+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 51 sentinel/15 pur

Telaran

Default 51 sentinel/15 pur

Does anyone use this spec for t1s and t2s? I've healed most t1s and several t2s (with the assistance of bard or chloro) as 34 warden/32 sent and I've tried a couple other specs but always come back to this.

I recently asked a "very good t2 healing cleric" what they use and they said 51 sentinel/15 pur. Thoughts on this? I'm going to test it out but I wasn't sure if anyone had anything to add. (Though I think I go 51 sent/5 pur/10 warden and do something like this http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10jGe.EREtfstsR.V.xx)

So basically I guess the question is...thoughts on the 51 sent for t2s?

Thanks!

I personally like teaming Healing Flood with a deep sentinel build because with my crit chance, the instant AoE hot has a good chance of proccing serendipity, which allows me either to pick up the group with more quick AoE healing or catch a tank up very quickly.

Rift Chaser

i've been hearing good things abt 51sent/15ward...

Soulwalker

34 Sent, 32 Pur is much more useful.

Shadowlander

I roll with 51 sent/15 warden myself. Solo heal most t2 bosses. As was pointed out above, healing flood works well, especially with most aoes being predictable. Need a chloro or bard for a couple, but it really isn't bad. Have not done sent/pur so I can't really speak for that.

I've tried 3x/3x but it just didn't work for me.

Rift Disciple

51sent/15 purifier is just too inflexible for most of the t1/t2 fights. That cleric you spoke too probably has a very good off-healer with him all the time.

I've used 51sent/15pur, the 34/32 sent/pur spec, and have a full warden soul I use often in both T1 and T2. I've settled on 44sent/20warden/2pur. Soothing Stream keeps Serendipity up all the time, and procs my healing trinket almost constantly. The difference between HI at 51 and 44 into sentinal is only like 2-300 per cast. SS ticks are 4-500.

With this build you get two group heals, greater actual hps (since you can heal on the run and get trinket procs more often) than 51sent/anything.
    Last edited by Hang; 04-24-2011 at 08:51 PM.

Soulwalker

I roll a 32/34 warden/sent. So much flexibility and survivability with hots and massive single target heals. Can't beat it.

Rift Master

Why do people call 51 Sentinel / 15 Purifier restricted?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10jGe.EREtfstsR.E00V

Every boss fight has a limited number of AoE moments that require quick healing on the group as well as continuous healing on the tank. This build offers, at 51, a wide enough range of tools to deal with those AoE moments.

Why do some posters shoot down this build as if this build would not do the job really well?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Why do people call 51 Sentinel / 15 Purifier restricted
    Because..

Every boss fight has a limited number of AoE
    is just not true. If your tank really needs those giant heals 51sent/15pur put out in any 5man, your tank needs to gear up somewhere else.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hang View Post
    Because..

is just not true. If your tank really needs those giant heals 51sent/15pur put out in any 5man, your tank needs to gear up somewhere else.
    What do you mean? You say 'is just not true' meaning boss encounters have an unlimited about of AE damage instances? You contunie by saying 51 sent is too powerful for 5 man?

I don't get your point, are you saying 51sent / 15purf can or can not do the job?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Lilholymon View Post
    I roll with 51 sent/15 warden myself. Solo heal most t2 bosses. As was pointed out above, healing flood works well, especially with most aoes being predictable. Need a chloro or bard for a couple, but it really isn't bad. Have not done sent/pur so I can't really speak for that.

I've tried 3x/3x but it just didn't work for me.
    I go 51 sent/12 ward/3 purifier, I think the 3% extra heal crit is better than an extra 3 points in warden which get you deluge, a pretty worthless spell in that spec.

2 days ago i went 51 sent / 15 ward . Ive completed all the tier 1s and two of the tier 2s. I felt like my healing just wasnt as good as my previous 36 sent / 30 warden spec. The 4 stacked Soothing Stream, and 80% increased heal ability is just too nice to pass up for 5 mans.

So, i went back to a 34 sent / 27 ward / 5 purifier . I dont pick up binding heal, or whatever that ability is called that heals yourself + the target, i never use it so i picked up the 5% wisdom from purifier.
    Last edited by Santent; 04-25-2011 at 07:56 AM.

50 Cleric
    Sub Par DPS Extraordinaire

Shadowlander

What's the point of the 15 purifier? The only root worth anything in that case is the 0 point self shield. I'm guessing you're taking flame speaker, spirit guidance, and protection of the ancestors. Protection is wasted until you're 16 points in for ward so really, at 10 points you're getting the skills you want. Purifier is a skill where anything below 20 points is a waste, and anything above 35 is also a waste. It's a bad soul to put leftover points in. Aside from maybe 5 for crit chance.
    Last edited by Brael2; 04-25-2011 at 08:33 AM.

Telaran

I run 51 sent/15 puri, and can solo heal the majority of T2 bosses. I feel like I have plenty of AE healing with the tools available.

I think a lot of it depends on your playstyle as I prefer direct heals over HoTs. This build is just what I am most comfortable with.

And to clarify the purifier points go into:

Flame Speaker for 5% crit (Serenity!)

Spirit Guidance for 5% wisdom

Enflamed Rejuvenation for a 10% chance to increase your next single target heal by 30%. This is very nice and procs a LOT.
    Last edited by Raella; 04-25-2011 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raella View Post
    I run 51 sent/15 puri, and can solo heal the majority of T2 bosses. I feel like I have plenty of AE healing with the tools available.

I think a lot of it depends on your playstyle as I prefer direct heals over HoTs. This build is just what I am most comfortable with.

And to clarify the purifier points go into:

Flame Speaker for 5% crit (Serenity!)

Spirit Guidance for 5% wisdom

Enflamed Rejuvenation for a 10% chance to increase your next single target heal by 30%. This is very nice and procs a LOT.
    If you have enough gear, you could use just about any spec to heal any content. That's not a valid defense of one build being good or being better than another.

Basically, if you're going 51 in Sentinel, you're saying that the 36th root is incredibly good or at least better than spending your points in another tree like Warden or Purifier. I've yet to see anyone defend the 36th root in Sentinel as being exceptional or even good. If people are putting 51 into Sentinel to be a single target healer and aoe healer at the same time, I think they need to re-evaluate their approach to the entire game.

I agree with the 34/32 crowd personally, but that's more based on my play style than hard numbers. I like the versatility I get for single target healing. I wouldn't invest in a aoe talents, but having a situational insta-aoe heal for fights like the end of expert AP/CC is nice too.
    Last edited by HighFive; 04-25-2011 at 12:55 PM.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast