSneakyGit View Post
    Sham/Inq/Sent gives you 60% additional crit damage, it works and it's not rocket science since Shaman is a crit based class...
    Yes I agree. My post was supposed to be a quote with reply to the poster directly above my post but for some reason when I clicked it, there was no quote lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuros View Post
    Even on your best day it will still not outdps a druid/shammy/inq build. You simply can not make up for the lack of the satyr pet. Is it still viable... yes, is it going to be close to my aforementioned build... no.

Besides, you still did not answer my question... which boss did you get 871 dps on. It's a simple question.
    Last edited by kidbs; 05-04-2011 at 11:48 AM.
    Bokor - Cleric (Warrior Priest)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast