+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: AoE grinding and butchering

  1. #1
    Sword of Telara corrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    849

    Default AoE grinding and butchering

    So far, from 14-25, I've been able to AoE grind on mobs that I could also skin. However, now that I'm 25, I'm looking to move on, but I don't know where to. I'm Guardian, and I know of a few areas where I could AoE grind nicely, but none for butchering. Any ideas?

    The two places I've grinded in so far have had fairly quick respawns...I haven't had to wait. I don't care if other mobs are mixed in, but I've been pulling about 200 pieces or more of leather an hour, and would like to keep it up. I'm an inquisitor/justicar/shaman, btw.

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    387

    Default

    i think around that lvl i was at the west end of gloamwood...just south of the camp is a field and then a cave filled with the hounds...

  3. #3
    Sword of Telara corrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    849

    Default

    I'll have to give that a look when I get home.

    Any other areas in case that one has too many people in it?

  4. #4
    Sword of Telara corrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    849

    Default

    Hum, I can't seem to find the area you talk about, Aggro. Could you possibly give me coords or something?

  5. #5
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    607

    Default

    Quest, do Rifts, do PvP quests, do instances for rep and loot as well as the instances quests and keep doing that. You will find all the mobs you need to level. This is not a Korean game my friend, you don't need to go find a spot with NPC's and stay there for hours!

    The game is designed so you can play and enjoy all parts of it without needing to 'grind' mobs for hours.

    At 50 some people still do that, they spend hours gathering groups of mobs and AoE them down...Honestly I rather have a root canal! So you get 100 platinum a few days before I do, so what!

  6. #6
    Sword of Telara corrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Quest, do Rifts, do PvP quests, do instances for rep and loot as well as the instances quests and keep doing that. You will find all the mobs you need to level. This is not a Korean game my friend, you don't need to go find a spot with NPC's and stay there for hours!

    The game is designed so you can play and enjoy all parts of it without needing to 'grind' mobs for hours.

    At 50 some people still do that, they spend hours gathering groups of mobs and AoE them down...Honestly I rather have a root canal! So you get 100 platinum a few days before I do, so what!
    Thanks, but that's totally not what I was asking for.

  7. #7
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    387

    Default

    well, i'm speaking for guardians...if you go north from the main hub in gloamwood then follow the road west toward scarwood, you'll see a small camp of npc's along the way...directly south of that is a small field with hounds...in the back of that field is a cave full of hounds...

  8. #8
    Sword of Telara corrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrosamurai View Post
    well, i'm speaking for guardians...if you go north from the main hub in gloamwood then follow the road west toward scarwood, you'll see a small camp of npc's along the way...directly south of that is a small field with hounds...in the back of that field is a cave full of hounds...
    Ah, got'cha! I know the camp you're talking about. Never knew there were wolves there! Thanks for the tip.

  9. #9
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    387

    Default

    and then when you enter scarwood, the first town..south of it is the field with all the quests...that field has alot of mobs, good for aoe but no skinning...however, if you follow the field south, next to the defiant town, by the cliffs, there's a bunch of dragon looking things...they can be skinned...so aoe them, skin em...go back to the field and aoe grind...after respawn, go back to the dragon things

  10. #10
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Scarwood = Go to Stone Grove (3542, 3684). Wasps everywhere, around lvl 29-30 I believe. Can skin them all.

    Droughtlands = Trapper's Rest (7014, 6274) Crocs (lvl 36) Thick Hides, all along the beach. All can be skinned.

    Droughtlands = Hunters' Camp (8524, 6634) Cats (lvl 40ish) Exotic leather, all in that circle. Those can be skinned. Also, birds in area, cannot be skinned.

  11. #11
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    407

    Default

    Also, once you get above 40 there is a gulch right when you enter in shimmersand that is filled with nothing but raptors.

  12. #12
    Sword of Telara corrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    849

    Default

    Wow, thanks guys! Looks like I'm pretty mapped out all the way up! Much appreciated! <3

  13. #13
    Prophet of Telara ChainsawPlankton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,102

    Default

    I remember I hit a bit of a dry spell with butchering, being defiant I ended up in stonefield and well, can't butcher a rock.

    but over all I've leveled up butchering faster than I've gotten to new zones with new hides. I've had an overflow of exotic hide to the point I just sell to npc, not worth the time to put on auction.

  14. #14
    Sword of Telara corrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawPlankton View Post
    I remember I hit a bit of a dry spell with butchering, being defiant I ended up in stonefield and well, can't butcher a rock.

    but over all I've leveled up butchering faster than I've gotten to new zones with new hides. I've had an overflow of exotic hide to the point I just sell to npc, not worth the time to put on auction.
    That's actually what I do with ALL of the leather I skin. I have a farming character that farms mats for my other crafters. My cleric picked up butchering specifically for the extra income. Leather so far hasn't been worth the time to post on the AH, so I just vendor it all. I'm making heaps of plat by doing that. I'd imagine as I get higher, the leather might be worth putting up, but as of right now, it's just vendor trash. At 25 (almost 26) I'm making about 3-4 plat an hour from vendor trash and vendoring leather. I runebreak the greens I get, so I'd be making more if I was vendoring those as well. Granted, if I sent all the leather I was getting to my outfitter, I'm sure I'd be close to cap on runecrafting by now lol.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts