+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just a quick one, I need a tank build

Default Just a quick one, I need a tank build

Ok can someone link me the cookie cutter tanking build for clerics please.

And one added question:

I read a nice guide once, the OP answered everyone's questions with good arguements and his spec included full 51.

Though I've seen other posts say anything above 44 you're a nub Justicar, eh? Can someone explain why please?

RIFT Community Ambassador Radak's Avatar

The person from that guide would be me. (here is the link if you where looking for it: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...guide-by-Radak)
    The 51point build linked there is something I still use in GSB but I sometimes switch to a 38just 21puri 7shaman build. Those saying that anything about 44 points is a waste aren't looking at MoL correctly and generaly say DoA is bad. However MoL gives additional armor for each point spent and DoA is a pretty decent heal as well as damage. And it can be very helpful in certain aoe damage heavy cituations. There are those that say tanks shouldn't be healing but by healing you increase your own survivability because healers will have more free time to heal you.

As for a cookie cutter spec. There isn't really one but there are some mandatory talents.
    This spec is the bare minum: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00nr_.Mcb.VhRsVee0oo
    And even there you can already change a few things. However you still got 21 points left in that build to pick up what you want. Some go full justicar, others go deeper into shaman, some take sentinal for more spellpower, some take inquisitor for more hp, some go purifier for more cd's some go cabalist for some extra aoe and 40 elemental resistance. The choice is all yours.

But if your really starting to tank for the first time a 51just 10shaman 5 sent build will serve you just fine. and you can make alterations to your liking to it later.
    Last edited by Radak; 04-25-2011 at 01:17 PM.

yay to Radak, thanks dude.

+ Reply to Thread