+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: AoE advice

  1. #1
    Rift Master Arcticred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    645

    Default AoE advice

    Just came back to the game after 3 weeks off and decided to roll a cleric to farm gold and craft with.
    He is level 31 atm and i just switched from http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00anj.Vq0qA.exzzz to http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00dje.Exki0t00z..Vx

    The problem im having is that, im mana drained after every pull.
    Secondly, if i pull more than 4 same level mobs then i die before they do.

    I start with putting hots up (healing current + healing spray)
    Then i vex the 4 mobs > soul drain > circle of oblivion > soul drain > vex again if needed then rinse and repeat.

    Im not particularly well geared, i have 2.3k HP and am wearing 5 blue items and the rest green (all same level) And a lvl30 blue staff. I was hoping somebody could point out where im going wrong.
    This is my first time as a healer in any MMO and also my first time doing AoE, the first build i linked is actualy leveling faster, dying less and has less downtime than the AoE build so i know i must be doing something wrong somewhere.

    Just to clarify, im only pulling melee mobs and not ranged.
    http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/any/2/2/3/7/7/4322377PXOFX.png Only the dead have seen the end of war

  2. #2
    Soulwalker SoulOfTorment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default good luck

    This thread pretty much has everything your looking for.

    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...s-Step-by-Step
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Mark Twain

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    105

    Default

    1) You missed the most important talent in that tree: Fanaticism. Putting this in a macro like so:
    #show Soul Drain
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Fanaticism
    cast Soul Drain
    2) You should pick up Purifier for the instant sheild

    My trees would look like this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00jdG..VEkbMx0sz.Vx

    With this rotation:
    Pull with Vex
    Use Soul Drain/Fanaticism Macro
    Cast Sheild from Purifier
    Use Circle of Oblivion
    Use Soul Drain/Fanaticism Macro (even though Fanaticism is still on cooldown).
    Last edited by Nitrate; 04-25-2011 at 09:45 AM.

  4. #4
    Ascendant sanosuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,563

    Default

    yea look at my video around page 9 of the thread was level 28 when I made it. You really shouldn't have mana issues unless you are trying to AOE things levels above you. Generally AOE is best same level to minus two-three levels. If you warfront and do dungeons at all chances are you end up questing in areas 2 levels or so below you anyway

    id go with this at 31
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10drG.VEkbMx0sz.Vuz its what im currently using same level no mana issues
    Last edited by sanosuke; 04-25-2011 at 09:45 AM.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Justicar is also a very good 2nd soul. The passive healing from Salvation has saved me many times.

  6. #6
    Soulwalker SoulOfTorment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Just don't fall for a Justicar main soul build. It's painfully slow, although there is almost no chance of dieing. I prefer Inquis and leave Justicar out entirely, lol all those buffs for very little.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Mark Twain

  7. #7
    Rift Master Arcticred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    645

    Default

    Well i didnt expect all these responses, thanks a bunch guys.

    @ Nitrate, ill give your advice a try.

    http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/any/2/2/3/7/7/4322377PXOFX.png Only the dead have seen the end of war

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    105

    Default

    I recommend you starting with Sanosuke's build first, then when you get comfortable with it, you could move the points out of justicar to something else. You will inevitably be doing this at a later level any ways :P

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticred View Post
    Just came back to the game after 3 weeks off and decided to roll a cleric to farm gold and craft with.
    He is level 31 atm and i just switched from http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00anj.Vq0qA.exzzz to http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00dje.Exki0t00z..Vx

    The problem im having is that, im mana drained after every pull.
    Secondly, if i pull more than 4 same level mobs then i die before they do.

    I start with putting hots up (healing current + healing spray)
    Then i vex the 4 mobs > soul drain > circle of oblivion > soul drain > vex again if needed then rinse and repeat.

    Im not particularly well geared, i have 2.3k HP and am wearing 5 blue items and the rest green (all same level) And a lvl30 blue staff. I was hoping somebody could point out where im going wrong.
    This is my first time as a healer in any MMO and also my first time doing AoE, the first build i linked is actualy leveling faster, dying less and has less downtime than the AoE build so i know i must be doing something wrong somewhere.

    Just to clarify, im only pulling melee mobs and not ranged.
    This is what I would suggest for your current rotation http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00d_r.VxkiMx0sz..VhMo you can drop reparation till ur 32.
    Its wat I use at lvl 32. I have vex in a mouseover macro for pulling mobs then soul drain lands by time all mobs are on me then cricle of oblivion, repeat if necessary.

    You can put what u want in 3rd slot, Purifier for ward, Warden for HoT or Sent for Healing Breath

    Lmao I looked at the wrong link for Sanosuke mine is almost the same.
    Last edited by kaco; 04-25-2011 at 10:22 AM.

  10. #10
    Ascendant sanosuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrate View Post
    I recommend you starting with Sanosuke's build first, then when you get comfortable with it, you could move the points out of justicar to something else. You will inevitably be doing this at a later level any ways :P
    not sure why you would drop justicar I personally plan on going 24 into justicar for 15% damage reduction the extra parry, another mana regen. Honestly 31 INQ is all you need for AOE grinding so anything else you add on should be to support this and justicar does that best. Also on a pvp server i find justicar helps a ton with getting jumped while trying to quest. I wouldn't use it as my warfront build but for AOE grinding and world pvp i dont see anything better
    Last edited by sanosuke; 04-25-2011 at 10:51 AM.

  11. #11
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Here are the nuts and bolts of what I'm running now:

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00drj.VEobMx0az.Vz.V

    There are a couple of additional points in my current build, but that has the essentials. Inq for the DPS, obviously. Justicar adds a ton of survivability. You have plenty of instant cast life spells for quick convictions to power Doctrine of Bliss for self heals. Salvation adds healing too. Sentinel is a flex soul and I could probably justify Warden there, but I like Healing Breath for when I lack Convictions.

    Against same level mobs, I typically pull 3-4. Lower level mobs can get as crazy as 6 or 7 on a single pull. I still stop and break for mana if there are three or four large pulls in a row, but it's pretty high endurance.

    What it can't do is single target DPS. Those are slow but winnable.

  12. #12
    Ascendant sanosuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KnightNavro View Post
    Here are the nuts and bolts of what I'm running now:

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00drj.VEobMx0az.Vz.V

    There are a couple of additional points in my current build, but that has the essentials. Inq for the DPS, obviously. Justicar adds a ton of survivability. You have plenty of instant cast life spells for quick convictions to power Doctrine of Bliss for self heals. Salvation adds healing too. Sentinel is a flex soul and I could probably justify Warden there, but I like Healing Breath for when I lack Convictions.

    Against same level mobs, I typically pull 3-4. Lower level mobs can get as crazy as 6 or 7 on a single pull. I still stop and break for mana if there are three or four large pulls in a row, but it's pretty high endurance.

    What it can't do is single target DPS. Those are slow but winnable.
    pretty much the path im goin but waiting a little longer to put points into sent and going higher justicar first.. single target isnt too bad just make a macro.. start spiritual deficiency(lot of people forget we have this) vex then my macro for your build would go excommunicate, sanction heretic, life's vengeance, bolt of radiance, strike of judgment till dead sometimes if i need mana ill throw in aggressive renewal before strike of judgment usually things are dead by then anyway

  13. #13
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaco View Post
    This is what I would suggest for your current rotation http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00d_r.VxkiMx0sz..VhMo you can drop reparation till ur 32.
    Its wat I use at lvl 32. I have vex in a mouseover macro for pulling mobs then soul drain lands by time all mobs are on me then cricle of oblivion, repeat if necessary.

    You can put what u want in 3rd slot, Purifier for ward, Warden for HoT or Sent for Healing Breath

    Lmao I looked at the wrong link for Sanosuke mine is almost the same.
    I will say this again when leveling in AoE spec when your rotation is pretty much Vex / Vex / Vex / Vex into Fanaticism - Soul Drain - Circle of Obl why waste 5 points into Symbol of Corruption when you can get Unholy Tutelage or more utilized abilities. To each their own I understand this but when leveling the whole point is to kill efficient and fast so please don't waste points that are great when you actually use that spell and deal decent damage with it.

  14. #14
    Ascendant sanosuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _iLLusive_ View Post
    I will say this again when leveling in AoE spec when your rotation is pretty much Vex / Vex / Vex / Vex into Fanaticism - Soul Drain - Circle of Obl why waste 5 points into Symbol of Corruption when you can get Unholy Tutelage or more utilized abilities. To each their own I understand this but when leveling the whole point is to kill efficient and fast so please don't waste points that are great when you actually use that spell and deal decent damage with it.
    yea no point in symbol of corruption at all in an AOE build unholy is WAY more useful

  15. #15
    Rift Master Arcticred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    645

    Default

    I have been trying your build for the last couple of hours Sanosuke, i cant believe how well it plays tbh.

    I have near zero downtime and the mobs dont hit me anywhere near as hard as they did, thanks alot mate

    Where would you recomend me spending my points as i level, dont wanna be a pain but healing specs are totaly new to me.
    http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/any/2/2/3/7/7/4322377PXOFX.png Only the dead have seen the end of war

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts