+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is this how Surging Flames is supposed to work?

Default Is this how Surging Flames is supposed to work?

From the looks of it when you overheal the target with Surging Flames on them the "spread" seems to come out of the cleric and heals those people with 15 meters of it. Maybe I'm just not understanding the tooltip correctly:

Surging Flames
    35 Meter Range17% Mana
    Casting Time: 3.0 Seconds
    Whenever the ally is healed by the Cleric past their Maximum Health, 50% of the overhealing is spread to up to 5 party or raid members within 15 meters of the ally. Can only be placed on one ally at a time. Lasts 1hour.

Going by what the tooltip states shouldn't the animation be shooting out of the target (say the tank) and towards people in range of them?

Champion of Telara

it does I thought?
    there's a ~1 second delay to the SF heals hitting people, as there is travel time on the animation orbs.
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

What I always see is the Orbs shooting out of me the healer and not the tank. Like HoT up a fully healed tank and have him move far away from the group and you'll see the orbs shooting out of the cleric at people instead of shooting out of the tank at people like the tooltip makes it sound like.

Though you could be right and its just an animation issue on my end.

Ascendant

Pretty sure its just a graphical issue, I see the same thing but it appears to be working properly.

Rift Disciple

You might be casting it on yourself and if you are aoe hotting, its causing you to overheal. Make sure you are casting it on the person that you want it to affect. It's not a self buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeon View Post
    You might be casting it on yourself and if you are aoe hotting, its causing you to overheal. Make sure you are casting it on the person that you want it to affect. It's not a self buff.
    like i said I know that I'm not buffing myself with surging flames it on myself, and as others have pointed out it might just be a graphical thing on my end. In the case of the AoE hotting its due to the fact the tank is full and the ability should be proc'ing like usual but it just looks like the green balls are then shooting out of me instead of shooting from the tank to people in range of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelightt View Post
    Pretty sure its just a graphical issue, I see the same thing but it appears to be working properly.
    That would be my guess too.

It doesn't really matter as long as everyone's close to each other except on specific fights where you're required to be spread out.

Just an observation through a few bosses in GS ... most groups tend to stay spread out for no reason, which makes targeted aoe heals/buffs and pbaoe heals/buffs harder to use. That's something I've been guilty of and that the player base in general needs to do a better job with.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

The graphic comes out of the cleric, but the healing is withing 15m of the target not the cleric. Probably so in PvP if you are stupid enough to spec purifier its even easier for the enemy to spot you.
    Last edited by spitfirek; 04-25-2011 at 01:42 PM.

yes its graphical, it does seem to come from the cleric but its definitly measured from the person with the surging flames buff.

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

Rift Disciple

Both Surging Flames and Spiritual Conflagration paint a big sign above your head that says COME AND EAT ME.

I kinda like getting focused though, makes me feel special

But yes, the aoe is centred upon the person you have targeted, the graphic simply comes from the healer.

+ Reply to Thread