+ Reply to Thread

Thread: having a hard time in the T1 to T2 transition as tank

Default having a hard time in the T1 to T2 transition as tank

So ive geared up my cleric as an offspec in T1/T2's now and he is at 8.2k hp 159 toughness parry capped, running with this build http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...zoo.Veb0x0o.Vz

39justi/21sham/6cab and T1 tanking has been a breeze. for some reason ive ended up with alot of T2 blues instead of the T2 plaque gear since it had more toughness and block/dodge instead of parry. So i felt i was ready for T2 tanking, went to RD as tank, we came to the 2nd trash pull (the on down the stairs) and my hp plummets like ive never seen before. We had a warden healer so we tried with chloro and the warden...still didnt work. Ended up having our warrior go tank and me healing. There must be something im missing here since i know clerics can tank this.

I started tanking RD at 120 toughness, its not you gear, its your spec. Justicar armor increases with every single point you put into the tree. Try 51just/11pur/4druid. What i use and i have no problems tanking that instance.

Frankly, your build is not tanky enough for someone just trying to get into T2's. Here's an alternative build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...VeeoRR.mcd.Vxz

You'll gain a lot of armor and hp, some 'oh crap' buttons, and a purge. You'll loose some resistances (you can switch back to the Cabalist part if you'd like, though) and a teeny bit of threat.

I do NOT recommend going over 44 points in Justi. The armor gains and the higher-end root abilities are pretty lame. And do NOT get Druid, unless you're in love with Trickster Spirit and the shield. The endurance buff from Druid is not multiplied by Mien of Leadership, so the gain is very small. The HP buff from the Inquisitor armor is much larger.
    Last edited by beawr; 04-25-2011 at 11:24 AM.
    Cleric Tank -Guardian- Sunrest
    <Esti Efiu>

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Atrlion View Post
    I started tanking RD at 120 toughness, its not you gear, its your spec. Justicar armor increases with every single point you put into the tree. Try 51just/11pur/4druid. What i use and i have no problems tanking that instance.
    Yep. 12% armor will do you more good than strike of the maelstrom and stormborn. Why are you that far into shaman without getting jolt, again? Doctrine of Loyalty spam is way more hate than any aoe attack ability, especially if it's not building convictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbearr View Post
    Yep. 12% armor will do you more good than strike of the maelstrom and stormborn. Why are you that far into shaman without getting jolt, again? Doctrine of Loyalty spam is way more hate than any aoe attack ability, especially if it's not building convictions.
    its supposed to be 38 justi/22sham with jolt, but ill try the 51 justi, tho many threads have said its a waste. Eventho we have a justi tanking in gsb with that spec, others claim its not worth it.

+ Reply to Thread