+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best spec to kill elits and clear rifts solo

Shield of Telara

Default Best spec to kill elits and clear rifts solo

Subject says it all... want to be able to clear rifts solo at 50 even with elites... messed with a few specs... but dont want to keep wasting cash so... anyone know of a good spec for this?

Shield of Telara

bump anyone have one?

Champion of Telara

Shaman/just, druid/just or inquisitor/just.

basically a spec with 12-20 points in justicar! (well bare minimum you just need salvation and its talent boost, but the 15% dr% helps a lot) Don't bother with a shield, you lose too much dps for the bonus stage timers.
    Last edited by Baconbits; 04-25-2011 at 10:06 AM.
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

I've tried a lot of builds and have found 51inq/15just/0sent to be the most effective for me.

Shield of Telara

have a build on zam ?

My fav solo/questing build (Shaman/Justicar/Inquisitor) - Very capable of soloing elites, has a lot of self healing.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...igx0az.EuM00xc
    Actually I am running this build right now. It's great for doing the dailies in Stillmore. I can solo an elite and AE farming regular mobs is a cake walk. Forgot I switched from 51/15/0 and found this much more durable.

I use this spec. It has good single target and AoE damage output, as well as plenty of self healing.
    Jolly fat people are living proof that it is not possible to "laugh your *** off", though we're trying...

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Antiarin View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...igx0az.EuM00xc
    Actually I am running this build right now. It's great for doing the dailies in Stillmore. I can solo an elite and AE farming regular mobs is a cake walk. Forgot I switched from 51/15/0 and found this much more durable.
    Are you using Mien of Honor or Leadership? And are you meleeing with insta casts.. or pure casting tanking?

I like leadership but all damage and healing outside of justicar sucks then. Honor is nice for the really nice heals but you dont get the armor then.

I want to farm rifts for mats solo so I really want to get this right. And I am doing it for crafting to make money and respecs are expensive and thanks for all the help so far.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
    Are you using Mien of Honor or Leadership? And are you meleeing with insta casts.. or pure casting tanking?

I like leadership but all damage and healing outside of justicar sucks then. Honor is nice for the really nice heals but you dont get the armor then.

I want to farm rifts for mats solo so I really want to get this right. And I am doing it for crafting to make money and respecs are expensive and thanks for all the help so far.
    honor of course for +50% to your salvation healing and so your inq spells do full damage
    Last edited by Baconbits; 04-25-2011 at 04:50 PM.
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
    Subject says it all... want to be able to clear rifts solo at 50 even with elites... messed with a few specs... but dont want to keep wasting cash so... anyone know of a good spec for this?
    Ask and ye shall receive! Here's a build that can make good use of elites in rifts. His name is Periphery on the Shadefallen server.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Qaotic View Post
    Ask and ye shall receive! Here's a build that can make good use of elites in rifts. His name is Periphery on the Shadefallen server.
    Umm ok I guess that about sums it up.

i had this conversation before...

I just a straight tanking justicar and could solo any rift MY LEVEL until i got to 50.
    it seems like i can take any non major rift in an inquisitor or intuisitor/justicar role but when the final boss came out i had to use full tanking justicar.
    now here is the kicker... once i got to 50. it seems that 50 MAJOR elite Bosses were not possible. not even close.

Plane Walker

I just use 46 Inq/Sent/Cabalist. It is fast and Vex and an occasional Healing Breathe keeps me up just fine. It may be pretty gear dependent though.

Rift Disciple

The only problem is going through the timed phase 3 of a major rift. Many builds can survive and kill elites, but not many gives you the 650-700 dps unbuffed you need to achieve the timer. So i just switch to my raiding melee spec (the same as everyone has now), and pray to kill it faster than it kills me. Green power-up and red power-up are very welcome for that

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast