+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Wisdom to spell power

  1. #1
    Shadowlander Kaitgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    32

    Default Wisdom to spell power

    I tried searching and didn't turn anything up, but just trying to figure out the wisdom to spell power conversion rate. Looked at it and it looked like a .75 one with the other .25 coming from int.

  2. #2
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    85

    Default

    The tooltip on your character stats shows it.

  3. #3
    Shadowlander Kaitgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    32

    Default

    The tooltip shows a total not the exact conversion rate, I was being lazy and asking what point for point I was getting rather than doing it myself.

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    114

    Default

    technically you spend more effort making a thread asking and checking back here than using a calculator and dividing the spell power you get from wisdom by your total wisdom. hell, even google has a built in calculator.

  5. #5
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    286

    Default

    0.75

    /10char

  6. #6
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    798

    Default

    Take a look at my forums, I've gotten the conversions rates in the Theorycrafting area. 1wis is actually equal to .76923076923076923 sp

    I've also got conversions such as:

    1 wis to mp10
    1 int to mana
    1 int to crit
    1 int to sp
    1 crit % to int

    Hope it helps!
    Last edited by Sokanon; 05-01-2011 at 05:21 AM.

  7. #7
    Shadowlander Kaitgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    32

    Default

    thanks sokanon! =)

  8. #8
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Apart from mana regen and Spell Power, does Wisdom do anything else?

    What I'm wondering is, something with 20 Wis and 10 SP is far better then something with 22 Wis 0 SP...? Should I be rating gear on how much SP it generates rather than how high its Wisdom is?

    Would a +9 SP Rune be better than a +10 Wisdom rune if I'm not worried about mana?

  9. #9
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndyCr15 View Post
    Apart from mana regen and Spell Power, does Wisdom do anything else?

    What I'm wondering is, something with 20 Wis and 10 SP is far better then something with 22 Wis 0 SP...? Should I be rating gear on how much SP it generates rather than how high its Wisdom is?

    Would a +9 SP Rune be better than a +10 Wisdom rune if I'm not worried about mana?
    If you play Warden, they have certain wisdom-based abilities like Overflow. Also, you may (but it's unlikely) have more wisdom +% passives than spellpower +% passives - but I think that most healer/dps builds have +% spellpower.

  10. #10
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndyCr15 View Post
    Apart from mana regen and Spell Power, does Wisdom do anything else?

    What I'm wondering is, something with 20 Wis and 10 SP is far better then something with 22 Wis 0 SP...? Should I be rating gear on how much SP it generates rather than how high its Wisdom is?

    Would a +9 SP Rune be better than a +10 Wisdom rune if I'm not worried about mana?
    When something is so close like that I would still go for the Wisdom. It is a minimal SP loss and Wisdom does give you mana regen. If you stack that way for everything you will notice a decent enough mana regen.

  11. #11
    Rift Chaser DrakeFS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    EST Baby
    Posts
    345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KetMalice View Post
    When something is so close like that I would still go for the Wisdom. It is a minimal SP loss and Wisdom does give you mana regen. If you stack that way for everything you will notice a decent enough mana regen.
    I generally always go with what has more total SP.
    A Justicar's path is not one of ease. But, hey, we do get to hit stuff.

  12. #12
    Rift Master Leiloni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sokanon View Post
    Take a look at my forums, I've gotten the conversions rates in the Theorycrafting area. 1wis is actually equal to .76923076923076923 sp

    I've also got conversions such as:

    1 wis to mp10
    1 int to mana
    1 int to crit
    1 int to sp
    1 crit % to int

    Hope it helps!
    They confirmed this in a post in Beta forums months ago that for Cleric's, 1 Wisdom is .75 SP and 1 Int is .25 SP. They also confirmed that Wisdom provides MP regen as you noted, and Intellect provides more total mana and crit. No theorizing needed, it's correct.

    Worth noting is that Mages get .75 SP from Int and only .25 from Wisdom.
    Last edited by Leiloni; 05-31-2011 at 10:54 AM.

  13. #13
    Rift Master Leiloni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leiloni View Post
    Worth noting is that Mages get .75 SP from Int and only .25 from Wisdom.
    I always type that - it should be 50/50 for mages. My bad!

  14. #14
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    48

    Default

    for a sentiel pvp cleric? whats better spell power or spell crit? i like serendipity to proc because faster heals is always better esp in PVP, but will my heals go down a lot if i stack crit instead of power?

  15. #15
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leiloni View Post
    They confirmed this in a post in Beta forums months ago that for Cleric's, 1 Wisdom is .75 SP and 1 Int is .25 SP. They also confirmed that Wisdom provides MP regen as you noted, and Intellect provides more total mana and crit. No theorizing needed, it's correct.

    Worth noting is that Mages get .75 SP from Int and only .25 from Wisdom.
    Not saying it needed to be theorycrafted, is is merely the location where I made the post . Theorycrafting is generally where raw data ends up being posted, as well as data that still needs to be worked

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts