+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wisdom to spell power

Default Wisdom to spell power

I tried searching and didn't turn anything up, but just trying to figure out the wisdom to spell power conversion rate. Looked at it and it looked like a .75 one with the other .25 coming from int.

Telaran

The tooltip on your character stats shows it.

The tooltip shows a total not the exact conversion rate, I was being lazy and asking what point for point I was getting rather than doing it myself.

Rift Disciple

technically you spend more effort making a thread asking and checking back here than using a calculator and dividing the spell power you get from wisdom by your total wisdom. hell, even google has a built in calculator.

Plane Touched

/10char

RIFT Guide Writer

Take a look at my forums, I've gotten the conversions rates in the Theorycrafting area. 1wis is actually equal to .76923076923076923 sp

I've also got conversions such as:

1 wis to mp10
    1 int to mana
    1 int to crit
    1 int to sp
    1 crit % to int

Hope it helps!
    Last edited by Sokanon; 05-01-2011 at 05:21 AM.

thanks sokanon! =)

Soulwalker

Apart from mana regen and Spell Power, does Wisdom do anything else?

What I'm wondering is, something with 20 Wis and 10 SP is far better then something with 22 Wis 0 SP...? Should I be rating gear on how much SP it generates rather than how high its Wisdom is?

Would a +9 SP Rune be better than a +10 Wisdom rune if I'm not worried about mana?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by AndyCr15 View Post

What I'm wondering is, something with 20 Wis and 10 SP is far better then something with 22 Wis 0 SP...? Should I be rating gear on how much SP it generates rather than how high its Wisdom is?

Would a +9 SP Rune be better than a +10 Wisdom rune if I'm not worried about mana?
    If you play Warden, they have certain wisdom-based abilities like Overflow. Also, you may (but it's unlikely) have more wisdom +% passives than spellpower +% passives - but I think that most healer/dps builds have +% spellpower.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by AndyCr15 View Post

When something is so close like that I would still go for the Wisdom. It is a minimal SP loss and Wisdom does give you mana regen. If you stack that way for everything you will notice a decent enough mana regen.

Quote Originally Posted by KetMalice View Post
    When something is so close like that I would still go for the Wisdom. It is a minimal SP loss and Wisdom does give you mana regen. If you stack that way for everything you will notice a decent enough mana regen.
    I generally always go with what has more total SP.
    A Justicar's path is not one of ease. But, hey, we do get to hit stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sokanon View Post
    Take a look at my forums, I've gotten the conversions rates in the Theorycrafting area. 1wis is actually equal to .76923076923076923 sp

I've also got conversions such as:

1 wis to mp10
    1 int to mana
    1 int to crit
    1 int to sp
    1 crit % to int

Hope it helps!
    They confirmed this in a post in Beta forums months ago that for Cleric's, 1 Wisdom is .75 SP and 1 Int is .25 SP. They also confirmed that Wisdom provides MP regen as you noted, and Intellect provides more total mana and crit. No theorizing needed, it's correct.

Worth noting is that Mages get .75 SP from Int and only .25 from Wisdom.
    Last edited by Leiloni; 05-31-2011 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leiloni View Post
    I always type that - it should be 50/50 for mages. My bad!

Shadowlander

for a sentiel pvp cleric? whats better spell power or spell crit? i like serendipity to proc because faster heals is always better esp in PVP, but will my heals go down a lot if i stack crit instead of power?

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Leiloni View Post
    They confirmed this in a post in Beta forums months ago that for Cleric's, 1 Wisdom is .75 SP and 1 Int is .25 SP. They also confirmed that Wisdom provides MP regen as you noted, and Intellect provides more total mana and crit. No theorizing needed, it's correct.

Not saying it needed to be theorycrafted, is is merely the location where I made the post . Theorycrafting is generally where raw data ends up being posted, as well as data that still needs to be worked

+ Reply to Thread