+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 5v5 organized pvp vid, healing cleric

Default 5v5 organized pvp vid, healing cleric

a few organized fights we had last night. our group was a pug mesh against another full guild group.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=500GjPlCg_Y

our group consisted of a warrior, mage, rogue, and 2 clerics

their group consisted of 2 rogues, 2 mages, and a warrior

did this just for fun from (i believe) talking in irc. there was no vent involved in this for our side either.

for spec questions: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...E0E0ro0z.xEbko
    the rogue community in general --
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    I'm sure they still thinks Slip Away is "Off the GCD"- Vybz
    Hidden Veil and Slip Away don't save lives- Vybz
    simonirl 50cleric dayblind

nice to see people doing this! I tried your spec once, I think I prefer going 32 sentinel now with purifer and only 13 in templar, but hey it's preference! Actually thinking about it now, you went right down the templar tree.. lucky you!

Obviously if vent was involved I would imagine people wouldn't be standing for too long..

Especially if the rogues were NB, where were the healing reductions??

Oh and warriors squashy as usual i see ^^

P.s you click trinket ><
    Last edited by Refuge; 04-25-2011 at 04:39 AM.

Soulwalker

Not to bad, but the build you're using looks pretty choppy and your play style with it I don't understand...

You point build into Soothing Stream, yet you hardly 4app it to anyone during any point of the link (even when there is a break in healing), nor your other HoTs for that matter.

Which leads to during most of the vid you get yourself stuck into spamming heals nonstop because you have no active HoTs rolling at all and you seem to depend on Healing Breath majority of the video.

The video looks like you never get focused at any point aside the end and when you are... you just ran and hardly HoTing yourself or your team mates.

All in all I don't get it O.o

there were healing reductions, but mostly the necro one.

i greater empowered + healing invoc'd the warrior at 1:25, and it healed him for 999, which is over 50% healing debuff. was likely around 70-80% for that one in particular.

after looking thru it again, :25 seconds in the same occurance happens on the mage. greater empower + healing invoc for 1640, which is likely a 50% heal debuff (sounds about right), followed by noncrit healing invoc for 1k, which is likely still the same healing debuff.

it's very hard to heal people when they are paper thin. the only way to do so is become paper thin yourself, which i'm not about to give up.

between the two specs i've tried as main healing for pvp, both involved at least 20templar, and i don't think i'll ever part from it as it offers too good of defense, which is what a cleric is supposed to do anyway ... i don't really like the sentinel tree past 32 points, and relying on things like serendipity is just not a place you want to be in. it's definitely nice and i get it for 1 point just to be able to chain ae at the gcd rate in warfronts, but that's about all it's for (which is fairly reliable, since you are hitting a bunch of targets and your chance to crit is much higher doing so).

i do however wish i had the combat rez in this situation. the other healer in our group i believe was something like 32sent 20warden 14templar which is a good spec too, but i think greater empowerment + ethereal shell > combat rez.

Quote Originally Posted by Xotaatox View Post
    Not to bad, but the build you're using looks pretty choppy and your play style with it I don't understand...

You point build into Soothing Stream, yet you hardly 4app it to anyone during any point of the link (even when there is a break in healing), nor your other HoTs for that matter.

Which leads to during most of the vid you get yourself stuck into spamming heals nonstop because you have no active HoTs rolling at all and you seem to depend on Healing Breath majority of the video.

The video looks like you never get focused at any point aside the end and when you are... you just ran and hardly HoTing yourself or your team mates.

All in all I don't get it O.o
    the problem is is that they were running a last gasping necro, and stacking things like soothing stream is an awful idea, as it will just kill the person faster than throwing big heals at it.

also, rarely was i given ample time to cast 4 soothing streams on a target, because the focus'd target was dying so fast, that if i wasn't casting a big heal, they would have fallen over well before i even got to 4 stacks. these players we were playing against aren't ******ed. if they see a 4stack on someone, they aren't about to keep attacking it, they will switch, and switch very fast as shown.

rarely am i not on global cooldown throughout the video.
    Last edited by aylictal; 04-25-2011 at 04:59 AM.

Soulwalker

What is a last gasping necro? I've never heard that before O.o

What is a last gasping necro? I've never heard that before O.o
    Last Gasp Necromancer Instant 30.00 Seconds 59 Mana
    Curses the enemy, dealing 187 Death damage over 12 seconds. If the affected enemy is healed, an additional stack of Last Gasp will be applied. Max 5 stacks.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by aylictal View Post
    Last Gasp Necromancer Instant 30.00 Seconds 59 Mana
    Curses the enemy, dealing 187 Death damage over 12 seconds. If the affected enemy is healed, an additional stack of Last Gasp will be applied. Max 5 stacks.
    I see

Soulwalker

But... wait, with a 30second CD, could you not just app your cleanse and be done with it?

But... wait, with a 30second CD, could you not just app your cleanse and be done with it?
    cleanse removes one stack of it. if the target gets a heal from any source, it applies another stack.

Soulwalker

Hmm... I see

Glad to see the video (wtb 5v5 circuit pst).

You could tell you guys were off Vent for sure haha. Well played, considering.

The guild group's play left me somewhat perplexed -- I don't think they're running an ideal setup, but with that setup there probably should have been more CC applied than what I could see.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

<3 alyc cool vid

but wtf! drop 2 points out of shell and put those mofos into serendipity what's wrong with you!
    █▄▄ ███ █▄▄ █▄█▄█ █▄█ ▀█▀

purge is off the global cooldown, so hotkeying it really wouldn't serve much purpose.

i suppose i would do it "faster", but this way i guess i give myself a second to think "should i really use purge on this".

if i'm stuck in the middle of a cloud, yeah i could see hotkeying it being useful though. it's an old habit because other games like daoc had 30minute cooldowns on abilities like these, and you really had to think whether you were willing to blow a cooldown of that magnitude or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokhlos View Post
    <3 alyc cool vid

but wtf! drop 2 points out of shell and put those mofos into serendipity what's wrong with you!
    doing so would make me lose greater empowerment, and my aoe's would not benefit from the change whatsoever, only my healing invocation would see benefit from doing this.

i've tossed the idea around, but i still prefer this spec.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast