+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Confusing! A little build help please?

Default Confusing! A little build help please?

Greetings,

So I started playing yesterday, and I rolled a cleric, I've quested to level 20, but I feel like my build is not good at all. I currently am using a Sentinel/Warden build to heal for Warfronts, Instances, and to solo PvE. I mainly just spam the waterjet attack cause its instant and does decent damage, but fights take minutes and involve me healing myself and casting waterjet, and if more than one monster gets involved its game over. Also I tried using other attacks but their long cast time usually ends up with me and my face in the dirt, not to mention I can't cast long heals so I basically alternate between spamming watergun, then using the quick breath of life from sentinels and then watergun.

ANYWAYS I was wondering if there is a better levelling build, I am saving a variant of the Warden/Sentinel as my first role to heal dungeons, but I want my second role to be for Questing/PvE solo/PvP, and I was thinking perhaps melee dps? Although all my gear is WIS stacked so what should I go for? I really need help here I can't decide. And "Thank You" to all who reply
    Congratulations, most people come out of Stasis malnourished, you managed to pack on a few pounds however - GlaDOS

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Electro057 View Post
    Greetings,

So I started playing yesterday, and I rolled a cleric, I've quested to level 20, but I feel like my build is not good at all. I currently am using a Sentinel/Warden build to heal for Warfronts, Instances, and to solo PvE. I mainly just spam the waterjet attack cause its instant and does decent damage, but fights take minutes and involve me healing myself and casting waterjet, and if more than one monster gets involved its game over. Also I tried using other attacks but their long cast time usually ends up with me and my face in the dirt, not to mention I can't cast long heals so I basically alternate between spamming watergun, then using the quick breath of life from sentinels and then watergun.

ANYWAYS I was wondering if there is a better levelling build, I am saving a variant of the Warden/Sentinel as my first role to heal dungeons, but I want my second role to be for Questing/PvE solo/PvP, and I was thinking perhaps melee dps? Although all my gear is WIS stacked so what should I go for? I really need help here I can't decide. And "Thank You" to all who reply
    For solo pve, I like the just/sham/pur tank build. Alot of people like the inq/cab/just for mad aoe, but I just can't get into it.

I don't pvp, so I can't say as to a good build for that.

think theres 20 of these threads everyday now it seems lol anyway go here read through the whole thing lots of help there

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...s-Step-by-Step

depends what you want to do in pvp but Cab/warden is a good build

Yeah, but isn't that for AOE grinding? Or are there other builds later on? Cause I have no idea on how to AOE grind......
    Congratulations, most people come out of Stasis malnourished, you managed to pack on a few pounds however - GlaDOS

Quote Originally Posted by Electro057 View Post
    Yeah, but isn't that for AOE grinding? Or are there other builds later on? Cause I have no idea on how to AOE grind......
    did you not click the link its a guide starts from level 10! even gives you instructions and has videos
    Last edited by sanosuke; 04-24-2011 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sanosuke View Post
    did you not click the link its a guide starts from level 10! even gives you instructions and has videos
    Yeah, I am trying his Inquisitor build, but I don't see any macros ..... I tried the Lvl 21 Justicar build but wasn't feeling it, and the videos I haven't watched yet, I guess I could try if they are informative......

i dont use the cab part of the build dont like it for AOE questing.....dont need macros really for inq.. only macro I use is for single target stuff but even that isnt necessary.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10drG.VEkbMx0o.Vuz
    this is what i used at 28 really just need 10 just and 14 inq to get things going.. very easy for AOE and world pvp works really well also
    Last edited by sanosuke; 04-24-2011 at 08:43 PM.

+ Reply to Thread